Shloudn't killer perks be stronger than survivors?

The new perk that shows killer pallets and windows, is weaker than survivors windows of opportiunity. The cooldown is bigger by 20 seconds, and the range is smaller by 8 meters. So, killer perks shloudn't be stronger or at least as strong as survivors?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Ksoni said:

    The new perk that shows killer pallets and windows, is weaker than survivors windows of opportiunity. The cooldown is bigger by 20 seconds, and the range is smaller by 8 meters. So, killer perks shloudn't be stronger or at least as strong as survivors?

    Eh, that's only true for that one perk because it don't see what exactly it's supposed to accomplish. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿค—

    Most other killer perks are pretty strong!

  • @Ksoni said:

    The new perk that shows killer pallets and windows, is weaker than survivors windows of opportiunity. The cooldown is bigger by 20 seconds, and the range is smaller by 8 meters. So, killer perks shloudn't be stronger or at least as strong as survivors?

    Since The Spirit's chapter, the devs don't want to make more meta perks for killers. It's obvious.

    But I don't know why.

  • Why would you run this perk anyway?

  • @Groxiverde said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/109095/shloudnt-killer-perks-be-stronger-than-survivors

    Since The Spirit's chapter, the devs don't want to make more meta perks for killers. It's obvious.

    But I don't know why.

    Which new survivor perks have made the meta?

  • There's no direct way to compare survivor and killer perks since the roles are so different. Both sides have strong and weak perks.

  • They are, some killer perks drastically change the game. Only good survivor perks are the exhaustion ones, spine chill, borrowed time, decisive strike, adrenaline and iron will.

  • I mean I agree, that perk sounds like a cool one that encourages using map knowledge for mindgames and such, sort of like how I'm All Ears can shine in the right situations.

    There was already a comment about meta perks in the thread but I feel they want to avoid adding more perks with widespread generalist appeal. Personally I'm a fan of it as I prefer perk systems in games to be more about specializing in specific ways as opposed to "you do thing faster/better" and "you can now do new thing by pressing the button".

  • @Groxiverde said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/109095/shloudnt-killer-perks-be-stronger-than-survivors

    Since The Spirit's chapter, the devs don't want to make more meta perks for killers. It's obvious.

    But I don't know why.

    Don't think they've made any meta perks in a while. Last survivor one was MoM but it was quickly nerfed.

    Legion had discordance which is very good on Billy's or gen grabber spirit. Plague had Corrupt Intervention which is basically meta on trapper. Infectious Fright is usually used on Billy or Myers. Ghostface has thrilling tremors which I've seen on a number of killers. Demogorgan is the only killer that had useless perks across the board.

    The only thing the devs haven't done is create a meta perk that works on all killers but I don't mind that.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/884665#Comment_884665

    deliverance (because it is strong with decisive strike)

    distortion was also popular (probably because of bbq meta but I don't see it used anymore)

    Head On (a lot of people are using it to escape bad situations like basement and they are using it to troll the killer cuz it is fun ๐Ÿ˜œ)

    Mettle of man (but it was nerfed)

    inner strength (why use self care which take 32 seconds to heal while you can heal in 8 seconds with inner strength)

    I wouldn't say a single one of those is meta, personally. I never see Distortion or MoM, rarely see Head On and Deliverance. And Inner Strength is a good perk and new so can't say where it'll land in time.

  • @oxygen said:

    I mean I agree, that perk sounds like a cool one that encourages using map knowledge for mindgames and such, sort of like how I'm All Ears can shine in the right situations.

    There was already a comment about meta perks in the thread but I feel they want to avoid adding more perks with widespread generalist appeal. Personally I'm a fan of it as I prefer perk systems in games to be more about specializing in specific ways as opposed to "you do thing faster/better" and "you can now do new thing by pressing the button".

    But why? Perks and builds with them are the only thing thats keep me playing.

  • I'd it's quite different depending on platform and "rank"

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/884726#Comment_884726

    I wouldn't say a single one of those is meta, personally. I never see Distortion or MoM, rarely see Head On and Deliverance. And Inner Strength is a good perk and new so can't say where it'll land in time.

    Survivors are getting very, fun to play with perks like head on, deliverance, or all the new nancy perks. Survivors don't depend on perks as much as killers, so they can have more varaiety in thier builds. But with the killer role the rule is simple, You either play with meta perks and killers or you lose. Killers depends on perks much more, and one of thier perk slot shloud equal 4 survivors, so whats the damm reason to waste it on a perk that is much weaker than some of the surv one? Furtive chase, blood echo, zahzin tactics, hangmans trick, overwhelming pressence, mounstrous shrine, curel confintment, mindbreaker. Youre punished for trying new builds and being creative. Youre punished for playing with new killer perks that are trash, and you have to waste 2 or 3 more perk slots to make this new one somehow usefull. Devs please make meta perks, it makes the game hella fun. What im gonna do with reduced terror radious when in chase? Or blocked windows on other side of the map when generator pops? Thanks for reading my book.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/109095/shloudnt-killer-perks-be-stronger-than-survivors

    Eh, that's only true for that one perk because it don't see what exactly it's supposed to accomplish. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿค—

    Most other killer perks are pretty strong!

    Most other killer perks are pretty strong

    So wrong. There are roughly 5 killer perks that can be considered "strong", and most of them can easily be countered, and none of them gives a pinch of the advantage the survivors' perks give them.