New "Hardcore" mode

I'd love to have a mode where these rules applied:

  • You can only choose your loadout before entering a lobby (no last second changes for both killers and survivors), not even change characters
  • 4 hooks for death hook and 6 gens to repair out of 8 (EDIT: forget about this part if you feel like it)
  • Moris only apply instead of Death Hook, no keys allowed
  • Only purple and red ranks have the right to enter (EDIT: maybe green to red?)
  • 200% BP for everyone every match
  • DC = 1 day ban from this mode
  • SWF can enter this mode

What do you guys think?

Comments

  • @Carlosylu said:

    I'd love to have a mode where these rules applied:

    • You can only choose your loadout before entering a lobby (no last second changes for both killers and survivors), not even change characters
    • 4 hooks for death hook and 6 gens to repair out of 8
    • Moris only apply instead of Death Hook, no keys allowed
    • Only purple and red ranks have the right to enter (EDIT: maybe green to red?)
    • 200% BP for everyone every match
    • DC = 1 day ban from this mode
    • SWF can enter this mode

    What do you guys think?

    Initial thought is that it will be very boring having to camp out an extra hook stage.

  • 4 extra hooks for just 1 gen?

    Yeah, no.

  • Wow that dc punishment is harsh maybe reduce it to 3-5 dc= day ban

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    4 extra hooks for just 1 gen?

    Yeah, no.

    Lol, scaredy cat... I'm a killer main excited for this kind of challenges

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    4 extra hooks for just 1 gen?

    Yeah, no.

    My thoughts exactly

  • @MysticAdvisor said:

    Wow that dc punishment is harsh maybe reduce it to 3-5 dc= day ban

    I'd like a mode for hadcore players, which implies no DCers, that's why I wrote that rule

  • @Carlosylu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/865972#Comment_865972

    I'd like a mode for hadcore players, which implies no DCers, that's why I wrote that rule

    What if their is a technical issue?

  • You mean they didn't click on the "leave match" option?

  • Honestly I feel mori should be base game when you are due for the last hook, and they should remove Mori offerings from the game entirely. Like mori's are slow and take almost the same time as just hooking them. I mean they ARE a killer and it makes sense they might...disagree..with the entity and steal from it basically; and thus get much less blood points.

    With a DC you also have to allow at least one as a buffer, with just a small time lockout because stuff does happen, if someone has a genuine emergency they prolly shouldn't get genuinely banned even for a day and even in a hardcore mode.... as long as they don't reconnect asap and do it again that day.

    Also and most importantly; matchmaking right now is a real problem, with extreme wait times as is, I don't know if pulling a large portion of players away from it is a good idea as this stage of the game's life.

  • @Carlosylu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/865990#Comment_865990

    You mean they didn't click on the "leave match" option?

    Yeah like sucky internet maybe make it 2 dc’s.

    Then your banned from the mode for 1 day

  • Hardcore mode is no mither

  • A no hud mode would also be really good

  • @Carlosylu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/865990#Comment_865990

    You mean they didn't click on the "leave match" option?

    I just had a game last night where at the "end game screen" nothing popped up and instead my killer was just running endlessly in the fog as I waited for the score screen...nothing ever came. I was forced to close application and restart the game only to find out it counted as a DC. Until we have stable servers or the ability to separate these types of DCs I think a 1 day lockout would be harsh for a game mode.

    Edit: Didn't want it to sound like I was just hating on you. I would love to have a hardcore/casual play split (assuming the player base and queue times could handle it) and I'm not against your idea, even if I don't agree with the balance/DC "1 day" thing.

  • I think the issue is that players would still be able to enter with good perks. That's not really hardcore mode.

    Hardcore mode would be absolutely no early warning type perks like Spine Chill. In addition hardcore mode would be limited to the three unique perks on each survivor. That way the killer would know looking at the characters what perks they might have.

    Same applies for killers, only the three unique perks they start with. So if they are not using Leatherface they dont get to use BBQ and Chilli and so on.

    No items.

    No offerings.

    Open to anyone. Not just lower ranks.

  • @Carlosylu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/865964#Comment_865964

    Lol, scaredy cat... I'm a killer main excited for this kind of challenges

    yeah, with these suggestions you already stated you were a killer main without having to throw that tid bit out there. Mori's but no keys Lol...

    No to all of it except the not being able to switch loadouts after you enter the lobby. Even the 200% BP is killer sided, because you can earn 32k max pts as killer MUCH easier than you can as survivor. Throw in BBQ and a Pudding/Streamers and lol farm.

    The extra gen/hooks won't work. You won't earn any points for them. The dev would have to edit the bloodpoint amounts(again), or raise the max BP category ceiling.

  • @terumisan said:

    Hardcore mode is no mither

    And for killer...?

  • No gen slowing perks as legion or just legion in general

  • @projecteulogy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/865973#Comment_865973

    yeah, with these suggestions you already stated you were a killer main without having to throw that tid bit out there. Mori's but no keys Lol...

    No to all of it except the not being able to switch loadouts after you enter the lobby. Even the 200% BP is killer sided, because you can earn 32k max pts as killer MUCH easier than you can as survivor. Throw in BBQ and a Pudding/Streamers and lol farm.

    The extra gen/hooks won't work. You won't earn any points for them. The dev would have to edit the bloodpoint amounts(again), or raise the max BP category ceiling.

    No keys vs Mori ON DEATH HOOK, I'd love to play this as survivor too, don't get me wrong. I thought that was balanced.

    I call myself a killer main cause I enjoy way more being killer, but I do get to red ranks with both every month so...

  • @terumisan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/866058#Comment_866058

    No gen slowing perks as legion or just legion in general

    LMAO, you've seen the new stats?

  • @Revansith said:

    I think the issue is that players would still be able to enter with good perks. That's not really hardcore mode.

    Hardcore mode would be absolutely no early warning type perks like Spine Chill. In addition hardcore mode would be limited to the three unique perks on each survivor. That way the killer would know looking at the characters what perks they might have.

    Same applies for killers, only the three unique perks they start with. So if they are not using Leatherface they dont get to use BBQ and Chilli and so on.

    No items.

    No offerings.

    Open to anyone. Not just lower ranks.

    Could be cool if they had all the perks available and each survivor took turns picking 1 perk at a time until everything was selected. (still only 4 perks per person but you choose 1 perk then player 2 chooses then player 3 etc until everyone has 4)

    No duplicate perks in the match and you will need to sort of work out who should take what.


  • @Carlosylu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/866044#Comment_866044

    No keys vs Mori ON DEATH HOOK, I'd love to play this as survivor too, don't get me wrong. I thought that was balanced.

    I call myself a killer main cause I enjoy way more being killer, but I do get to red ranks with both every month so...

    Ok. So now they have to code another struggle stage? Or just be bland and copy the 2nd stage struggle mode for the third?

    I don't understand why no keys but you can still mori. doesn't matter the condition required. Keys and Mori's balanced by each other. Key = Escape, Mori = Death. You want hardmode, remove both of them all together. But alas, there are perks that allow Moris(DH/Rancor), versus no perks to allow a key-like action.

  • @MegaWaffle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/866015#Comment_866015

    Could be cool if they had all the perks available and each survivor took turns picking 1 perk at a time until everything was selected. (still only 4 perks per person but you choose 1 perk then player 2 chooses then player 3 etc until everyone has 4)

    No duplicate perks in the match and you will need to sort of work out who should take what.

    I do think forcing an adept build might go some way to making the matches more challenging. Killers can eventually get some pretty wicked builds with the perks from different killers. This would make a player use just what the individual killer has available.

  • Legion is the 4th lowest kill rate killer,

    1.- Clown

    2.- Demogorgon

    3.- Huntress

    4.- Legion

  • @Carlosylu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/866092#Comment_866092

    Legion is the 4th lowest kill rate killer,

    1.- Clown

    2.- Demogorgon

    3.- Huntress

    4.- Legion

    K clown is hardcore mode

  • @Carlosylu said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/407/HQPSGPNBDDJ8.png

    We can see in this graph that the Trapper is the most played character which might be because of the Archives and Rift which makes you have to use him, but as this graph doesn't have a date of the study this is just mere speculation.

    Every killer except the Nurse has an average kill rate above 50%, this doesn't mean the Nurse Nerf got her useless but much more lets us see how she isn't played much maybe cause of how hard she is to use in consoles and the learning curve for her on PC (she's in a low pick rate). It would be interesting to know how she's doing for players with lots of hours of gameplay.

    Yes.. Freddy has a higher kill rate than Spirit and Hill Billie... Don't you dare start survivors...

    Funny thing, the Demogorgon has a lower kill rate than the Clown and from this we can also see that the Demo, Huntress and Clown are the lowest kill rates of them all, but nobody uses the clown, followed by Demo, then Huntress in Pick Rates. I'M NOT MENTIONING THE NURSE HERE cause I adressed her in the previous paragraph.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/543/ZEC901BYLZ6Q.png

    Now, for red ranks, whyle the most picked killer is Spirit (maybe due to the nerf she was gonna get, you know, "play as her before she dies") the highest kill rate belongs to lord Freddy, followed by Spirit and Billie, so, yes, they are the three best picks for owning survivors at red ranks.

    Every killer has a kill rate average above 60%, Clown, Demo, Nurse and Huntress being the lowest of them followed by Legion. Funny thing is how Huntress is one of the most picked killers, I guess she's fun to play as even if her kill rate is not that good.

    The least picked killer is Hag, even when her kill rate is the 4th best of them all, I guess it's not fun to feel as a midget killer, lol, just kidding...

    Everybody complaining about Bubba and legion, well, he's not on the lowest three, he's the fourth.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/486/13TUVPBP0O7N.png

    Yes, indoors give the match to killers more that wide open maps, but as you can see the maps are practically the same, if the lowest kill rate is 53.99 and the highest is 69.48%, that means the difference between the lowest kill rate map to the highest one is barelly 15.49%, translated to deaths, a 100% means 4k, so, the lowest kill rate map has 2.16k average, whyle the highest has a 2.78k average

    IMPORTANT: I believe that the fact that we don't have a graph per platform gives us somehow a subjective point of view, for example, I'm pretty sure the most brutal killer from PC is a good nurse, but the stats are being affected by console players. I could give more examples, ask for them if you want.

    Now, if you wanna correct me in something or add something, PLEASE DO, I can edit the post to make everyone understand it better with your help guys.

    Hope this is interesting for someone.

    @terumisan Here is a post I made explaining the new stats dude, hope it's interesting for you. Just click the link