Petition to add QoL adjustments to Demogorgon
- Add "Survivors can no longer hear when you are traversing the upside down" to the Red Moss add-on. The objective of this add-on is to give the Demogorgon a stealth advantage, despite the facts that he's loud as hell and his stomps can even be heard from 16m away. Do the survivors really need the loud Roar effect as a heads up warning when he is using Red moss? Adding this to the add-on will create a more intense atomosphere against an opponent that survivors can characteristically predict do to his sound design: e.g. When he traverses the upside down after hooking a survivor, the rest of the team knows he's not near the hook anymore, or When he attacks a survivor and... "howls?" the rest of the team automatically know he's not a threat to them unless they are in Heartbeat radius. The point is that Demogorgon is a loud and proud killer, but this add-on sacrifices his frequency in teleporting from portal to portal for 10 seconds of the "undetectable" status... of which only an idiot would fall for being that his stomps are heard loud and clear 16m around any survivor, but since they get the extra warning (I.E. loud shout that signifies he's teleporting), the add-on becomes literally useless to him for its intended purpose.
- Let "Of the Abyss" reveal survivors near or on Inactive portals. The primary objective of the Demogorgon seems to be to catch survivors off guard, and ruthlessly pursue them, but currently any survivor worth their salt who sees an active portal knows to either cleanse it, or stay away from it. The detection aspect of the portals is the weakest aspect of them by far, and for damn good reason: The portals have to be active/destroy-able before the Demogorgan can use them for this purpose. Survivors adapted to this on day 1 of the demos release, and if the Demogorgon really wanted to use them for info gathering on survivors whereabouts, there is no way he can do so currently, much less respond in time to stop them from cleansing the portal. Making it so that inactive/invisible portals reveal survivors near them when channeling "Of the Abyss" would not only make this aspect of the portals much more useful, but also make it so that he's able to get the jump on survivors more often, and help with his map knowledge and pressure.
Demogorgon is a great killer, but for some reason, even the best of us are having a hard time using him. At best he's mid tier, but only because he's too loud and proud for his own good. It's impossible to mindgame survivors at mindgameable loops if they hear every move he makes within 16m, red stain be damned. So if you are going to have a killer who can't mindgame survivors, you might as well give him some threatening ways to compensate.
Anyone with me on this, add a +1 in the comments. All creative criticism is welcome.
EDIT: These are just a couple of QoL changes I thought of to help him out a little, If you have any other proposed changes to add, I'd love to hear them.
Comments
1) I would agree to this, but not for Red Moss. I feel that's strong enough already. Maybe another add-on.
2) If this was an add-on effect sure. Green would be fine.
The thing is you don't know where a portal is, so he could detect you without you knowing it. Maybe if by doing so it activates the portal when Killer Instinct goes off, but the reason they don't do that is because you can't see the portals until they are active.
As for the first one I got it confused with his other add-on. Still I would rather it be on a different add-on, perhaps Lifeguard Whistle because I don't see much of a point to inflict exhaustion for 5 seconds. If the survivor sees you coming out of the portal they just walk away, by the time you catch up they have recovered from exhaustion already.
Yes in my proposed change the survivors can't see the portals when they detect them with Killer instinct, but you also have to consider the other factors of this QoL change: The portals are only 2 meters in size with a meager detection range of 4 meters (7 meters at most if you use both of the higher end detection range add-ons), and they appear and start glowing the moment he starts teleporting to them. On top of this when a portal becomes active survivors can hear it from 8 meters away, its even louder if he's using it, and throughout the match he's not always in "of the abyss" mode which is what allows him to detect the survivors near the portals in the first place, so detection isn't automatic. All this QoL change will do is give him more info on survivors whereabouts, and allow him to get a bit of a jump on them, without being OP due to the factors of using the portals in the first place. Currently the only portals that can detect survivors are the active ones, which imo, makes the detection aspect the most useless part of them because survivors being detected are either A) Cleansing the Portal, or B) running past it. All other times the portals aren't detecting the survivors are because the survivors aren't there, or they are purposely avoiding going near the portals.
I respect your criticism that the proposed change to Red Moss should be given to another add-on so Demogorgon can pair it with others, but I still don't see why it shouldn't be added to the Red moss because its both ultra rare, and it emphasizes his stealth game play. If I proposed that it should also make his foot stomps silent for 10 seconds, then it would be a real game play changer for him emphasizing stealth over being his normal "Loud and Proud" self. Much like how Scratched Mirror for Shape, or Waterlogged shoe + Scarred hand for Hag completely changes their play-styles, but all I'm asking for is that it makes his teleportation silent, nothing else. Although I do agree, the Lifeguard Whistle add-on is pretty useless and could use this kind of change to it.
These sound like good changes I'll up vote but his portals aren't his real issue hindering him, it's his shred.
Not super fond of these changes, I don't think he needs much.
Personally I'd just like it if lots more of his addons were focused around Shred, without them being too oppressive (no insta charge kind of stuff). I like Demo a lot but he possibly has the most boring addons of anyone.
1. I wouldn't care of its base or not simply because it's way too obvious.
2. I thought they did?
3. Make it so the killer wont have to hear those Godzilla like foot steps. I tried him once and was like "nah I'm out"
I like him really cool killer just to obvious he is warping around. If people dont listen for his footsteps then they deserved to be gen grabbed or free hit.
I want demogorgon hitting something not be a global sound.
1) I agree that its too obvious, which kinda defeats the purpose of having add-ons that increase the time of his undetectable status effect after emerging from a portal. At first he was able to gen grab survivors, but very soon afterwards they adapted by walking away from gens for a few seconds whenever they hear his teleporting sounds, just to make sure he didn't come to a portal near them. This basically means his primary advantage of having an increased undetectable time via add-on's makes them pretty useless. Kinda like how PTB ghost face had that 16m howling wind sound whenever he went into night shroud mode, which was like the killer shouting out "I'm in stealth over here, don't look at me!"... it completely defeated the purpose of it.
2) Inactive portals currently don't detect survivors near them, which is why I proposed that change.
3) To be honest, it would be nice if Undetectable also silenced foot stomp sounds entirely. Especially on a killer like Demogorgon whose stomps are audible to survivors within 16 meters, while most other killers foot stomps can't be heard until they are within 6-8 meters at most. I wish his stomps weren't so audible all the time, because they also make it so that survivors can directionally hear him behind walls and know where he's going, which pretty much defeats his ability to mind-game them. The upcoming Oni also has this problem.
It would be nice if it had a limited audible range for other survivors, like Wraiths cloaking/uncloaking Whoosh sound and bell. This would make going up against the Demogorgon a little less atmospheric, but also help him by letting him remain loud and proud but only to those who are nearby when he's attacking. Currently when survivors hear him attacking on the map, they all know they are safe to do gens, which basically means he gets gen rushed a lot.
Actually I like that idea, having his stomps be much quieter (maybe not silent) during his undetectable status. That'd be a neat buff I'd be down for.
1. Settled xD
2. This explains so much tbh why when I tried for his adept a few hrs ago portals dodnt work.
3. I just mean for him not for the survivors. Survivors need counterplay to anything, but his footsteps in my ear as I played him is really bad.
3) True, hearing his foot stomps while playing him is so loud that it often covers up survivors own footstep, breathing, and crying sounds which makes is difficult to hear when a survivor is moving nearby. Currently though, if there is any chase music going on, you can't hear survivors footstep sounds at all, and that wasn't the case before the latest patch. This always seems to happen whenever the devs update the engine, like when the Pig came out, but at that disaster of an engine update survivor sounds were completely silent, and it took the devs 5 months to fix the sound design. You'd think they'd have learned by now to anticipate sound issues like these whenever they update the engine and fix them asap. As for quieting his foot stomps for the person playing him, I wholeheartedly agree, because they are currently too loud and obscuring the sounds survivors make, which in turn makes it more difficult to track them via sound design.
I don't think it's shriek after it hits a survivor should be map wide. His stomps should be quieter and he needs some kind of buff to his portals idk what but something to make them better. I doubt anything will be done about his problems.
make his footsteps 100% quieter on the killer side
His footsteps counter his portal teleport where he is undetectable so it makes it useless to even have it on there though
They mean as a killer they dnt want or need to hear it. Keep it for survivor 100%
i'm saying it should be lowered for both sides or just get rid of undetectable cause it's useless on him cause he gets no benefit from it cause he is so loud.
Stealth killers need counters
Removing Demogorgan's counter with his footsteps after a warping is not a buff it's just a uncountable joke if his global warp sound was removed.
I dont mind buffs or QoL changes to killers, but giving them abilities without counters is the opposite of a healthy environment.
All of those killers you can't hear while working on a gen when they are in stealth, Demogorgon has these loud stomping and sound effects from his teleport with a 3 second i think undetectable status it makes no sense why he even has that if he gives himself away like that, he's the loudest killer in the game for no reason other than he's a big dumb monster.
He's not that threatening is all I'm saying for him to give himself away that much when he is just a basic killer.
I can hear the rest on the gen when I'm paying attention even with music on.
i didnt mean make his footsteps quieter for survivors too, i only mean that its quieter when playing him.