The new stats said a couple surprising things..and it said a lot

So..I wanted to talk about two things the stats said to me based off the red rank statistics..


First up the demogorgan..for reasons I've never been sure of, hes been very low on pick rate even when he first released, but I hadent realized he was somehow performing so poorly despite having an instant pallet break, a teleport, and a lunge that has some very good uses at certain tiles, although at averagectiles he cant even use his shred due to their circular shape..that combined with his increased lunge fatigue may have turned players off of him..hopefully he gets some little tweaks if this is the case..his foundation is good..hes just unable to use his power the way he should sometimes i suppose


Secondly the nurse..i had heard she was very rare even on PC now..and now i know it to be true..nurses previous pick rate was twenty percent at red ranks...now the freddy rework may have dipped it dlightly..new viable killer..after all..who expected FREDDY to end up viable amiright? But now her pick rate has dropped to 4 percent..that's more than a 75 percent drop in her play rate..and shes being out performed by everyone except clown and the demogorgan..beat out by the WRAITH..in red ranks!..yet..despite all this..the devs dont seem to want to respond to the majoritively negative feedback surrounding her changes..their mistake imo was to try just hammering out the overly strong addons..and see where she went. That is how you be fair to both sides..that's called compromise..besides..her addon changes were one of the few things I've seen the entire community actually agree on..but then since the ptb...no respected nurse player has had much positive to say about it..hopefully the devs respond sooner or later..last time I saw this was with plague and they stayed silent for months..so what did the stats tell you guys? Thank gor reading and good evening

Comments

  • Yes, they basically killed all interest in Nurse.


    Not cuz she isn't viable, she is very powerful still but she's boring. 50/50 players like me I've seen are sometimes Nurse sided but Survivor exclusive players are LOVING it.

  • @CrowFoxy said:

    Yes, they basically killed all interest in Nurse.

    Not cuz she isn't viable, she is very powerful still but she's boring. 50/50 players like me I've seen are sometimes Nurse sided but Survivor exclusive players are LOVING it.

    That they are..and it's very obvious in the way they respond to nurse feedback posts..the lack of even attempting to seem impartial is honestly disheartening

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/867592#Comment_867592

    That they are..and it's very obvious in the way they respond to nurse feedback posts..the lack of even attempting to seem impartial is honestly disheartening

    BHVR has been anything but impartial throughout the history of this game. While I feel they are getting better; it still comes with lots of strange logic and wanting the majority to be the ones to have fun over the cost of the minorities fun.

  • I knew the kill rates were a lot higher than 50%. My own Spirit gets about 4k in most of my games. It has become so frequent that I had to remind myself that 4k is not what the game is balanced around.


    Although I sometimes feel salty that I don't get 4k. I guess that's why there are so many killer complaints on the forums despite killers overperforming across the board.

  • @Vetrathene said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/867597#Comment_867597

    BHVR has been anything but impartial throughout the history of this game. While I feel they are getting better; it still comes with lots of strange logic and wanting the majority to be the ones to have fun over the cost of the minorities fun.

    Odd considering nurse was a large portion of killers for a while

  • @ColgateAdvancedWhite said:

    I knew the kill rates were a lot higher than 50%. My own Spirit gets about 4k in most of my games. It has become so frequent that I had to remind myself that 4k is not what the game is balanced around.

    Although I sometimes feel salty that I don't get 4k. I guess that's why there are so many killer complaints on the forums despite killers overperforming across the board.

    None of the Killers are overperforming, they are all within the 2K/2E design.

  • @ColgateAdvancedWhite said:

    I knew the kill rates were a lot higher than 50%. My own Spirit gets about 4k in most of my games. It has become so frequent that I had to remind myself that 4k is not what the game is balanced around.

    Although I sometimes feel salty that I don't get 4k. I guess that's why there are so many killer complaints on the forums despite killers overperforming across the board.

    For me at least, the frustration is more to do with both SWF and easy means of running the killer around that are fun for the survivor but not so much for myself. Especially being around before they reduced the hit boxes of survivors. The only loops there where, where on infinites. And while those sucks, they weren't all over the map. Pallets where also more forgiving to killers and survivors died quicker on hooks. While it did have a lot of suckiness, there was also a lot of good for killers that I miss.

  • @ColgateAdvancedWhite said:

    I knew the kill rates were a lot higher than 50%. My own Spirit gets about 4k in most of my games. It has become so frequent that I had to remind myself that 4k is not what the game is balanced around.

    Although I sometimes feel salty that I don't get 4k. I guess that's why there are so many killer complaints on the forums despite killers overperforming across the board.

    Only theres proof that none of them really are..if a killer was over performing than no other killers would be played..its just how many people are..the majority of killers are quite weak..bluntly put the killer players skill is the reason the kill rates are as they are..but take wraith against a good team and you'll see the real state of the game

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/867613#Comment_867613

    Odd considering nurse was a large portion of killers for a while

    Impossible to really say, as the data we have only goes back three months. When I played survivor I don't honestly remember running into that many Nurse's. Trappers and Billys yes.

  • @Vetrathene said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/867627#Comment_867627

    Impossible to really say, as the data we have only goes back three months. When I played survivor I don't honestly remember running into that many Nurse's. Trappers and Billys yes.

    Well..I've seen on yt at least..only about two videos of nurse since her ptb..and rumor is that nurse is almost as rare on PC as on console these days..the stats seem to support this claim

  • Are we looking at the same stats? The latest november stats are here:

    @Peanits said:

    Stats are back at last! We've taken some time to gather some data and make some fancy graphs for your viewing pleasure. Be sure to let us know if you'd like to see more regular stat releases in the future! Since it has been a while since we last shared stats, these graphs show data from the past three months unless otherwise stated. Please keep in mind that numbers are not everything; there are a whole bunch of factors that could influence these numbers.

    Note: If you're having trouble viewing the charts, clicking on them will open a larger version.

    Killer power vs. popularity

    Starting off with how frequently killers are played compared to how well they tend to do on average. A 50% kill rate would be the equivalent of two survivors dying and two survivors escaping.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/230/KSPIKOCTC8RD.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/910/6KD3I8P3L1V9.png

    Maps

    We went ahead and checked which three maps are safest and which three are the most dangerous.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/275/ZYOLAR28JADQ.png

    Mid-chapter 3.3.0: Outcome

    The Nurse was changed in the last mid-chapter patch, and we've been keeping an eye on her performance since then. Below, we've listed her performance on PC before and after the changes, both in all ranks and in red ranks. Like the charts above, the numbers shown here are her kill rates (where 50% means two survivors escape and two die).

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/864/BDOZ0GYZMPZW.png


    In all ranks, killers are around 60% to 65% kill rates (with outliers), which is above 50%.


    In red ranks, killers are around 70% to 75% kill rates (also with outliers), which is also above 50%.


    While I do play killer myself, everybody has to realise that such high kill rates is not fun for everybody, even though it sure feels good to get 4k

  • @ColgateAdvancedWhite said:

    Are we looking at the same stats? The latest november stats are here:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/106566/stats-november-2019

    In all ranks, killers are around 60% to 65% kill rates (with outliers), which is above 50%.

    In red ranks, killers are around 70% to 75% kill rates (also with outliers), which is also above 50%.

    While I do play killer myself, everybody has to realise that such high kill rates is not fun for everybody, even though it sure feels good to get 4k

    We are..but we also play the game and we know those stats look good but the reality Is..wraith is not more powerful than demogorgan...

  • They need to make Nurse more fun and responsive to play. There's no point in mastering into a now mediocre killer.

  • @akbays35 said:

    They need to make Nurse more fun and responsive to play. There's no point in mastering into a now mediocre killer.

    They should have tested just changing her addons...stacking two cooldowns was just way overkill