Source on where the devs have stated "Spirit is overperforming"? (discussion)

two things this thread is going to contain; a question, which is "where the devs stated spirit is getting looked at?"

and how everybody feels about it if this is the case. give me some insight pls. :0

Comments

  • 20191109_224128.jpg

    They said that she was overperforming in the latest dev livestream but I'm too lazy to find the exact time.

  • Winter is coming. Brace yourself.

  • I'll just tell you this which sums it up:

    Spirit will be legioned soon.

    As I did with nurse, I'll also open a thread for Rin to pay your respects to her

    So, enjoy her while you can

  • @Rin_is_my_waifu said:

    I'll just tell you this which sums it up:

    Spirit will be legioned soon.

    As I did with nurse, I'll also open a thread for Rin to pay your respects to her

    So, enjoy her while you can

    I mean, the nurse didn't get legioned, her power still does something

  • @mutabletiger4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/822953#Comment_822953

    I mean, the nurse didn't get legioned, her power still does something

    But now she doesn't stand a chance against good SWF teams

  • @Rin_is_my_waifu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/822964#Comment_822964

    But now she doesn't stand a chance against good SWF teams

    Any good survivor team can win though, I bet she also wouldn't stand a chance against 4 good solos

  • I don't feel nothing. Every killer will be considered "overperforming" at some point. People are already talking about how Ghostface and Plague are unfun/boring to play against with 0% counterplay (the magic words). Then here we go with survivor mains. Then dumbass streamers desperate for views talking the same thing. Then the killer is destroyed. So yes, enjoy your favorite killer while you can.

  • @mutabletiger4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/822970#Comment_822970

    Any good survivor team can win though, I bet she also wouldn't stand a chance against 4 good solos

    I wouldn't say that. Before the nerf, a skilled Nurse could probably kill off at least two survivors from a full SWF team. Keep in mind I'm talking about base kit Nurse.

  • @PoisonN said:

    I don't feel nothing. Every killer will be considered "overperforming" at some point. People are already talking about how Ghostface and Plague are unfun/boring to play against with 0% counterplay (the magic words). Then here we go with survivor mains. Then dumbass streamers desperate for views talking the same thing. Then the killer is destroyed. So yes, enjoy your favorite killer while you can.

    You honestly cry 10 times more than survivors actually do

  • @Rin_is_my_waifu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/822964#Comment_822964

    But now she doesn't stand a chance against good SWF teams

    *Cries extra hard in console*

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/823005#Comment_823005

    You honestly cry 10 times more than survivors actually do

    Why I'm crying? I'm just expressing my own opinion about how I feel. I hate dcs, SWF, infinites and big maps. They also are unfun, boring and they don't have counterplay at all, but I've been trying to adapt since then. Could I say the same about you CRYING (the same bs) about Spirit 50/50 of your time? 


    Also, you don't need to @ If I'm bothering you. I could care less with your approval, honestly

  • @PoisonN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/823016#Comment_823016

    Why I'm crying? I'm just expressing my own opinion about how I feel. I hate dcs, SWF, infinites and big maps. They also are unfun, boring and they don't have counterplay at all, but I've been trying to adapt since then. Could I say the same about you CRYING (the same bs) about Spirit 50/50 of your time? 

    Also, you don't need to @ If I'm bothering you. I could care less with your approval, honestly

    You could express your opinions without constantly attacking survivors or certain streamers because you don't like what they said. The condescending attitude also doesn't help at all.

  • @Rin_is_my_waifu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/822964#Comment_822964

    But now she doesn't stand a chance against good SWF teams

    She does, but it's super stressful and extremely unfun. Good mechanics BHVR.

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/823023#Comment_823023

    You could express your opinions without constantly attacking survivors or certain streamers because you don't like what they said. The condescending attitude also doesn't help at all.

    Yet these same survivors and streamers encourage DCing against something that they don't like. If you recall, there was a DBD stream, where streamers DCed against a killer that they didn't like. This was a recent stream, but it shows that they support DCing.

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/823023#Comment_823023

    You could express your opinions without constantly attacking survivors or certain streamers because you don't like what they said. The condescending attitude also doesn't help at all.

    I'm not gonna change the way I express myself only because you don't like it. If you don't like then don't answer it. It's simple.

  • @DaGreenBolt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/823049#Comment_823049

    Yet these same survivors and streamers encourage DCing against something that they don't like. If you recall, there was a DBD stream, where streamers DCed against a killer that they didn't like. This was a recent stream, but it shows that they support DCing.

    Can you tell me which streamers encourage dcing? I personally don't watch any of them but I really, really doubt ohtofu or zubat encourage dc'ing. I also really doubt it's about encouraging dcing anyways. It's sounds more like "I don't like what they are saying about spirit" to me.

  • @DaGreenBolt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/823049#Comment_823049

    Yet these same survivors and streamers encourage DCing against something that they don't like. If you recall, there was a DBD stream, where streamers DCed against a killer that they didn't like. This was a recent stream, but it shows that they support DCing.

    Thanks for saying.

  • @PoisonN said:

    I don't feel nothing. Every killer will be considered "overperforming" at some point. People are already talking about how Ghostface and Plague are unfun/boring to play against with 0% counterplay (the magic words). Then here we go with survivor mains. Then dumbass streamers desperate for views talking the same thing. Then the killer is destroyed. So yes, enjoy your favorite killer while you can.

    People are talking how Ghostface's reveal mechanic is inconsistent(for both sides). And yes, that's frustrating and unfun. With Plague I mostly saw people arguing that survivors have too much control over her power, which kinda leads to the unfun experiences for both sides, because there is one meta-strategy, that lacks in interactivity mostly.

    The thing is, when people talk about balance and changes, then there is more than just nerfs and buffs. It's about making the game more enjoyable for both sides. I'm a horrible Nurse player. Never mastered her. But I despise the cooldown change, because I know how much it harms her game feel. And for similar reasons I belong to those who think that Spirit needs adjustments to make facing her more enjoyable and consistent.

    Things aren't so simple. There is no conspiracy. People who care about the game, just want it to be enjoyable like we all want it to be.

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/823062#Comment_823062

    Can you tell me which streamers encourage dcing? I personally don't watch any of them but I really, really doubt ohtofu or zubat encourage dc'ing. I also really doubt it's about encouraging dcing anyways. It's sounds more like "I don't like what they are saying about spirit" to me.

    I don't really watch streamers either, but these are things I heard on the forums. Also ingame, I've seen people that have like .TTV or @live in their username DC when playing both survivor and killer (seriously who DCs against a Wraith, seriously a wraith...).

    I never said all streamers but there are some current streamers that encourage DC.

  • Well, listen to this; I recently played with my low rank friends using my low rank account and we played against a fully prestiged rank 20 Spirit with tier 3 meta perks who didn't play like a rank 20. Makes me wonder how many people have deranked and are bullying survivors like that.

  • @Freudentrauma said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/823005#Comment_823005

    People are talking how Ghostface's reveal mechanic is inconsistent(for both sides). And yes, that's frustrating and unfun. With Plague I mostly saw people arguing that survivors have too much control over her power, which kinda leads to the unfun experiences for both sides, because there is one meta-strategy, that lacks in interactivity mostly.

    The thing is, when people talk about balance and changes, then there is more than just nerfs and buffs. It's about making the game more enjoyable for both sides. I'm a horrible Nurse player. Never mastered her. But I despise the cooldown change, because I know how much it harms her game feel. And for similar reasons I belong to those who think that Spirit needs adjustments to make facing her more enjoyable and consistent.

    Things aren't so simple. There is no conspiracy. People who care about the game, just want it to be enjoyable like we all want it to be.

    People are saying that Ghostface is broken because of zero terror radius/no red stain when he's using it's power and Plague because of thanatophobia, dying Light and her counter on iron Will, inner strenght, self care and other perks. I understand your point but I don't think these people care about balance at all. They're focusing on Spirit and ignoring the rest. Why? Because it's convenient.

  • I only heard them say that Freddy is over performing on their recent live stream.

  • They mentioned it on Stream and Peanits also posted this in another thread here

    @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/818226#Comment_818226

    Coincidentally, she also happens to average three kills per game if not higher (with the target being two kills two escape). Fun is definitely a factor, but not the only thing that's considered. A game is meant to be fun though, advocating for not making the game fun is a hard sell.


    And on the Ghostface issues discussed in this thread: I think that's mostly because revealing can feel inconsistent. You can go against him and stare directly at him and nothing happens, then you play him and get revealed through a wall because Claudette learned how to create a wormhole in front of her eyeballs or something ?

  • @Pizzaman said:

    Winter is coming. Brace yourself.

    We got years to go if that's your comment.

    @Rin_is_my_waifu said:

    I'll just tell you this which sums it up:

    Spirit will be legioned soon.

    As I did with nurse, I'll also open a thread for Rin to pay your respects to her

    So, enjoy her while you can

    I already figured it was gonna happen after I saw Nurse's "base kit touches" and they mentioned some changes to Spirit.

    I moved onto weaker killers. Least if I get good with them by the time Spirit is wiped out and survivors complain the games too easy after the initial Billy nerf. I'll be doing ok with Pig, Wraith, Huntress, and Hag.