Why? And no, please dont nerf that add on, but at least reconsider what you are changing prayer beads (and yakuoke amulet) to do. The current proposed change to both is literally trash.😑
Me nailing hatchet throws against your teammate isnt likely to have an effect on YOU when its time I chase YOU for example. Me getting stalk off your teammate however is likely to result in a MUCH shorter chase when I pop that 99% stalk off on you afterward. This is a rare instance where your teammates chase affects YOUR chase outside of just things like wasting pallets.
That isn't really what I'm referring to, though. I'm talking more, like, Survivor going to unhook someone without BT with Leatherface still within spitting distance.
That isn't really what I'm referring to, though. I'm talking more, like, Survivor going to unhook someone without BT with Leatherface still within spitting distance.
Yes, your teammates can straight up sandbag you with ANY killer, lol. Assuming thats not the case though, Myers is one of the only killers that can make use of one chase to bolster the next chase against a completely different survivor. You could make a similar argument about Plague and Oni atm. Im not saying thats OP or anything, just that its annoying to know your chase was cut short because of the stalk they gained from the guy before you.
Yes, your teammates can straight up sandbag you with ANY killer, lol. Assuming thats not the case though, Myers is one of the only killers that can make use of one chase to bolster the next chase against a completely different survivor. You could make a similar argument about Plague and Oni atm. Im not saying thats OP or anything, just that its annoying to know your chase was cut short because of the stalk they gained from the guy before you.
The thing is that when a Survivor is potato enough to feed Fragrant Tuft Myers enough to screw over your team, that is far more an issue of "potato screwed over their team" than "the add-on unfairly punishes people for mistakes someone else made".
The thing is that when a Survivor is potato enough to feed Fragrant Tuft Myers enough to screw over your team, that is far more an issue of "potato screwed over their team" than "the add-on unfairly punishes people for mistakes someone else made".
Im not disagreeing with you. From an individual perspective though, you still get the feeling of "I died because of THAT guy" no matter if Myers uses Tuft of hair or just 99% off a teammate. Against a Ghostface, you rely on your individual skill in a chase while against a Myers, your teammate being a potato can directly affect YOU. Not saying anything about balance, just that you can feel cheated out of half of your chase time because the last guy Myers chased fed too much.
I think @thesuicidefox 's issue is that its on a team lvl instead of an individual one. Against other killers, you as an individual can counter their powers. Against Myers, If one of your teammates doesnt counter it, you could be the one paying for it.
But if it’s against spirit for example all you can counter is getting caught yourself. If your team is bad you’re still going to spend your entire game healing and saving them, or doing like 2 gens whole they do.
Having a bad team means any killer, perk, addon combo can kill you but that doesn’t mean they need nerfed.
Im not disagreeing with you. From an individual perspective though, you still get the feeling of "I died because of THAT guy" no matter if Myers uses Tuft of hair or just 99% off a teammate. Against a Ghostface, you rely on your individual skill in a chase while against a Myers, your teammate being a potato can directly affect YOU. Not saying anything about balance, just that you can feel cheated out of half of your chase time because the last guy Myers chased fed too much.
This is just me, but unless I could clearly see that the fault lies with someone else being a potato, I'm not going to assume that my death was because of someone else.
This is just me, but unless I could clearly see that the fault lies with someone else being a potato, I'm not going to assume that my death was because of someone else.
Its true that its alot harder to really pinpoint the source of Myers stalk.You dont know which of your teammates Myers just fully stalked because they were REALLY insistent on cleansing a dull totem, lol.
Again it's not about counter play. You can counter play Prayer Beads by playing smart. Does that make it any less stupid? Does that mean it should be in the game? No and no.
Infinite one shots, no matter how effective, is stupid. PERIOD.
And every time I see "Scream for Myers" it's most likely a infinite EW3 build too. So yea, that's even more stupid because then he just goes around and slugs everyone.
Gotta love how people can defend one stupid thing in the game and denounce another.
I list you the differences between the myers and the spirit build.
Myers is kinda predictable, Spirit is not. Not at all.
Myers needs a certain amount of time to get in EW3, Spirit got everything handed right away.
Myers don't got high mobility, Spirit does.
Do i need to go on? One shot downs are stupid huh? Red ranks killer huh? Sure m8 lol.
That's great and all but Spine Chill completely shuts down Prayer Beads. Like it's not even an issue, she literally wasted an add-on if you have it.
So yea, your points are moot on that alone.
Neither belongs in the game. PERIOD.
Plague gets a ranged attack if your team is stupid, so you want us to remove that ability as well? What shuts down a killer that can damage you at range whenever your team is dumb enough to cleanse? And no I don’t feel plague is OP, just trying to show you how ridiculous you sound.
If your team cleanses haunted ground the killer can one shot down you, I’ve literally heard the explosion mid chase before and been downed two seconds later, get rid of HG too.
Rank 1. Been rank 1 for 2 years. Killer and survivor. I don't play Myers much if at all, but I've use this add-on. It is NOT hard to get. The only time it is hard to get is against a 4 man SWF, but literally everything is hard against them. Even the most OP builds like old omega blink Nurse would be hard against that. Getting EW3 using Tuft of Hair is easy, I see it happen all the time against good survivors.
Could literally say the same thing about Prayer Beads. They are actually very easy to counter, just don't be stupid and blindly do a gen without being somewhat aware of her position on the map. And Spine Chill completely shuts down this add-on.
I'm willing to bet those Myers you faced weren't that good. We have some really good Myers players on Xbox because for some reason a lot of players love him. Again, you are only going to get 3 gens done before he gets infinite EW3 if you are in a 4 man SWF. If you are not, then chances are high he will get it sooner, and if he gets it sooner you are done.
I just love how people shame Prayer Beads but in the same breathe defend infinite one shots then justify it as being "hard at high ranks" which is literally true of anything especially if you are against an SWF. Like really people?
Again Spine Chill. And no, it's not JUST for Prayer Beads, this is a meta-but-no-one-will-admit-that-perk that is useful against EVERY killer in EVERY game. I honestly can't even think of an instance where you won't find use from it.
Also again... just have some map awareness. If you know she has Prayer Beads and you are on a gen, either be sure she is chasing someone else or tap the gen. Or just be ready to let go the instant you see her. You CAN hear footsteps, so if you pay attention she shouldn't ever be able to grab you. It is as much your fault as Myers or GF, albeit harder to beat.
I don't DC against any killer. The only times I've DC'd are against infinite tombstone, and only then because the Myers would outright refuse to kill me, so I just sit in a locker and we stare at each other for 20 minutes. It actually has nothing to do with the build and everything to do with the killer dragging out the game for a stupid achievement.
Spine chill and OoO combo is love, they think you’re an easy hit but then you start running away.
Plague gets a ranged attack if your team is stupid, so you want us to remove that ability as well? What shuts down a killer that can damage you at range whenever your team is dumb enough to cleanse? And no I don’t feel plague is OP, just trying to show you how ridiculous you sound.
If your team cleanses haunted ground the killer can one shot down you, I’ve literally heard the explosion mid chase before and been downed two seconds later, get rid of HG too.
1) Doesn't one shot you.
2) Doesn't last forever. Even with add-ons you get at most 30 seconds.
3) She can't trigger it when right behind you, she has to go out of her way to get it.
So again not the same as infinite EW3. And I'm not complaining about normal EW either. Just infinite. Because unlimited one shots is dumb.
Defending it while shaming Prayer Beads is the epitome or hypocrisy.
Rank 1. Been rank 1 for 2 years. Killer and survivor. I don't play Myers much if at all, but I've use this add-on. It is NOT hard to get. The only time it is hard to get is against a 4 man SWF, but literally everything is hard against them. Even the most OP builds like old omega blink Nurse would be hard against that. Getting EW3 using Tuft of Hair is easy, I see it happen all the time against good survivors.
Could literally say the same thing about Prayer Beads. They are actually very easy to counter, just don't be stupid and blindly do a gen without being somewhat aware of her position on the map. And Spine Chill completely shuts down this add-on.
I'm willing to bet those Myers you faced weren't that good. We have some really good Myers players on Xbox because for some reason a lot of players love him. Again, you are only going to get 3 gens done before he gets infinite EW3 if you are in a 4 man SWF. If you are not, then chances are high he will get it sooner, and if he gets it sooner you are done.
I just love how people shame Prayer Beads but in the same breathe defend infinite one shots then justify it as being "hard at high ranks" which is literally true of anything especially if you are against an SWF. Like really people?
Again Spine Chill. And no, it's not JUST for Prayer Beads, this is a meta-but-no-one-will-admit-that-perk that is useful against EVERY killer in EVERY game. I honestly can't even think of an instance where you won't find use from it.
Also again... just have some map awareness. If you know she has Prayer Beads and you are on a gen, either be sure she is chasing someone else or tap the gen. Or just be ready to let go the instant you see her. You CAN hear footsteps, so if you pay attention she shouldn't ever be able to grab you. It is as much your fault as Myers or GF, albeit harder to beat.
I don't DC against any killer. The only times I've DC'd are against infinite tombstone, and only then because the Myers would outright refuse to kill me, so I just sit in a locker and we stare at each other for 20 minutes. It actually has nothing to do with the build and everything to do with the killer dragging out the game for a stupid achievement.
Prayer Beads has extremely soft counters outside of Spine Chill. I hate Spine Chill, it causes me to play immersed and I hate playing stealthy. My playstyle is a lot more aggressive. When I play stealthy I don’t do anything. I’m just hiding in bushes and licking walls. It’s not very fun for either me or the killer. The only “stealthy build” I run on Claudette. However I do run Iron Will on all survivors if I have the perk unlocked for them.
I’ll take a quote from you “You can’t hear a pin drop if a bomb is going off beside you”. You will never be able to hear Spirit’s footsteps if the generator is close to being done. Her footsteps are already a bit hard to hear, how are you EVER going to hear it if your generator sounds like a jet engine? She doesn’t move grass or corn so you have to rely on sound.
I very rarely DC, but I did DC during the dark days on Frank’s Mix Tape Legion or if the killer outright refuses to kill me like you and the Myers having a stare off for 20 minutes. PB Spirit causes players to kill themselves or DC. I mean when it’s me and one random and the other two have DC’ed, might as well just suicide on hook. No point.
It’s all fine and dandy though because Prayer Beads are getting a really good change:
Why? And no, please dont nerf that add on, but at least reconsider what you are changing prayer beads (and yakuoke amulet) to do. The current proposed change to both is literally trash.😑
honestly best combo for shape is to use the purple tombstone add-on and the red add-on that makes duration of evil within 3 unlimited really op
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
That isn't really what I'm referring to, though. I'm talking more, like, Survivor going to unhook someone without BT with Leatherface still within spitting distance.
Yes, your teammates can straight up sandbag you with ANY killer, lol. Assuming thats not the case though, Myers is one of the only killers that can make use of one chase to bolster the next chase against a completely different survivor. You could make a similar argument about Plague and Oni atm. Im not saying thats OP or anything, just that its annoying to know your chase was cut short because of the stalk they gained from the guy before you.
The thing is that when a Survivor is potato enough to feed Fragrant Tuft Myers enough to screw over your team, that is far more an issue of "potato screwed over their team" than "the add-on unfairly punishes people for mistakes someone else made".
Im not disagreeing with you. From an individual perspective though, you still get the feeling of "I died because of THAT guy" no matter if Myers uses Tuft of hair or just 99% off a teammate. Against a Ghostface, you rely on your individual skill in a chase while against a Myers, your teammate being a potato can directly affect YOU. Not saying anything about balance, just that you can feel cheated out of half of your chase time because the last guy Myers chased fed too much.
But if it’s against spirit for example all you can counter is getting caught yourself. If your team is bad you’re still going to spend your entire game healing and saving them, or doing like 2 gens whole they do.
Having a bad team means any killer, perk, addon combo can kill you but that doesn’t mean they need nerfed.
This is just me, but unless I could clearly see that the fault lies with someone else being a potato, I'm not going to assume that my death was because of someone else.
Its true that its alot harder to really pinpoint the source of Myers stalk.You dont know which of your teammates Myers just fully stalked because they were REALLY insistent on cleansing a dull totem, lol.
I list you the differences between the myers and the spirit build.
Myers is kinda predictable, Spirit is not. Not at all.
Myers needs a certain amount of time to get in EW3, Spirit got everything handed right away.
Myers don't got high mobility, Spirit does.
Do i need to go on? One shot downs are stupid huh? Red ranks killer huh? Sure m8 lol.
That's great and all but Spine Chill completely shuts down Prayer Beads. Like it's not even an issue, she literally wasted an add-on if you have it.
So yea, your points are moot on that alone.
Neither belongs in the game. PERIOD.
Plague gets a ranged attack if your team is stupid, so you want us to remove that ability as well? What shuts down a killer that can damage you at range whenever your team is dumb enough to cleanse? And no I don’t feel plague is OP, just trying to show you how ridiculous you sound.
If your team cleanses haunted ground the killer can one shot down you, I’ve literally heard the explosion mid chase before and been downed two seconds later, get rid of HG too.
Spine chill and OoO combo is love, they think you’re an easy hit but then you start running away.
Prayer beads didn’t get nerfed, it still adds 15 seconds of aura reading to a key.
1) Doesn't one shot you.
2) Doesn't last forever. Even with add-ons you get at most 30 seconds.
3) She can't trigger it when right behind you, she has to go out of her way to get it.
So again not the same as infinite EW3. And I'm not complaining about normal EW either. Just infinite. Because unlimited one shots is dumb.
Defending it while shaming Prayer Beads is the epitome or hypocrisy.
No. Prayer beads is just a boost to her lethality. And not every survivor uses "Spine Chill". "Iron Will" is way more common.
Prayer Beads has extremely soft counters outside of Spine Chill. I hate Spine Chill, it causes me to play immersed and I hate playing stealthy. My playstyle is a lot more aggressive. When I play stealthy I don’t do anything. I’m just hiding in bushes and licking walls. It’s not very fun for either me or the killer. The only “stealthy build” I run on Claudette. However I do run Iron Will on all survivors if I have the perk unlocked for them.
I’ll take a quote from you “You can’t hear a pin drop if a bomb is going off beside you”. You will never be able to hear Spirit’s footsteps if the generator is close to being done. Her footsteps are already a bit hard to hear, how are you EVER going to hear it if your generator sounds like a jet engine? She doesn’t move grass or corn so you have to rely on sound.
I very rarely DC, but I did DC during the dark days on Frank’s Mix Tape Legion or if the killer outright refuses to kill me like you and the Myers having a stare off for 20 minutes. PB Spirit causes players to kill themselves or DC. I mean when it’s me and one random and the other two have DC’ed, might as well just suicide on hook. No point.
It’s all fine and dandy though because Prayer Beads are getting a really good change:
1 Plague's Corrupt Purge lasts for 1 minute base kit.
2 You are also unlimited exposed against Plague unless you cleanse, so is she stupid because of that ?
Good job calling people out for hipocrisy when you are the one acting like that and also spreading misinformation.
And you can even STACK the effect with prayer rope to get an extra 25 SECONDS!!!
Because it takes 10 gens to get that evil within 3
IK! D:
I want to remind you to keep the discussion civil and respectful, leave all the personal problems out of the forum, thank you.
I know right! Don't know what all these people are talking about with prayer beads bein nerfed!
honestly best combo for shape is to use the purple tombstone add-on and the red add-on that makes duration of evil within 3 unlimited really op