Raising survivor BP gains has made me want to play the game less.

I was a killer main, but have been shifting to survivor because there's less stress and earning the same BPs isn't that hard. Well, one incentive to playing killer is that it's easier to get stacks for BBQ than it is WGLF, but that will change with 3.4.0.

Don't get me wrong, I don't necessarily want survivors to lose their new BP gains. But I guess my problem is that I don't really enjoy playing survivor, so I ultimately go back to playing killer. Only to be discouraged by the times that I am earning less BPs than survivors, even though (after playing a lot of survivor) I know I am working harder than they are. Playing killer sorta feels like being punished at times. That's a bit dramatic, but that's how it feels, heh.

Lately, I find myself turning the game on, staring at the screen while I think about this very thing for a minute, then turn it off.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • How about playing the game for fun instead of forcing yourself to play the role you enjoy less just because of BP gain?

    In your case it sounds like you need a break tbh.

  • @Mert_MK said:

    How about playing the game for fun instead of forcing yourself to play the role you enjoy less just because of BP gain?

    In your case it sounds like you need a break tbh.

    I have some sympathy for him. It is difficult to have fun playing when you get stomped and meme'd on a few games in a row.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/868950#Comment_868950

    I have some sympathy for him. It is difficult to have fun playing when you get stomped and meme'd on a few games in a row.

    Low hanging fruit. Good job.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/868950#Comment_868950

    I have some sympathy for him. It is difficult to have fun playing when you get stomped and meme'd on a few games in a row.

    I was gonna edit my post to add how stupid that actually sounded. Sometimes it's really hard to have fun in this game on both sides.

  • Survivors still get less points then me when I play killer. Other people doing well shouldn’t be your concern. I like getting a four kill match and seeing everyone getting 15 - 20k each.

    Survivors getting less points was a deterrent from playing. I’m glad more players want to play survivor again instead of long queues and I’m not bothered at all that they do well or meme.

  • Weird, when I want bloodpoints, I equip BBQ and play as killer. What do you mean bbq will change?

  • Taking a break from DBD is not a bad thing.

    I am at the point where I can only play for 1 hour at a time regardless of the role I am playing.

  • @asergioam said:

    Weird, when I want bloodpoints, I equip BBQ and play as killer. What do you mean bbq will change?

    I said, "Well, one incentive to playing killer is that it's easier to get stacks for BBQ than it is WGLF, but that will change with 3.4.0."

    I'm trying to imply that it will no longer be easier to get stacks for BBQ than WGLF, it should be about equal. Which isn't a bad thing, necessarily.

    Basically, after 3.4.0 hits, it should be easier to get more BPs as survivor than killer. Mostly because you don't have to stay in the match the whole time.

  • @Mtom912 said:

    Im pretty sure if survivors are getting more bloodpoints than you, it’s likely because you’re getting bodied by them, and I don’t know why you’d expect a lot of bloodpoints if you’re playing poorly, tbh imo it’s really not hard to get a lot of bloodpoints as killer each game

    I don't have a hard time earning bloodpoints. I average about 25k a game, but there are times where I don't score that much, like as the doctor, the hag, or some other base movement speed killer.

    I don't have a problem with survivors earning more BPs than they used to, I just find it discouraging when killer is a lot harder, but the game doesn't seem to reward you as such. It's apparent that survivors earn BPs at a rate faster than killer, and for less work. I just wanted to talk about why that is discouraging, I guess.

  • @yermom said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/868972#Comment_868972

    I said, "Well, one incentive to playing killer is that it's easier to get stacks for BBQ than it is WGLF, but that will change with 3.4.0."

    I'm trying to imply that it will no longer be easier to get stacks for BBQ than WGLF, it should be about equal. Which isn't a bad thing, necessarily.

    Basically, after 3.4.0 hits, it should be easier to get more BPs as survivor than killer. Mostly because you don't have to stay in the match the whole time.

    Yes, I understood what you said. I'm just asking what will change in next patch to make survivors win more bloodpoints. I really have no idea what they will change in WGLF to give even more bloodpoints! Will they change it back to it's original form?

  • Ahahaha. Grow a backbone.

  • @yermom said:

    I was a killer main, but have been shifting to survivor because there's less stress and earning the same BPs isn't that hard. Well, one incentive to playing killer is that it's easier to get stacks for BBQ than it is WGLF, but that will change with 3.4.0.

    Don't get me wrong, I don't necessarily want survivors to lose their new BP gains. But I guess my problem is that I don't really enjoy playing survivor, so I ultimately go back to playing killer. Only to be discouraged by the times that I am earning less BPs than survivors, even though (after playing a lot of survivor) I know I am working harder than they are. Playing killer sorta feels like being punished at times. That's a bit dramatic, but that's how it feels, heh.

    Lately, I find myself turning the game on, staring at the screen while I think about this very thing for a minute, then turn it off.

    but-did-you-die-feat-1-620x350.jpg


  • I'm a survivor main but I play a lot of killer too. Killer still earns WAY more BP than survivors on average. I could play without BBQ and I'll be at 1 million BP in no time. Been doing the 200k BP challenge in the Rift playing mostly as survivor and it took forever to do. I woulda had that in like 6 games as killer.

  • @yermom said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/868993#Comment_868993

    I don't have a hard time earning bloodpoints. I average about 25k a game, but there are times where I don't score that much, like as the doctor, the hag, or some other base movement speed killer.

    I don't have a problem with survivors earning more BPs than they used to, I just find it discouraging when killer is a lot harder, but the game doesn't seem to reward you as such. It's apparent that survivors earn BPs at a rate faster than killer, and for less work. I just wanted to talk about why that is discouraging, I guess.

    I feel the same, I still play killer but it is so unrewarding for the effort and stress that I play more survivor than I ever have, especially since there are so few killer challenges and so many survivor challenges in the latest Tome.

    I can switch my brain off, die and still rank up with as many bloodpoints as playing killer.

    The only downside is the survivor queues are ridiculously long on PS4 in the UK instead of the instant killer lobbies, I can only guess other players are doing the same in my region and format.

  • Wow, this is new.

    Personally i don't care what they make, i can only use what i earn, so i care about that.

    That comment's probably gonna be of no help to you, but idk how i can help you with this.

  • @Steel_Eyed said:

    Survivors still get less points then me when I play killer. Other people doing well shouldn’t be your concern. I like getting a four kill match and seeing everyone getting 15 - 20k each.

    Survivors getting less points was a deterrent from playing. I’m glad more players want to play survivor again instead of long queues and I’m not bothered at all that they do well or meme.

    Thing is, survivors are already seen as deities, having more of them means more complaining for killer nerfs. On top of the already constant bitching about NOED and other perks. It's not that I hate survivors, I hate the ones that ######### that killers are too powerful when they've played killer for maybe a day total, and stopped playing because they got stomped once they got past rank 20, and still complain killers need nerfs.

  • Yo, what matches have you had where Surv’s get near equal amounts of BP as Killers do because I want in lol. Every single game I’ve played, even when I double pip and max out every single BP category and the Killer gets a 3k or 4k I always, ALWAYS get less BP than the Killer by at least 7-8k BP.

    Of course if the Killer gets 1k or 0k I get more but not that much more, especially if the Killer got several hits off and was in chases long enough. BP distribution is in no way equal, I don’t know what the hell lucky matches you’re getting lol.

  • @yermom said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/868993#Comment_868993

    I don't have a hard time earning bloodpoints. I average about 25k a game, but there are times where I don't score that much, like as the doctor, the hag, or some other base movement speed killer.

    I don't have a problem with survivors earning more BPs than they used to, I just find it discouraging when killer is a lot harder, but the game doesn't seem to reward you as such. It's apparent that survivors earn BPs at a rate faster than killer, and for less work. I just wanted to talk about why that is discouraging, I guess.

    How come? Doctor is a farming machine, is super easy to get near 30k in almost every match.

  • Raising survivor BP gains would incentivize me personally to play a lot more survivor

  • You should play the game to have fun. It doesn't seem like you enjoy playing the game as much as you enjoy earning bloodpoints.

    I played like that for too long. Only playing killer because I could get so much more bp and even on survivor, I always used wglf because I felt like I wasn't being efficient playing survivor without it.

    At some point I realized I was playing killer when I wasn't even having fun doing so. It took some time but now, the only reason I even spend bloodpoints is because I'm about to hit the limit. I don't think how much I made in a match I just try to have fun.

    Of course, if you're new, bloodpoints might be a big thing but you still gotta enjoy the game. If you're not enjoying it, take a break and come back in a few days. That always works for me.

  • @yermom said:

    I was a killer main, but have been shifting to survivor because there's less stress and earning the same BPs isn't that hard. Well, one incentive to playing killer is that it's easier to get stacks for BBQ than it is WGLF, but that will change with 3.4.0.

    Don't get me wrong, I don't necessarily want survivors to lose their new BP gains. But I guess my problem is that I don't really enjoy playing survivor, so I ultimately go back to playing killer. Only to be discouraged by the times that I am earning less BPs than survivors, even though (after playing a lot of survivor) I know I am working harder than they are. Playing killer sorta feels like being punished at times. That's a bit dramatic, but that's how it feels, heh.

    Lately, I find myself turning the game on, staring at the screen while I think about this very thing for a minute, then turn it off.

    Theres literally nothing in those patch notes that say they're getting more blood points though 😢