Why do survivors dislike NOED?

As someone who plays both roles, I have no issue with ''No One Escapes Death''. Sure, it's not particularly fun to play against, but if it does come into play, then it's entirely the survivors fault!

However, many survivors post-game give me a lot of slack for using this perk, despite running Decisive Strike, Adrenaline & other top tier survivor perks which could arguably be even more frustrating to play against. In fact, the survivor equivalent to NOED is ''Adrenaline'', which has no counter-play available to every killer, yet NOED does!

I often use NOED to punish survivors who rush generators and decide to not leave once the gates are open and want to be cheeky & annoying. Many people call NOED a perk which is for ''bad killers''. However, they ignore the fact that the correspondent killer is playing with 3 perks for the rest of the game and may not even have the chance to use it if the Survivors cleanse totems.

To me, people seem to dislike ''No One Escapes Death'' due to its power punishing gen rushing, along with any decision to stay in the end game.

Thoughts?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Noed isn't really a problem, but many people don't like just losing only because a killer chose to use a specific perk. Although doing totems is usually not that hard

  • @Karl_Childers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/864588#Comment_864588

    Or maybe because almost every killer is averaging between a 55-70% kill rate (and 60-75% at red rank), survivors don’t feel they have the time to do all the totems 🤔

    I have 2 issues with NOED. One being no requirement for the killer, so a camping killer can get it to proc every time due to survivors having to gen rush to counter the camping. Expecting survivors to cleanse dulls against a camping killer is absurd. “Just do gens” is the response every time someone complains about camping. Never once have I seen “just do gens and dull totems”. Two, is when a competent killer uses it. Luckily, most good killers know it’s bs and don’t run it....but if they wanted to, it would be ridiculous.

    I could make the same arguments about the hatch.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/867301#Comment_867301

    Point #2 is referring to 4 survivors healing via Adrenaline in that scenario.

    Well I don't really know what to say when that happens. I mean I don't see it being different to when a killer starts slugging everyone.

    When a killer starts slugging everyone and leave on person alive, there is hardly anything they can do. The same goes for when all suriviors are fully heal against an m1 killer. So I guess it's balance when you look at two of the most annoying and boring things both side can do.

    Once again, I don't really know what exactly you want me to say or what you are trying to refer with that statement.

  • I could probably count on 1 hand the number of times I've used NOED, but by no means is it broken. In fact it's one of the more balanced perks.

    It's the only perk that counters gen rush (that I can think of), AND it can be countered by just doing totems... In other words, it doesn't reward the killer for failing, it punishes the survivors for rushing gens and not cleansing totems.

    Also, a totem counter is a terrible idea, it would both kill NOED and also slow down gen speed considerably as people would actively look for totems instead of doing gens.

    I'm a survivor main btw (although I have a lot of time in killer also)

  • @sluc16 said:

    I agree with most of what you say except adrenaline being the equivalent of NoED.

    They are not similar at all, for NoED you can just sit there doing nothing and you will get it at the end, for adrenaline you have to fix 5 gens to get it, and is just a one time use, with NoEd you can down all 4 survivor.

    But for the rest of your post we are on the same page.

    What do you mean it's not the same? Literally, all you have to do is BE ALIVE when the last gen pops and you still get it. You don't even have to touch a gen all game in order to get it. It is absolutely the same as NOED, except even more "unfair" since the killer can do nothing to counter it.

  • To everyone saying NOED "rewards the killer for failing their objective": completing gens and opening the gates is not the objective for survivors. ESCAPING is the objective for survivors. Preventing the gens from being done and keeping the gates closed is not the objective for killers. KILLING THE SURVIVORS is the objective for killers.

    If you get hit by NOED after the gens pop and you were just about to escape? Congratulations, you failed your objective and the killer completed theirs (assuming they got the other survivors). That's how it works. Now if you wanna talk pips, that's a whole 'nother story.

  • I didn’t say every survivor is like this, I said most. And it’s true.

  • @StrodeWins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/867659#Comment_867659

    haha. but no. i’m hoping for a future change where killer will have to work for it-like MoM. fair enough!

    I found that and thought it be a fun way to say it and this community really needs more fun and less toxicity lol

  • As a killer player, i generally dislike the perk because of how easily it can be deactivated if people just take out my totems. Only time i've tried really using it is for the recent endgame collapse mission. However, I can kinda see why, because NoED is almost in the same lane as DS where it's a cop out skill. Sure you 100% can't counter DS (You technically can counter this perk by not camping or tunneling off hook though), but it's the idea of a second chance perk. You failed to stop the survivors before the gates were completely open and now have a movement speed increased 1 shot ability. People don't like DS because it's a second chance perk. You get to get away for free, NoED is a second chance perk, where you get downs for free. It's the same concept. Only one is weaker overall because it actually has counterplay. Even once it activates, any smart survivor though, that's willing to help will look for the totem and destroy it THEN go help their teammate...assuming they didn't bumrush the gate and open it. Then they limit their time. It's overall as sweaty as DS. The problem with both these perks are they're essentially useless if the right requirements are met. DS is don't play like a butthole (only time I see it being really used is the very endgame where they just got off the hook, you down them, and then go to put them back and they get away free) if not, it makes DS a wasted skill slot. NoED is the same, survivors do objective B which is totems, it's a basically useless perk.

  • The match isn't over until all survivors leave through the exit gates or get sacrificed. NOED is specifically made for this last stage of the game. You sacrifice 1 perk slot for the majority of the match in exchange for a boost in power during the exit gate stage of the match.

  • @tylerlogsdon1 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/867695#Comment_867695

    Where are there inaccessible totems though? Don't think I've encountered that in over a year of playing

    Not sure why, but they spawn in little nooks and crannies that we can't get to. I ran into a few during the chapter 1 challenges.

  • @CrispyChestnuts said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/867743#Comment_867743

    Not sure why, but they spawn in little nooks and crannies that we can't get to. I ran into a few during the chapter 1 challenges.

    Yeah I've seen ones that you have to stand in a particular spot, but never one that can't be accessed. Have an example?

  • @tylerlogsdon1 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/871017#Comment_871017

    Yeah I've seen ones that you have to stand in a particular spot, but never one that can't be accessed. Have an example?

    I remember the first one I bumped into was on spirit's map, Nancy and I were both just going nuts trying to get at it

  • Honestly I think noed is a pretty bad perk anyway. I've had to play with some pretty awful builds while I've been levelling all my killers up that I never used to play, meaning I've had a bunch of games with noed and whatever build I could throw together from limited perks, and it only activated once out of maybe five or six games. Then I got some better perks and didn't use it anymore.

    Maybe it is just me, but I genuinely do not rate it at all from a killer perspective. As survivor it's annoying because it makes endgame altruism suicidal.

  • @Reyla said:

    Honestly I think noed is a pretty bad perk anyway. I've had to play with some pretty awful builds while I've been levelling all my killers up that I never used to play, meaning I've had a bunch of games with noed and whatever build I could throw together from limited perks, and it only activated once out of maybe five or six games. Then I got some better perks and didn't use it anymore.

    Maybe it is just me, but I genuinely do not rate it at all from a killer perspective. As survivor it's annoying because it makes endgame altruism suicidal.

    Noed is completely useless if you're an efficient killer, totally agree.

1 2 3 4 ›