Are you happy now, killer mains?
Because, hell yeah I am. This is the best update ever!
Because, hell yeah I am. This is the best update ever!
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I am happy yet not fully. They are some things that needs to be addressed for both sides. At the moment it's been a big quality of life change. The tears of our survivor friends are yummy tho.
i agree. this a good step in the right direction.... the fact that survivors are unhappy about it shows just how in-your-face they wanted to play. nobody uses stealth. no 'reward' for it.... lol. i suppose actually SURVIVING isn't rewarding enough.... looping and tbagging is the real payoff....
It is an improvement although anyone else feel like having everyone know when the obsession is being chased is just wrong. I play a ton of solo survivor and even I don't like that I can tell when they are being chased on the other side of the map.
As a killer, Its way too easy now... I feel bad being killer since i know the survivors are getting annihilated in every match. Its not very fun when survivors play stealthy either. I wish there was more balance.
a lot of my friends are leaving dbd too now.
Must be getting some below average Survivors then.
I haven't died once yet since the update hit. Still too easy.
(i play both)
Happy about what? They buffed some killers into not being terrible, removed some cheese from the survivor meta perks, and made some perks viable. This should be every patch ever.
I feel like I'm speedhacking on the Hag now. The trap and pick-up animations are so fast.
Killer is boring now, it's way too easy.
Survivors got the fun and exciting gameplay of being chased all game, Looping the ######### out of Killers and no more boring hiding and gen repair simulator.
Killers are getting buffed slowly and surely to be able to still will after getting Looped a ######### ton, because with all the aura reading and detection perks out the ass, they waste no time looking for Survivors.
Survivors got the gameplay they wanted, Killers are *getting* (not quite there yet, they still are underpowered) the balance they wanted. Everyone should be happy.
Except for a couple minorities. You know, the Survivors who want unbalanced Loopfest where they get to bully the Killer all game. Then there is the minorities who said the developers were listening to the wrong players and taking the game in a horrible direction. (I belong to the latter group).
So, no, I’m not happy. This is balance, but ######### gameplay.
Mostly. Some of the maps still need work, but that blade cuts both ways.
Not even a killer main and I'm happy.
Some perks got some good buffs and are actually worth running now, exhaustion nerf barely even did anything to SB and is literally just as usable as ever (there has been 1 time I wasn't recovered in time, ONE TIME, no big deal folks), and I'm finally getting a variety of killers (I've actually gotten some Hags, in public matches. I would go weeks without seeing a single one before!).
I love this update, even the bugs (0 terror radius is fun and hilarious imo. I want this to stay or have an option to use in KYF at least).
Yeah, already I see some Trappers ang Hags in the game. When I'm playing survivor there are always only Billys and Billys...
Ikr, I do enjoy the calm atmosphere of planet Rank 20.
It's a start, but we need more fixing.
Not yet, there are still a lot of things taht require immediate attention..... e.g. SWF and DS
Haven't played as a killer yet but as a survivor it doesn't change much for me. If they didn't tell about exhaustion nerf I wouldn't even notice it. Maybe after some time. Don't know why some people are so angry about it.
But it seems this update didn't really help Freddy...
Survivors are crying loud because they want to prevent further nerfs.
The exhaustion nerf is laughable.....
The game is on a decent track, yes.
Who would be happy though. The killers have everything handed to them. I hate how entitle killers are
Just kidding. Survivors totally needed this nerf. They are only complaining about it because wouldn't you if you were given power over something or someone for two years and then it suddenly change. They are overreacting though. It is a game. People take some ######### way to seriously
the killers have been given the ######### end of a ever increasingly long stick since the first real patch. it bothers me how upset alot of survivors are about the new patch.... i don't think they act 'entitled'. i just think that balanced adjustments are new to them. and new things have a tendency to cause intimidation.... the patch was good. it gives me hope about the direction the game is going....
"This game doesn't spoonfeed me so i am sadd
(((((((((("
umm what? Pretty sure I am not said. You know what buddy? You had too much to drink. Go home, you're drunk, James
i guess having survivors absolutely destroyed isnt just enough
I'll call you an uber home.
The direction of this game, and the 2.1 update are just fantastic.
It is shaking up the meta... it is changing things around. Getting perks that no one would really use and making them viable.
Giving the power role ... well power.
Making surviving a treat and not an entitled thing.
Trapped in a nightmare, trying to escape without dying....
That should be tough, and it finally is.
Tyde explained it pretty well:
https://youtu.be/vsgnhhZ2rIM
Remove the charge in order to swap modes
so he just has to push the button to change