Everybody is talking about BL and legion but....
I absolutely love new rank reset! 😍 I can finally stop going all the way back to green! :D
Tagged:
Trusted
I absolutely love new rank reset! 😍 I can finally stop going all the way back to green! :D
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Have you tested it yet?
🙃
The DC punishment is great to see as well.
Fixed an issue that caused Killers to perform an obstruction hit when hitting Survivors on a hook on dedicated servers.
Hook beatings are back!
😎
good now rank reset won't be a nightmare for all players
I don't like it because rank reset was the only time you get some variety from the game. Now, everyone gets pushed back a full color rank so it's just the same things but at a different rank. You won't have a mix of high ranks and low ranks for that variety. It just shifts everyone the same. That means purple rank after reset is just red ranks.
I liked the climb back to red, personally. Met all sorts of kooky characters. And it felt like I was progressing as a player for a couple weeks.
here ya go
My only concern is it could be problemetic for those new to the game.
Unless they buy it at rank reset time they may struggle to find games within 15m. I think they need to look at these new players as it will be make or break time for most of them. no one wants to sit in a lobby for too long afterall. Maybe one way is to make it so until reaching rank 15 you cant join an SWF. This is so no new players are taken out of the pool. (That may be a terrible idea tbh)
The only other way I can see fixing it is to allow them to be auto put into a wider pool like up to rank 12 or 11 which could be a choice they make after a few mins and an option to perma widen the search comes up.
I hate it and would prefer if it stayed in the PTB. Learning a new Killer is going to be much harder and there won’t be any variety anymore at high ranks. You’ll just be going up against the same sweaty red rank players and builds 24/7. No more relaxing a bit before trying to climb back up the ranks. It’ll be like the rank reset never happened.
You're right, from new friends it sounds like the new player pool is already rough enough for queues, now everyone SHOULD over time keep creeping up in ranks as they play rather than fluctuate up and down in an area. It's gonna be hell after a few months when nobody over about 100 hours is in the brown ranks.
On the upside, people that play a little more casually shouldn't drop down as far, and a few good games will push them into the red ranks.
It may dilute the pool a bit and make the red ranks a bit less cancerous.
I think it is a good idea.
I feel there are quite alot of players using their "sweatiest" builds to stomp less experienced players in low ranks, likely making it a miserable experience for newbies.
New rank reset coupled with harsher DC punishments should in theory make smurfing not as easy anymore.
As for learning a new killers: I think one learns a lot more by going against competent players than by stomping newbies. Survivors habe to develop strategies against new killers aswell, on paper it evens out. If you're experienced enough with the game you should still be able to make plays and get results while.experimenting around. Sure, one might not be dominating team after team with ease but there's probably more to learm from losses than there is from easy victories.
Also if ones personal performance isn't up to snuff you'll going to depip to lower rank brackets eventually.
That's true for most killers, but there are a few like Nurse that are absolutely awful to learn against experienced players.
Most of what you learn from other killers goes out the window on her, and it's very difficult to learn when you're never sure if you're doing something badly or if the survivors have just played enough against her to know what to do.