The rift is still too grindy

So I'm back after I took a break for a month and see that nothing has been done to the rift fragment grind. You can see my previous post about the rift if you want the details but in short after you complete ALL the challenges in ALL the levels of the tome (some of the challenges are total bs but that's a topic for another day) you still need to play around 7 games (maybe more, depending on how much exp in a match you get) A DAY to unlock tier 70 in the rift (for me it averages around 4 hours a day and maybe more depending on the que times, that is if I consistently play every day which I know it won't happen since I took a longer break and probably will take more breaks in the future) assuming you play both killer and survivor for the first wins and the challenges. It is baffling to me that the devs think that this is a good idea even tho they said previously that to complete the rift you will only need to play for about an hour a day(that is a blatant lie).

As it stands right now it's only catered to the whales who can buy rift tiers (1 tier = 100 auric cells), nolifers and streamers who can sink an ungodly amount of time a day in this game which the average players can't do since they have jobs and family.

Overall I'm very disappointed how Behaviour has handled their battlepass, it's deseptive ,scummy, cash grabby and it lures us with the promise of getting our cells back but what's the point if we can't reach the end tier.

I don't hate the devs nor the game as a matter of fact I love the game and devs that made and are making it. I have spent a lot of money on the game more often to support the devs then to buy a skin that I really like and because of that it saddens me that they are willing to sacrifice good will for some money even tho this can be changed with a few tweaks.

Possible tweaks:

Half the amount of exp needed for a rift fragment.

Put more challenges in the tome for possibly more fragments.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/884877#Comment_884877

    And?

    You still need the same amount of matches to complete the rift. It's not like the challenge rewards less rift fragments now.

    If I pay you $82 of the $100 I owe you and pay the other remaining $18 over 20 days, you did not make any more money than if I had just paid you $5 a day.

    Let me explain it in the manner of fun


    If you run out of challenges to do and still have tiers left to get, its gonna be stupidly boring and you will have no fun at all getting the rest as it feels like a grind fest. If you have a long challenge and difficult, but not too difficult, you could have fun and have, in a manner, less tier to get whilst having challenges left to have fun with.


    This sounds like I completely changed it, but this is aiming towards the fun side of having long, not stressful challenges

  • @kcwolf1975 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/884842#Comment_884842

    I was happy about the blind change, i am horrible with a flashlight.

    Try and do it during pallet breaks, makes it easier to get the challenges down for blinding killers with a flashlight

  • @Kirakux said:

    Personally I haven't had to much issues with it. I kinda like something that makes me work for it. I mean you're playing the game anyways...

    the only quest I had an issue with was the stupid EGC unhooks. One is doable but two in one game was brutal.

    tbh I was fine with all the other ones, heck I even finished all the killer ones for tome 3.

    I'm also one the idiots that bought the battlepass cause I wanted the little charm at tier 70, which I finally got today. Sad about the recolors though lol.

    I didnt buy any tiers though, just the battle pass and I got all my auric shards back so I'm kinda indifferent about it.

    I'm probably one of the very few that's alright with all this.

    Nah, I'm right there with you. Did the same thing and I'm at tier 65 with about 6 challenges left to go. Also this is the first game I've ever bought a battle pass in and frankly I thought it was pretty damn cool.

  • @Viracocha72 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/883937#Comment_883937

    Nah, I'm right there with you. Did the same thing and I'm at tier 65 with about 6 challenges left to go. Also this is the first game I've ever bought a battle pass in and frankly I thought it was pretty damn cool.

    I mean I'm a tad disappointed in recolors, but it's still a pretty cool thing. The charms look cool, even if most people don't seem to use them yet, lol.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/884889#Comment_884889

    11 days versus 70 days? Sounds great. Sign me up.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/884899#Comment_884899

    That's not how people are playing though. People are intentionally throwing matches in order to get their challenges done as soon as possible rather than casually trying to do them through normal gameplay.

    The sooner matches get back to normal, the healthier the overall gameplay will be.

    I was actually unaware of the people throwing matches, I only did it in a manner while doing the EGC sacrifices with NoEd, which was me letting survivors get all gens before slugging 2 of them

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/884889#Comment_884889

    The Rift has been planned for a long time. I don't believe it was ever their intention to release the skins as part of the Halloween event instead of linking them to the Rift.

    You are probably right, i guess i just assumed that you would earn the blight cosmetics during the halloween event like last year.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/884701#Comment_884701

    There's also the problem that I am trying to play normally and everyone else is throwing games by saving in front of the killer with BT regardless of circumstances, going super immersed the entire game because they don't want to get hooked once with spine chill, DCing/suiciding on hook if they go down once because they won't do their challenges, killers running constant basement builds, tunneling and camping anyone who's the obsession, or intentionally throwing games and AFKing to get EGC to happen so they can do some bloodwarde/NOED cheese to get two kills at the end.

    ^ Happens whether I care about the Rift or not. I as a solo survivor do not get to choose to play with people who care about the Rift and people who don't.

    Then there's the simple fact that it doesn't matter if I care about the Rift or not -- the Rift is what it is. A predatory, grindy, monetization model in a game that's already pay to play with other monetization schemes, designed to prey on people's impatience and time limiting everything so if they don't play the game constantly, they miss out.

    I'd like to be able to play the game without having a time limit of missing out on rewards or getting nothing. Have you seen the free track? The only things of real actual worth are put at the very very end. Nobody who wants to play the game now and then or even an hour a day despite their claims will ever make it to the end of the track. To make me work for 200~300 hours and claim it's a gift and that I should be happy and honored to get something for free and that it's all an act of good-will at all is incredibly baffling to me in a game I paid for, paid for DLCs in, and purchased cosmetics in.

    So long as you are surviving and playing decently you'll last long enough to make a decent amount of rift fragments. People have always played poorly and farmed each other on hook, or played immersive, this isn't something new and it isn't an accurate criticism against the battle pass.

    You say you are "trying" and that it is grindy, but I honestly have no idea what you are talking about from my own experience. Just playing the game and doing the challenges appears to be enough. What Tier are you at right now?

    FoMo (Fear of missing out) is a you issue. It is not something you can use to put down a system or show that the system is somehow "bad". If you care so much about the cosmetics and charms then do something about it. If you can't meet the requirements to complete the rift then that is too bad, you don't deserve these things just because you want them.

    Sure, most of it is behind a pay wall but if you complete the rift you actually make your cells back, which leads me to my next point:

    BHVR is not here just to hand you things. They are a company selling a product. Sure you had to pay for the game, but there is nothing in the rift that gives you an advantage. It is all optional cosmetics. And optional things in this game are already being sold for real money. At least with the rift, if you finish it, you make all your cells back which you can then use on the next rift and, probably, make your cells back again and just keep going having paid for all the cosmetics and charms you unlock once.

  • @kcwolf1975 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/884896#Comment_884896

    You are probably right, i guess i just assumed that you would earn the blight cosmetics during the halloween event like last year.

    I personally would have preferred that, but I guess they wanted to try something new this time.

  • @Stains said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/884685#Comment_884685

    Not being able to complete the rift as a casual player is not a good marketing strategy and the amount of people running with a bought pass says so. It was falsely advertised to lure in people, artificially bloated with needless 25 auric cells rewards and made somewhat hard to complete by doing challenges. I rest my case

    It is and was marketed as free to play and completely optional. The rift is purely for cosmetic rewards. The lore and challenges are completely free and not capped to a time limit.

    And it's not needlessly bloated with auric cells. If you complete the rift you get all your cells back so it's free ( it's called incentive). And again your complaining about money grab but your mad they give you money back lol.

    And if you can't complete 70 levels in 70 days it's pretty bad. You get enough XP in a couple matches to get 1 level.

  • @Elegant said:

    Battle passes are not designed for everyone to be able to finish. It's supposed to be grindy. That's the point of it. The stuff at the end is a reward for consistently and constantly playing the game. It would defeat the point of the rift if everything was easy and there wasn't a grind. The first two tomes could all be completed in a handful of games. These take a few extra games but aren't that awful. The only part that angered me was the iridescent emblem bug that made it really bad. If you don't play the game enough to complete these challenges, you don't really deserve the rewards at the end anyway. If you REALLY want a certain reward, you can always buy enough rift levels to make up the difference.

    Mate I've played games like fortnite on the side while playing other games more and still barely playing. The game is free and the battlepass is way cheaper and your basically guaranteed to complete it if you play a bit, even inconsistently... That and skins are basically their only source of income but they do fine. I'd have begrudgingly put in even more money to get it if it was easier and I'm sure others would but I've put too much money into buying killers at it is to buy a ######### battlepass. It's not like fortnites where your guaranteed to make it back if you play enough because you need to play alot longer to have a hope in hell and tbh the rewards aren't even that great and that's just a fact. It's just pure greed and the Devs thinking people should be rebuying their pass everyday unless they are unemployed/don't care about their academics and play dbd like it's their full time job.

  • could the rift have gotten even grindier? when i finished my challenges in the first rift i was level 65. ive finished my challenges in rift four and am only level 55.

  • @dabaconboss said:

    could the rift have gotten even grindier? when i finished my challenges in the first rift i was level 65. ive finished my challenges in rift four and am only level 55.

    hey you know this thread was in december 2019? and Yes things changed. there are less challenges or master challenges and it has resulted in about 5 tiers not covered by challenges over all. That's a lot of extra work, I went in expecting the tome to get me to 60-63 but it took me to 53-55 ... yea there's more of a grind.

  • I wish there wasn't much of a grind. Even after completing all of the challenges I still lag behind the tome. It would be better if the devs added some rift fragments to the daily challenges like maybe 1 or 2.

  • @Bassador said:

    I can vouch for you on that it doesn’t take an hour to complete a level for the rift. On console, queue times for survivor are god awful (killer on the other hand are pretty fast). 1-2 matches for one little shard (that’s a tenth of the way to a completed level) 🤢 I’ll be going back to school soon, so praying that an hour will get me a level won’t be granted to any of me anytime soon. Work, school, and other priorities come first. On top of that, everyone stops playing the game at hand to finish a “ChAlLeNgE” because it becomes the priority. I’m sick of it, I’m sure a lot of people are.

    That depends on what time you're playing each role. At night you're basically getting killer matches instantly, but at night Survivor cue times are longer. In daytime Survivor cue times are quicker, but killer cue times are longer.

  • Yes, its aimed at children who spend all evening in front of pc. We have 18+ and extreme violence tag, but pls dont mind it. Violence is ok. :^)

  • I just wish they'd add some rift fragments to the premium tier.

1 2 3 ›