Tome week 3 challenges are way too hard for most people too complete.

And it's gonna get worse for week 4. This week we have these beautiful challenges.

Survivor:

1: get 25 safe unhooks.

2: Fully deplete 8 keys.

3: Escape the trial with spine chill and not get hooked.

Killer:

1: damage 40 gens/pallets

2: Catch 5 survivors in bear traps in a single trial/

3: Put a survivor in the basement when one is already in the basement with monstrous shrine.

4: Interrupt and grab 6 SURVIVORS.

5: Sacrifice 2 survivors during EGC with noed.

I mean come on BHVR, did you actually test these challenges before you put them live? how on earth is a casual player going too complete these challenges, and even some hardcore players are gonna struggle with these. Reduce the difficulty of the week 3 and 4 tomes and make them actually fair and plausable. And I add week 4 since it was leaked and those challenges look like hell. One of them is Hooking all 4 people in the basement, and another is getting 3 sacrifices during the EGC with noed.

Comments

  • I agree, some the survivor and killer challenges are way too hard and luck based to be doable in a realistic timespan. I think killer has got it worse though (like seriously, sacrifice two survivors AFTER EGC has started with NOED? ######### are they thinking?), but survivor still has some terrible ones too. Just think, this isn't even the fourth tome yet, and that one has some challenges that are virtually impossible.

    These challenges need tweaking, really badly

  • @Luigifan64 said:

    I agree, some the survivor and killer challenges are way too hard and luck based to be doable in a realistic timespan. I think killer has got it worse though (like seriously, sacrifice two survivors AFTER EGC has started with NOED? ######### are they thinking?), but survivor still has some terrible ones too. Just think, this isn't even the fourth tome yet, and that one has some challenges that are virtually impossible.

    These challenges need tweaking, really badly

    Agreed, they won't though because the devs rarely every listen too the community about these things. It's unfortunate but true.

  • I haven't looked at all of them but most are fine. The worst ones (off the top of my head) are sacrifice 2 survivors during egc and pull I think it was 2 survivors off generators. It's damn near impossible to pull survivors off gens even with GF and he arguably has the highest potential to do it.

    Most of the survivors just looked like it will take sometime but theyre not hard.

  • @DarthRane said:

    I haven't looked at all of them but most are fine. The worst ones (off the top of my head) are sacrifice 2 survivors during egc and pull I think it was 2 survivors off generators. It's damn near impossible to pull survivors off gens even with GF and he arguably has the highest potential to do it.

    Most of the survivors just looked like it will take sometime but theyre not hard.

    One survivor challenge I forgot too add was "get 2 safe unhooks during EGC in one match." which is literally impossible unless the stars a line. and it's not 2 pulls, it's 6! you pretty much have too run Prayer Beads Spirit, or go too lery's with Myers or Ghostface.

  • I think the issue is less that they're too hard, but that the way the tome is structured puts survivors at direct competition with each other (in the form of having to get 25 safe unhooks before being able to attempt other challenges). Meaning that for a short period after the level release you're going to see a disparity between survivors priorities in-game, potentially making it harder to escape until a significant portion of the playerbase has completed that challenge.

    It would be antithetical to BHVRs financial needs for everyone to complete each level in the timeframe provided as they would earn their Auric Cells back, which is not an ideal situation to be the norm. However I don't think the current tome as demonstrated by level III is an effective way of ensuring the distribution that they're after.

    I wrote about this in depth here:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/107825/detailed-feedback-on-the-tome-system-and-the-behavior-it-encourages#latest

  • @Xetoil said:

    I think the issue is less that they're too hard, but that the way the tome is structured puts survivors at direct competition with each other (in the form of having to get 25 safe unhooks before being able to attempt other challenges). Meaning that for a short period after the level release you're going to see a disparity between survivors priorities in-game, potentially making it harder to escape until a significant portion of the playerbase has completed that challenge.

    It would be antithetical to BHVRs financial needs for everyone to complete each level in the timeframe provided as they would earn their Auric Cells back, which is not an ideal situation to be the norm. However I don't think the current tome as demonstrated by level III is an effective way of ensuring the distribution that they're after.

    I wrote about this in depth here:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/107825/detailed-feedback-on-the-tome-system-and-the-behavior-it-encourages#latest

    I would be fine with how hard the master challenges are if they weren't Trial restricted. As someone on reddit said, even if you have too get 5 safe unhooks during the EGC it would be fine because it's not trial restricted.

  • Main issue with those challenges is that they encourage people to play dumb. Games turn into a farm fields instead of just normal gameplay. Good challenge, that's actually a challenge and doesn't force dumb plays and farming are Trapper's trapping quests. Sure, it's difficult to trap 5 people in one game sometimes, but it fits his playstyle, you set traps during game... challenge here is to make your trap plays better, and that's great. But lets take a look at other quests:

    Survivors:

    • Unhook 25 survivors... yeah, that totally doesn't encourage farmers to farm hooks and die in 2mins
    • Unhook 2 survivors during endgame collapse - usually if endgame collapse starts and there are 3-4 people left in the game and killer gets one, they'll just face camp. Plus it's second quest, almost blocking survivor path so... good job, good job
    • Escape a trial without being hooked - like... really? I hope if killer DCs it'll count. Sure it happened to me few times, but usually I'll get hooked at least once. And how is that not an encouragement to just crouch and do nothing? For many people it will be for sure

    Killers:

    • Hook 15 survivors in the basement... - so too few insidious Bubbas? Okay, it is some sort of challenge in some cases to bring a person to a basement, but come on. It's more frustrating and sure, I shouldn't do it like that, but I was still kind of tryharding the basement, losing survivors 4 times during an attempt to bring them there.
    • Basement + shrine - so the challenge here is to play with 3 perks basically? Sure, it can be some sort of challenge to hook two people at the same time in the basement, but that's still an encouragement to just camp.
    • Grab 6 survivors - I thought this tome was about Trapper, when it comes to killers... for me it's kind of okay, I have all the stealth killers to make it easier, but it's still kind of annoying, encouraging tryharding just that.
    • Sacrifice 2 survivors during endgame collapse - not the worst quest by itself, but if I play vs potato team I have to just what, sit in the corner and wait until they stop hiding and finish gens after 20min?


    Plus biggest issue, in my opinion, is that you have to pre-select the quest and can complete only one per trial. While some are annoying, difficult, tryharding. I was walking around destroying pallets, kicking gens, while I grabbed few survivors and few days later I'll have to do this once again? I've already escaped without being hooked, using spine chill, but I'm still unhooking 25 survivors.

    Yeah, I know, this complain is a stretch, but some quests have way too many random factors. They encourage weird behavior, most cannot be even completed during, relatively, normal gameplay, like basement ones. Not the most difficult, but sometimes you don't get too close to basement at all, and you have to either threw the quest away, for the duration of the game, or do some weird things and most likely lose and not complete anything.

  • I did pratically all the killer tome 3 challanges with pure luck games. The 2 sacrifice on end game with freddy noed+ that perk that blocks exit for 1 min if I hook someone (fortunate I have killed the other two and the exsits where near). Trapper 5 traps luck game and obscure traps add on. Basement luckly counts it to me when I hook one, even if I hook him fast immideatly after the other in basemant was saved. The grab gen I have won the game already when a gently smart ramdom surv decide to follow me to the gen and understand I want to do the challange with mayers zero terror radius. Now I have the surv ones, and I hope tomorrow they will fix it good, so it is not more a question of luck. Because today I was luck with the grab Challenge that can possbly took me way an eternity to do it, but I want to play and do Challenges easly, going to peep, not became crazy and loose peep with random near impossible challanges.

  • 2 sacrifices during egc with Noed shouldn't be too difficult. If you have noed, just down 2 people, open the gate, then hook them.

  • "We've heard you loud and clear: We will be adjusting the difficulty of some challenges in Level 3 of the Tome. Keep an eye out tomorrow for full details!"

    Curious to see what they're going to do.