How does Nemesis bring back 'Old' Legion?

I wasn't around for Old Legion, started playing about the time Demogorgon was announced. Can someone explain how this perk somehow makes Legion super strong? If its an exploit or bug that goes against gamerules, ignore what I said- I don't want to use that, both for sportsmanship and NOT to be banned 😅

Comments

  • The counter to this perk is not to stun legion but I know it's too difficult to understand

  • So the Original OG bad kids group, The Legion <3 basically worked liked this:

    I stab you and you get DW, I stab you again and make your timer smaller, boy you better believe I'm stabbing you again, GET DOWN ON THE GROUND!!!! The OG Legion didn't break out of their power when they stabbed you, they just kept stabbing you because it was awesome and they loved you.

    Alternatively: I stab you and I break chase, your DW timer goes down as I follow your blood without actually ''Chasing'' you and force you to fall to the ground because you can't Mend as the OG Deep Wounds went down when out of a chase instead of out of the Terror Radius.

    OG Legion was beautiful but very bad for this game.

  • @Rin_is_my_waifu said:

    The counter to this perk is not to stun legion but I know it's too difficult to understand

    If you dont stun him you will just take normal hits lol

  • Deep Wounds used to go down when in chase instead of within terror radius. So what happened during Legion's release is exactly what you would expect to happen.

    Abuse the ######### out of the game's buggy chase system.

    What players quickly found out was by not looking at the survivor the chase will end causing deep wounds to begin degrading. If the survivor stop running to mend the killer can easily M1 them. If they keep running the killer would moonwalk after them following the blood trail. Eventually the bleedout timer will expire leaving the survivor on the ground.

  • @Rin_is_my_waifu said:

    The counter to this perk is not to stun legion but I know it's too difficult to understand

    It's not as simple as that and you know it.

  • There’s a very specific order of things that need to happen for legion to get that ability. Won’t be a problem.

  • actually it is simple as that, maybe you mean that the counter is still making the game more difficult for survivors? Yeah well, that's exactly how a perk should work.

    Let's reverse the example:

    The counter to Decisive Strike is to slug for 1 minute

    No, it's not as simple as that and you know it. If I slug for 1 minute I either lose one gen, if I wait around the slugged survivor, or he will be eventually picked up. Also they can even jump in lockers and I can't hit them (reverse: also sometimes if I drop the pallet I will stun the killer no matter what)

    Yeah well, that's exactly how a perk should work.

  • It actually is that simple if your worried about legion having it dont stun him throw down the pallets early and its basically the same game because legion wouldnt eat stuns before because he could leap over them. By looking at the way the legions playing (or falling for it once) then begins counterplay. Whats really bad is beast of prey because all i have to do is follow you and then eventually youll bleed out.

  • @NinoV1 said:

    There’s a very specific order of things that need to happen for legion to get that ability. Won’t be a problem.

    ROFL...Yeah! Stun Legion, and let the fun begin. That’s the very specific order of things that needs to happen.

  • @Kaelum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/853833#Comment_853833

    ROFL...Yeah! Stun Legion, and let the fun begin. That’s the very specific order of things that needs to happen.

    that's not the only condition. You also need to not be the obsession and, most of all, have already been hit by deep wound.

    If you weren't already hit, once you stun Legion they lose their power gauge, and depending in how much time they need to hit you with DW, Nemesis effect could already be over.

    ...and gens are being done in the meanwhile ;).

  • I think Nemesis is fine becasue as long as you don't stun you're fine. You might go down becasue you don't stun him but you have the choice to do so.

    My problem is Beast of Pray, Legion can follow you until bloodlust and you just drop after a awhile.

  • @Edys he can apply deep wounds AFTER being stunned, exactly like is done in the video. Then just follow you until you drop.

  • @Kaelum said:

    @Edys he can apply deep wounds AFTER being stunned, exactly like is done in the video. Then just follow you until you drop.

    what happens in the video is not a normal scenario.

    Even now you don't want to throw pallets to a Legion which is not using his power (if you're not already injured, at least) - if you do that of course I can then use my power and vault it, and depending on my add-on I could even break it. Double the waste.


    Very different is Legion coming at you using its power.. if you get the stun, you deplete its gauge. But if you also get hit then you will be in trouble, differently from now.

  • @NoFace said:

    I think Nemesis is fine becasue as long as you don't stun you're fine. You might go down becasue you don't stun him but you have the choice to do so.

    My problem is Beat of Pray, Legion can follow you until bloodlust and you just drop after a awhile.

    Stun him again, break los, mend in a safe pallet so he has to break it.

    You can play around beast of prey.


    Now, this "beat of pray" you talked about...not sure...😂

  • @Edys sorry, but your thought that the video is not a normal scenario, is wrong. Almost all of the Legions that I run into, will only use Feral Frenzy a couple times, or so, until everyone is injured. Then they switch to basic attacks to down everyone. Therefore, they always have Feral Frenzy on demand for this, or to just get around the map.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/853887#Comment_853887

    Stun him again, break los, mend in a safe pallet so he has to break it.

    You can play around beast of prey.

    Now, this "beat of pray" you talked about...not sure...😂

    Opps...

    Yes, Beat of Pray. New perk. 😅

  • @Kaelum said:

    @Edys sorry, but your thought that the video is not a normal scenario, is wrong. Almost all of the Legions that I run into, will only use Feral Frenzy a couple times, or so, until everyone is injured. Then they switch to basic attacks to down everyone. Therefore, they always have Feral Frenzy on demand for this, or to just get around the map.

    If the person is injured...why bother with dw? A normal attack is a down already.

  • To me, it looks like it’s the same counter as spirit fury, just throw pallets early

  • @Kaelum said:

    @Edys sorry, but your thought that the video is not a normal scenario, is wrong. Almost all of the Legions that I run into, will only use Feral Frenzy a couple times, or so, until everyone is injured. Then they switch to basic attacks to down everyone. Therefore, they always have Feral Frenzy on demand for this, or to just get around the map.

    I play a lot of Legion and that's not how I play to be honest, basically because once everyone is injured, I'll maybe down one and everyone will heal each other in the meanwhile :P.

    This being said, @Weck is right - if you're already injured DW is a total waste of time (if you are the first survivor found, of course).

  • @Nobsyde said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/853890#Comment_853890

    what happens in the video is not a normal scenario.

    Even now you don't want to throw pallets to a Legion which is not using his power (if you're not already injured, at least) - if you do that of course I can then use my power and vault it, and depending on my add-on I could even break it. Double the waste.

    Very different is Legion coming at you using its power.. if you get the stun, you deplete its gauge. But if you also get hit then you will be in trouble, differently from now.

    You can eat the stun then activate the power also. You don't lose the power bar unless you get stunned during it.

    Run enduring+nemesis get stunned instantly frenzy hop pallet hit and they're downed every time.

  • @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/853903#Comment_853903

    You can eat the stun then activate the power also. You don't lose the power bar unless you get stunned during it.

    Run enduring+nemesis get stunned instantly frenzy hop pallet hit and they're downed every time.

    And if they pre pallet you just wasted 2 perk slots enduring and nemesis. Try again.

  • @BBQnDemogorgon

    You can eat the stun then activate the power also. You don't lose the power bar unless you get stunned during it.

    Yes, that's exactly my point: you don't want to throw a pallet to a Legion that can still use its power, unless you're already injured. If you do it, you'll be punished for it - and that's entirely not considering Nemesis.

  • @supersonic853 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/853959#Comment_853959

    And if they pre pallet you just wasted 2 perk slots enduring and nemesis. Try again.

    Not really they'll be wasting pallets very fast that'll be worth the slots even if you don't get the frenzy down.

  • @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/853966#Comment_853966

    Not really they'll be wasting pallets very fast that'll be worth the slots even if you don't get the frenzy down.

    Or dont use a pallet at all and loop him at a window or other things further wasting his time so he has to smack you or do what some survivors do and juke the frenzy hit so i stun myself.

  • @Kaelum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/853833#Comment_853833

    ROFL...Yeah! Stun Legion, and let the fun begin. That’s the very specific order of things that needs to happen.

    It’s incredibly easy to counter, this won’t be an issue.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/853933#Comment_853933

    If the person is injured...why bother with dw? A normal attack is a down already.

    Mobility

  • Yes yes...better give the survivor another burst of speed after catching the survivor so we can chase them all over again

  • Highly doubt it'll make it to live in the first place. Someone like Freddy having a similar interaction with borrowed time is one thing as that's a perk and not a straight up killer power, but with how hard Legion's ability to do this sort of thing was sent to the shadow realm the first time I honestly can't imagine the devs would ever let it through 🙂

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/854056#Comment_854056

    Yes yes...better give the survivor another burst of speed after catching the survivor so we can chase them all over again

    When you get to the purple and red ranks, you’ll understand exactly how it works. You might want to consider following the survivor after hitting them, and then dropping Frenzy once you’ve caught up. Mind blowing, right?

  • @Kaelum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/854073#Comment_854073

    When you get to the purple and red ranks, you’ll understand exactly how it works. You might want to consider following the survivor after hitting them, and then dropping Frenzy once you’ve caught up. Mind blowing, right?

    In that case, dw is not active either way.

    Or did you forget thats what we were talking about?

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/854138#Comment_854138

    In that case, dw is not active either way.

    Or did you forget thats what we were talking about?

    Dude! How difficult is it to understand this?

    1. Stun Legion.
    2. Legion enters Frenzy,
    3. Legion hits survivor that stunned him. (Timer begins to count down)
    4. Legion follows survivor until he/she catches up.
    5. Legion drops Frenzy,
    6. Legion follows survivor until he drops.
    7. Legion wins

  • @Kaelum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/854146#Comment_854146

    Dude! How difficult is it to understand this?

    1. Stun Legion.
    2. Legion enters Frenzy,
    3. Legion hits survivor that stunned him. (Timer begins to count down)
    4. Legion follows survivor until he/she catches up.
    5. Legion drops Frenzy,
    6. Legion follows survivor until he drops.
    7. Legion wins

    But you, as a survivor, are doing the wrong thing, that's simple.

    If you know that Nemesis is a thing, what you should do, by following your scheme, is:

    1. Legion spots you and chases you
    2. Don't throw pallets but use windows
    3. Legion could eventually hit you, assuming you are not able to juke him before he does
    4. Use the sprint to run away
    5. Legion needs to catch up with you again
    6. Drop pallets before he reaches you to waste his time
    7. If you absolutely have to, yes, stun him
    8. Now he can finally use DW and...
    9. ...he still needs to hit you, you can still stun him / juke him, but whatever.
    10. Run him for ≈30 more seconds
    11. If by any chance you gain enough distance, mend.
    12. Win the game because 3 gens are done


    This assuming you are not injured in the first place - if you are injured whatever, you were already 1 hit away from being dead, how much time do you assume is fair for a survivor to be able to avoid being hit by a killer? Reaching survivor + being stun + DW + mend timer going down ≈ 45 seconds for one hit? Seems really inefficient to me.

  • @Edys yeah, right! If you think that’s how the game works, then more power to you. Since it doesn’t work that way, I’ll disagree.

  • @Kaelum said:

    @Edys yeah, right! If you think that’s how the game works, then more power to you. Since it doesn’t work that way, I’ll disagree.

    But the game works exactly like that :).

    Of course you can disagree with me, that's totally fine - still I gave you a very coherent explanation on why and how you are wrong, if you don't want to reply further I'll just rest my case :P.

  • @Edys cool. I agree that you proved nothing, as that is not how matches go. Have a nice day!

  • Again, you don't have to agree with me, everyone can read and form their own opinion.

    Thanks for the productive exchange and have a wonderful day as well ^^

  • I mean the real trick is just not get hit and then you don't have to worry about the mend timer.

  • @Rin_is_my_waifu said:

    The counter to this perk is not to stun legion but I know it's too difficult to understand

    But people want the pallet stuns! XD

  • @oxygen said:

    Highly doubt it'll make it to live in the first place. Someone like Freddy having a similar interaction with borrowed time is one thing as that's a perk and not a straight up killer power, but with how hard Legion's ability to do this sort of thing was sent to the shadow realm the first time I honestly can't imagine the devs would ever let it through 🙂

    Yeah and then legions dead beyond belief because they removed all his synergies and he doesnt even get nemesis to compensate *clap* good job devs hes already the weakest killer in dbd.

  • Ehh that's kinda a waste since even if you catch up you'll get hit with a 4 second stun which will give them a lot of distance

  • @Rin_is_my_waifu said:

    The counter to this perk is not to stun legion but I know it's too difficult to understand

    Not true. If I run BoP as well, I lose my terror radius at bloodlust 1. DW timer starts ticking away. Heck, I can run any perk that gives oblivious and do the same thing. With those perks, Legion is nearly unstoppable. There is zero counter if the killer is slightly competent.

  • @NoFace said:

    I think Nemesis is fine becasue as long as you don't stun you're fine. You might go down becasue you don't stun him but you have the choice to do so.

    My problem is Beat of Pray, Legion can follow you until bloodlust and you just drop after a awhile.

    I tried it and the timer doesnt go down, while the chase music is still there, If I cancel the chase BoP stops hiding the TR and the timer stops again bc the TR is back. I don't know why people saying, that Bop works with Legion and the DW timer.

  • @myers_obsession said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/853887#Comment_853887

    I tried it and the timer doesnt go down, while the chase music is still there, If I cancel the chase BoP stops hiding the TR and the timer stops again bc the TR is back. I don't know why people saying, that Bop works with Legion and the DW timer.

    Legion does not see the timer go down. It still goes down.

  • I was chasing this Yui until bloodlust 3 and longer. She didnt go down. She trolled me and was running around me at the moment she noticed, what I was trying xD

  • @myers_obsession said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/855206#Comment_855206

    I was chasing this Yui until bloodlust 3 and longer. She didnt go down. She trolled me and was running around me at the moment she noticed, what I was trying xD

    Were you playing on PTB?

    Cause the Beast of Prey changes only exists on there.

  • @Mc_Harty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/855210#Comment_855210

    Were you playing on PTB?

    Cause the Beast of Prey changes only exists on there.

    As I said I was chasing Yui :D So yes.

  • Then you're either lying or didn't apply Deep-Wound to the survivor before you started blood-lusting them.

  • @Mc_Harty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/855216#Comment_855216

    Then you're either lying or didn't apply Deep-Wound to the survivor before you started blood-lusting them.

    Yui stunned me. -> I applied DW -> I was chasing her until bloodlust 3 she didnt go down. Why should I lie?( I will try it again, if I get a match. It takes so long...)

  • @myers_obsession said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/855221#Comment_855221

    Yui stunned me. -> I applied DW -> I was chasing her until bloodlust 3 she didnt go down. Why should I lie?( I will try it again, if I get a match. It takes so long...)

    Don't bother. I made a video about it. Possible the first and only video I'll ever make on Youtube.

    https://youtu.be/K31B1sKQo68?t=597


‹ 1 2