Why do people play like this after rank reset!?

I’ve played probably 20 games today, every single one of them the killer has camped/ tunneled or survivors just don’t want to do anything! I’ve escaped TWICE out of 20 games.

i hate playing during the first week of rank reset it’s always awful.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Why should rank reset change the way people play?

  • Yeah I've seen lots of camping today as well. It's been frustrating.

  • People always sweat bullets during rank reset. Survivors are just as guilty as killers.

  • I must be an unicorn then as I allowed literally everyone in this match to escape after downing all them within the first two minutes today.

    https://youtu.be/7mtOQhsmNVg

    The reason I let them escape was rank reset (I know many survivors struggle after rank resets and I kinda feel sorry for them) and ironically the emblem system. A quick 4k results in a safety pip and little bloodpoints so I decided to farm with them for a bit and let all of them go afterwards. Ironically THAT resulted in an easy pip and nearly 30k bloodpoints for everyone.

    They were really respectful and grateful, too so I will always try to give them a fair+fun game if I see them again. I wish there were more people with good manners in DBD. Could probably reduce the sweat in the long run.

  • Complained about something similar in my previous post (What’s up with people lately?)

    There are moris and campers/ tunnelers everywhere times 10 fold during reset.

  • yay for reset, I can go and play friendly killer again without having to worry so much about super toxic swf groups.


    or at least... saving my kills for those particular players and letting the chill ones survive.

  • I'm gonna prestige and play nurse with no perks & add-ons

    Why, because i'm crazy:)

  • It's not only rank reset but also level 2 of the tome challenges are opened. I know a lot of killers camp for the guaranteed kills they need for certain challenges.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    You see I’m playing as killer and I’m having such an awful experience against the survivors I’m playing against, that unfortunately I’m tempted to go back to tunnelling and camping, which is something I hardly do (except endgame camping).

    But the strong abuse of map assets (chases taking too long) in conjunction with gen rush makes me feel cornered with little choice but to return to such dirty tactics.

    I’d bet my bottom dollar that most of those killers are doing it out of frustration too. I’m not saying it’s your fault. Just that rank reset seems to put killers through lots of miserable games so they go “fudge this” and resort to tunnelling and camping.

    And if all else fails, show them what Leatherface's chainsaw does around a hooked survivor.

  • Yeah i think the rank reset seems to ######### both sides over. All but one game yesterday as killer i got groups of 2-4 swf who were clearly much higher skilled. out of about 15 matches i got a single game that a) lastest more than 10 mins and b) i got more than one kill.

    In one game they had done a gen before whispers even actived (4 people, 4 toolboxes).

    and the worst part is the toxic ######### they say after the match,I mean didn't you just prove you were better by winning the match so utterly, i don't understand the need to spam chat with abuse :/

  • Maybe it's always like that but you pay more attention during the reset because you want that pip?

  • @PinkMochaV2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/833663#Comment_833663

    Because they think they'll be facing newbs so its' a chance to either mess around (play meme builds) or stomp them (play sweaty builds).

    Ran into two spirits each packing Ebony Moris as my first two rank reset games yesterday.

    Only found 1 spirit so far, she did have ebony. I escaped without getting downed once.

    He said "2 people with flashlights, I had to"

    I was like "why not lightborne?"

    And he was like "nah, there's better ways to deal with toxic people".


    Now, add to this that I play on ps4 and there's no endgame chat. And I didn't start the conversation. And didn't ask/cared about the ebony.

    Weird day...XD

  • Rank reset brings the worst players out. I have encountered multiple moris and sweaty killer builds with my baby rank 17 survivor mates while I was playing a loot build. Yay, much fun big wow

  • It's just normal and with a game design like DBD inevitable.

    Just think of it. After 3 years of gaming you will have so much stuff laying around, Moris and BS, and the only time really messing with them, without risking your rank or BP is during rank reset.

    Right now there is not much to do, no new killer or survivor to grind BP for, no reason to sweaty rank up, besides your own ego. Our playerbase isn't that large and thanks to the incredibly gigantic grindwall, new players are discouraged to pick up the game. So this sort of play will become standard within a few month, more people finish the rift and have nothing else to do than to meme, tunnel and camp.

  • @concious_consumer said:

    Maybe it's always like that but you pay more attention during the reset because you want that pip?

    I don’t really play for pips, just play for fun but that’s hard to do right now lol. Games aren’t as bad now as they were on the 13th though so that’s a plus.

  • It’s horrible for killers too.. most of my games today were against extremely sweaty toxic SWFs.. I really don’t get why both sides turn into a$$holes after rank reset...

  • Shits 'n' giggles.

  • @Kycer said:

    It’s horrible for killers too.. most of my games today were against extremely sweaty toxic SWFs.. I really don’t get why both sides turn into a$$holes after rank reset...

    i just play solo survivor and usually get queued with survivors that just don’t wanna do anything. I can get 3 gens up by myself while they’re doing god knows what and then die first hook cause they don’t be wanna save me...