Not really. I know I play Claudette, but I don't play immersed at all.
The most stealthy I'll get is slipping into a locker for BBQ (or because the killer would pass by me) or tip-toeing around an object to stay out of direct line of sight.
Killers have a polethera of tracking abilities. Hearing breathing, scratch marks, lots of aura reading perks and then some. I usually find fog hindering me more than helping me, especially if it's a stealth killer like Ghost Face or Wraith who can use the fog to get in very close even in open areas.
it blinds me and I can't sot survivors from far, even if I'm being stealthy
I use them as ghostface, it makes it harder for survivors to see you creeping around corners plus if a survivor sees me stalking they reveal their position anyways so fog doesn't really benefit them.
I have a bunch of these. I guess my question is as a survivor, what's is their usefulness?
So Fog offerings are a double edged sword, if the Fog is thicker it is harder for you and the Killer to see each other, mostly harder for the Killer. If you lessen the Fog then it's easier to see the Killer and any traps they put down.
The only offerings I ever burn are the bloodpoint ones, map offerings, and the occasional hook offering. The only time I ever use these offerings as killer is if I'm playing a stealth killer.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Fog is a survivor offering that bugs out and shows up on killer webs.
it blinds me and I can't sot survivors from far, even if I'm being stealthy
I use them as ghostface, it makes it harder for survivors to see you creeping around corners plus if a survivor sees me stalking they reveal their position anyways so fog doesn't really benefit them.
I use them as trapper. It really freaks people out. Especially if I run tar bottle.
I have a bunch of these. I guess my question is as a survivor, what's is their usefulness?
I've been playing Adam recently and I enjoy using these since I really like his default white coat, it kind of helps.
So Fog offerings are a double edged sword, if the Fog is thicker it is harder for you and the Killer to see each other, mostly harder for the Killer. If you lessen the Fog then it's easier to see the Killer and any traps they put down.
I only really use it if I'm playing wraith pig or trapper.
On certain Maps the fog can obscure my traps.
It also helps me sneak up on people as wraith or Amanda a lot easier
Outside of that I have no real intention of making the fog any thicker
I don't dislike them, but every type of Bloodpoint Offering i have is burned before i use a Mist Offering, meaning i practically never use them.
But they're good to help hide my shimmer more, very good combined with corn too since i have no troubles personally to see through both.
Why should I make my life harder as it already is? These offerings only benefits survivors.
The only offerings I ever burn are the bloodpoint ones, map offerings, and the occasional hook offering. The only time I ever use these offerings as killer is if I'm playing a stealth killer.