Iridescent Head shouldn't be a thing

Comments

  • Just stop being a lil wuss and play the game

  • I mean, i feel like i dont have much room to complain, i am a PS4 player and the amount of goot huntresses there are here is miniscule, i have faced like 4 iridescent heads in my whole gameplay experience and of that 4 games I escaped 3.

  • Rewarding players for their skill argument is laughable when it comes to iridescent hatchets. Now, if they were to give a distance requirement to actually get the one shot effect....then we can talk about it being more skill. As it stands it’s very OP and there’s a reason Huntresses with actual skill don’t use them. It’s cause they know are BS

  • @NoOneEscapesNancy said:

    Just stop being a lil wuss and play the game

    I'm just asking people for their opinion, simply. I recently played a game in which the Huntress had such add-on, and i found it pretty unfunny to play against. Of course you can always dodge the hatchets if you have skill, but still, it can feel pretty bad to not be able to escape because the killer can just NOED the hell out of you without having the exit gates powered yet.

    @Todgeweiht said:

    I mean, i feel like i dont have much room to complain, i am a PS4 player and the amount of goot huntresses there are here is miniscule, i have faced like 4 iridescent heads in my whole gameplay experience and of that 4 games I escaped 3.

    That's a very good argument, indeed it is pretty rare to encounter people using the add-on, and even very skilled Huntress can be uncommon to find. However an argument is still standing, and that is the same anybody could have against the Ebony Memento Mori: It may be rare, but it just sucks to play against it.

    @Karl_Childers said:

    Rewarding players for their skill argument is laughable when it comes to iridescent hatchets. Now, if they were to give a distance requirement to actually get the one shot effect....then we can talk about it being more skill. As it stands it’s very OP and there’s a reason Huntresses with actual skill don’t use them. It’s cause they know are BS

    Totally agree! If it was more about a distance requirement, which would require you to be very good at aiming with your hatchets, that would be respectable. Still it would remain horrible for players standing-by (survivors not moving because they are unhooking or opening the gate).

  • It does not reward anyone for Skill. Iridescent Heads are thrown from like 1 meter away. And it does add nothing to the Huntress gameplay. If you are a decent Huntress, you will be good with Iridescent Heads. But you will most likely not go for more risky shots.

    So either should Iridescent Head be hard-capped to 1 or 2.

    OR it should have a range requirement to actually reward skillful Huntress players (like at least 30 meters away for the Insta Down)

    OR it should have a completely new effect (e.g. what I have read on the forum: On a successful hit or down (I prefer down) they refill all Hatchets without the need to go for a locker)

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    It does not reward anyone for Skill. Iridescent Heads are thrown from like 1 meter away. And it does add nothing to the Huntress gameplay. If you are a decent Huntress, you will be good with Iridescent Heads. But you will most likely not go for more risky shots.

    So either should Iridescent Head be hard-capped to 1 or 2.

    OR it should have a range requirement to actually reward skillful Huntress players (like at least 30 meters away for the Insta Down)

    OR it should have a completely new effect (e.g. what I have read on the forum: On a successful hit or down (I prefer down) they refill all Hatchets without the need to go for a locker)

    In a way, I imagine a very skilled Huntress wouldn't even need the Iridescent Head in the first place.

  • Hardest thing to counter tbh, iv had the game since console release and been at rank 1 killer and survivor each reset and honestly this add-on is quite OP with how it is atm, by far the hardest thing you have to go against, give me a gen grabber spirit/strider spirit any day over this add-on

  • @Nyaren_Chan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/841321#Comment_841321

    I'm just asking people for their opinion, simply. I recently played a game in which the Huntress had such add-on, and i found it pretty unfunny to play against. Of course you can always dodge the hatchets if you have skill, but still, it can feel pretty bad to not be able to escape because the killer can just NOED the hell out of you without having the exit gates powered yet.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/841368#Comment_841368

    That's a very good argument, indeed it is pretty rare to encounter people using the add-on, and even very skilled Huntress can be uncommon to find. However an argument is still standing, and that is the same anybody could have against the Ebony Memento Mori: It may be rare, but it just sucks to play against it.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/841410#Comment_841410

    Totally agree! If it was more about a distance requirement, which would require you to be very good at aiming with your hatchets, that would be respectable. Still it would remain horrible for players standing-by (survivors not moving because they are unhooking or opening the gate).

    I know i know... im just saying some people complain to much and should just move along and play the game. But yea! I don’t think iridescent heads are op

  • She is fine, I have only gotten that addon Once and she has 110% movement speed!

    Plus if you’ve played her she only has 1-2 hatchets with that addon.

    I think she doesn’t need her addons changed yet unless you want to trade her iridescent for full movement speed( 115%).

  • Definetly not fun, especially considering how wonky the hitboxes are. Not counting they are mostly used with Infantry Belt to circumvent the penalty and an Ebony Mori for added toxicity.

  • Other reasons. It doesn't take skill to down someone in one hit as Huntress. It's not like Iri Heads reduce the hitbox size or something.

    But they're limited, consumable, expensive and rare (although perhaps not as rare as they should be). I don't want every match I play to be the same. In my opinion, the more rare, overpowered mechanics get nerfed to basic levels where they barely affect the match anymore, the more boring the game becomes overall.

  • If you couldn't stack it with infantry belt/the likes, I'd be ok with it

  • @NoOneEscapesNancy said:

    Just stop being a lil wuss and play the game

    Iridescent Heads reward nothing, as it's literally just normal Huntress gameplay besides the fact that the hatchets deal double damage.

  • @Rie said:

    If you couldn't stack it with infantry belt/the likes, I'd be ok with it

    I feel the same way, it's stupid imo

  • @Nyaren_Chan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/841782#Comment_841782

    In a way, I imagine a very skilled Huntress wouldn't even need the Iridescent Head in the first place.

    I play huntress mainly when I kill, and they are an ultra rare add on that drops the hatchets to 1. Usually combine it with infantry belt and get 3 but even then, there is enough wind up time to know to break line of sight. I personally only use them with an ebony mori to really go hard core crazy on survivors. I don't think it is a common enough of a thing to be considered a real problem though. Plus, aren't ultra rare add ons are supposed to make killers extra unbearable to play against anyway? The wraith's add on that eliminates the noise from his bell is pretty wild, Mirror michael (which isn't ultra rare), and others are all pretty game breaking. I just kinda think that's the whole point of ultra rares. I hate them when I'm surviving but sometimes that's just the luck of the draw