How to play Hag?
I recently bought Hag's DLC and just played some games with her only using Ruin and no addons. I don't understand how could I play her properly. She looks like the proximity camping queen. Why would I bother going too far if somebody WILL step in one of the traps and I will have an easy target also avoiding it from unhooking the other guy? Also, the only game I didn't get 4k, it was a 3k with one hatch scape. Is this the way devs intented us to play her? It looks like it is, but it isn't fun at all for both me and survivors. Any tips, please?
In case anyone interested, I'm currently rank 6 and survivors were mostly purple/red ranks.
Comments
1) Catch a survivor
2) Hook them in the basement
3) Place at least 20 traps
4) Wait at the top of the stairs
5) Repeat
Learn how survivors path. All maps are different but there are routes most survivors will take, whether they're in a chase or otherwise. Choke points, pallets(sometimes), Windows, hills/stairs, dropdowns, and main buildings are good places for traps. Ruin is crazy strong early game and let's her set up traps relatively peacefully.
If you're on Discord? Theres a server called the Haggers den. The Hag mains will be happy to teach you, how to play Hag to her fullest potential.
Good advice if your against low rank players.
Use add ons that allow you to teleport from great distances.
Put a trap in your totem.
Then put a trap in places survivors tend to go through.
Put traps in long loops.
Put a trap in front of the person who is hooked.
If you hook someone in the basement put a trap in front of the hook, on the stairs and on the killer shack entrances.
Here's an educational video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMlnR_DJaokDon’t mind the silly comments and such. This is an older post of mine. Take a look and I hope it helps!
The mentality part of hags game has an absolute ASTRONOMICAL skill cap (a little bit of an exaggeration, but you get the point). Just take a look: !
tips For beginning hags with no map knowledge
literally everything you said are things i point out when i see posts where people think shes weak. Glad to know someone has a similar mindset. "flashlights and swf wreak her!" No they don't you just have to adjust your play style depending on what they are doing and she still destroys them. Also I love stbfl on her, at full stacks its so satisfying hitting someone than immediately teleporting to a trap they activated for the down.
Hag guide by Croquedead:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1536445874
There’s not many people who realize her full potential and how powerful she is. I’m always writing how great she is and constructed a few posts talking about her. Anytime I see a tier list that has Hag below A (I believe she’s S) tier, I can’t help but comment on it. I personally believe she’s the best killer in the game after Nurses nerf. I’m also glad to see the points that you made! You definitely understand for sure.
I'm sure Lisa will be more popular after Spirits nerf. Then they will nerf Hag and we will forget this game ever existed.
If they nerfed hag in any way, I would/will quit this game and I’m not even kidding. Any one can quote this if they wish. But on a more positive note... ALL HAIL QUEEN LISA!
Granny has risen to true enlightenment!