Slowdown freddy

So,how strong is exactly freddy that uses thana,dying light,ruin,pop?Have u ever faced anyone that was using that build cause i haven't yet.How much longer did interactions take etc especially if he was using some more slowdown addons

Comments

  • I haven't gone against it but I can vouch for its strength. It pisses people off really bad, though. Ragequits are likely

  • @luka2211 said:

    So,how strong is exactly freddy that uses thana,dying light,ruin,pop?Have u ever faced anyone that was using that build cause i haven't yet.How much longer did interactions take etc especially if he was using some more slowdown addons

    It's one of the worst things to face in the game in terms of fun IMO. Its extremely boring.

  • I tried it out when Dying Light was changed. I don't think it's super strong on Freddy tbh, since it requires you to have Thana at at least 3 to be effective. On Plague it's much better because they can't heal and cancel a large portion of it.

    Every time I used it I never noticed a serious decrease in gen speed unless they were already losing pretty hard.

  • Anything on Freddy is annoying, but then again I just hate Freddy don’t mind me.

  • In my opinion, going against a slowdown Freddy is boring and frustrating as hell, you barely feel you are making any progress as survivor. I still haven't been able to escape from that build. Anyone else has?

  • I have faced that build with a SWF group, wasn't a problem, we got all gens done.

  • @Xerge said:

    In my opinion, going against a slowdown Freddy is boring and frustrating as hell, you barely feel you are making any progress as survivor. I still haven't been able to escape from that build. Anyone else has?

    i just went against it for the first time,and all 4 escaped.He couldn't catch anyone for 3 gens at the start so he couldn't get any stacks of dying light nor thana from it.

  • @luka2211 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/818481#Comment_818481

    i just went against it for the first time,and all 4 escaped.He couldn't catch anyone for 3 gens at the start so he couldn't get any stacks of dying light nor thana from it.

    Nice work. That makes me wonder if it's better playing stealthy against him, unless there's someone in your team that is optimal at looping and keeping the killer distracted for two minutes.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    I have faced that build with a SWF group, wasn't a problem, we got all gens done.

    that build kinda depends on the factor how fast the killer gets down so he can get alot of dying light stacks.But swf can beat any build in the game imo

  • @Xerge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/818490#Comment_818490

    Nice work. That makes me wonder if it's better playing stealthy against him, unless there's someone in your team that is optimal at looping and keeping the killer distracted for two minutes.

    as long as he doesn't get those stacks early,u should be good :D

  • @luka2211 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/818489#Comment_818489

    that build kinda depends on the factor how fast the killer gets down so he can get alot of dying light stacks.But swf can beat any build in the game imo

    We weren't even good and some of us did their time-wasting Archive challenges, so it shouldn't be a problem for good solo players, either.

    And yes, if it takes some time to get the first hook(s), Thana and Dying Light won't become relevant.

  • What was his rank? Sounds like he might've been between purple and green ranks.

  • The strengths of this build actually come more of the combination of fast downs and PGTW. With beeing able to port to generators Freddy can make use out of it quite fast and go back in the chase immediatly. But personally I think using too many slowdowns on freddy is too much on him. Especially you kinda are already snowballing the game at that point. And if that is the case than the game is in your favor anyway even without the slowdown.

    Of course slowdown builds are counterable it's quite boring to face, and it's more likely, that survivors make more mistakes, when you run this build. So I would say quite reliable, even though I wouldn't use it.

  • @Xerge said:

    What was his rank? Sounds like he might've been between purple and green ranks.

    for me it was a red rank,it was rancid abbatoir tho.A farm map,chases are alot harder especially with that god loop window.He did chases and mindgames otherwise well tho

  • Would half slowdown and half tracking perks be a decent balance? I was thinking of a Ruin/PGTW/BBQ/Discordance build.

    I mainly play around green ranks, so this would work for me I think.

  • @53nation said:

    Would half slowdown and half tracking perks be a decent balance? I was thinking of a Ruin/PGTW/BBQ/Discordance build.

    I mainly play around green ranks, so this would work for me I think.

    that is a good build,i would use the addons that give me the teleportation charge back faster,the green one and the yellow one or just one of the two and a slowdown addon or nothing else

  • @Xerge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/818490#Comment_818490

    Nice work. That makes me wonder if it's better playing stealthy against him, unless there's someone in your team that is optimal at looping and keeping the killer distracted for two minutes.

    You have to have a pretty amazing loop for Freddy.