Spirit changes are not enough. I have an idea.
Well. I play as Spirit sometimes, and as survivor aswell.
Without the amulet, i easily do 4 kills, every game.
I got an average of 2 DC per game.
Yeah, remove collisions is a good thing, but it's not the thing that make the killer OP.
Litteraly, Spirit is braindead. It breaks all the looping system, because as a survivor, you can't have a single information about where the Spirit is trying to hit you from.
I got an idea. Why not add a phasing during Yamaoka's haunting ?
Not as much as the passive phasing, but something like an apparition each second.
The killer would be so much more balanced, and addons could slow down this phasing to make her less predictable.
But at the actual state, it's just impossible as a survivor to counter a Spirit.
Take this advice into consideration if you care about the opinion of someone rational.
Thanks :)
Comments
Honestly I think they did well with Spirit, so i have to disagree.
Imo, there is no way Spirit will be balanced after the upcoming update.
It will be a bit less powerful, but still too much to be balanced.
I can be wrong. Wait & see.
I would just make her move grass and maybe make the Survivors injured sounds non directional for her while phasing.
Calling Spirit braindead for countering the most braindead mechanic in the game.
Where are my meme emotes when I need them?
@AhoyWolf yeah, a thing like this.
Just some informations for the survivors, in any way whatsoever.
@PigNRun I can understand your point of view. But tell me more.
What do you call the most braindead mechanic in the game ? Rushing gens ? You can counter this with pressure and slowing down perks.
A frustrating killer who doesn't give any info, pushing survivors to disconnect at sight ? No, it's not a counter, it's a shame for the balance of the game.
People DC cause they don't want to play against Legion or Wraith. They DC cause they can with no punishment yet. I had one person DC cause i HIT THEM
@UlvenDagoth some survivors are nonsense i have to agree.
But in the Spirit case, it's not because of the game situation. It's because of Spirit.
Almost every survivor - watch Twitch streamers if you don't believe me as you seem to got a killer advice - wanna DC when spirit pops because there is nothing to do. Not because of the player skill, but the broken character. This will not change after the update... Trust me.
I have no doubt about the satisfaction of playing it. But think about playing against.
Any kind of promoting DCs is bannable. I've played a good bit of Survivor now, and you wanna know what I do when I face Spirit? Play the game anyway. That's it. I play the game. DC'ing cause you think it's "OP" or whatever is bannable and will be punished soon. In a PVE game? Sure. PVP? you don't get to pick what you "Deal With". I don't care how many people are on the "DC TO SPIRIT CAUSE NO COUNTERPLLLLAAAYYY" bandwagon, I will never DC cause of that or any other reason I have control over.
I don't DC either because I want my points and I don't want to disavantage my team, but this is not the topic.
Spirit is the only killer that doesn't give any information during chases and it's just not balanced, that's all.
Even the Wraith, cloaked, is noticeable.
When will you accept that it's just the truth ?
She really isn't op in my opinion, at least not after the upcoming patch. I do feel like calling her braindead is not fair. She does take some skill in my opinion, definitely.
Problem is her counterplay still feels very luck based, and when you are injured, that's when things can get quite unfair. I'm not quite sure if I understand your suggestion, but if you are suggesting that you should be able to see her for a brief moment every second or two while she is phasing, than I would honestly like that and agree, if she gets buffed in another way to compensate for that. Like giving her ability a slightly smaller cooldown. This way she would have more counterplay but could use her ability more often, allowing her to use it for better map pressure as well.
The only thing to do is add a notification for a certains range when Spirit starts phasing. Thats all it still needs.
@ad19970 every killer requieres some skill, I agree.
The thing i wanted to show is the lack of informations during haunting.
Yeah you understood and i totally agree about an upgrade in return. I don't want Spirit to become low tier killer. I just don't want to be frustrated everytime i meet her, same for my opponents when i play it.
Idk if any of you have noticed but the mother daughter ring add-on has been bugged ever since the spirit released. You're not supposed to be able to see scratch marks with this add-on but you still can...
Spirit is fine, she has always been. She doesn't need a tell for her power because that's all she has in chases. She's literally as slow as Huntress, take away the ability to use her power reliably in chases and she's a hatchet-less Huntress
Yes that's totally understandable. I don't enjoy going against her as well since her counterplay seems to be purely luck based.