Could a killer with magic or fire work

So could a killer with fire or even magic work in DBD? I did hear they tried a flying killer before an that it didn't even work so they didn't go ahead with it.

Comments

  • Could it work? Sure, absolutely. You could have a killer that throws fireballs at the survivors pretty easily (it would basically be the Huntress). Although we tend to stay away from that style of fantasy, it wouldn't really fit with the overall aesthetic of the game. That could always change down the line, of course.

  • @Peanits said:

    Could it work? Sure, absolutely. You could have a killer that throws fireballs at the survivors pretty easily (it would basically be the Huntress). Although we tend to stay away from that style of fantasy, it wouldn't really fit with the overall aesthetic of the game. That could always change down the line, of course.

    Wouldn't Hag technically speaking be using magic?

    Or am I the big dumb?

  • Flying guy was apparently op as #########.

    @Peanits said:

    Could it work? Sure, absolutely. You could have a killer that throws fireballs at the survivors pretty easily (it would basically be the Huntress). Although we tend to stay away from that style of fantasy, it wouldn't really fit with the overall aesthetic of the game. That could always change down the line, of course.

    Killer with fireballs? would be weird.

    Killer with flamethrower? Now we are talking.?

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    Flying guy was apparently op as #########.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/812937#Comment_812937

    Killer with fireballs? would be weird.

    Killer with flamethrower? Now we are talking.?

    The killer is Hans

    And he went to get the Flammenwerfer

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/812937#Comment_812937

    Wouldn't Hag technically speaking be using magic?

    Or am I the big dumb?

    I think so.

    But fireballs would be a bit much XD

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Weck @TheHoodiedOne

    There is one big problem with the flamethrower: I promise you that the lags + frame drops for the flame throwing animation would be worse than Doc's shock or Plague's vomit.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    @Weck @TheHoodiedOne

    There is one big problem with the flamethrower: I promise you that the lags + frame drops for the flame throwing animation would be worse than Doc's shock or Plague's vomit.

    but, but, I wanna yell "BURN IN HOLY HELL FIRE" for no reason...

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    @Weck @TheHoodiedOne

    There is one big problem with the flamethrower: I promise you that the lags + frame drops for the flame throwing animation would be worse than Doc's shock or Plague's vomit.

    What @TheHoodiedOne said.

    Also, there's fire already in every map. It's just a little more ?

  • @Weck @TheHoodiedOne

    Okay, let's add the flamethrower then. A couple more lags won't really make a difference.

  • We need Genji from overwatch as a killer, shurikuns throwing Killer who double jumps over pallets and loops. Or tracer who just rewinds time with whoever is nearby to redo parts of a chase.

  • @Peanits said:

    Could it work? Sure, absolutely. You could have a killer that throws fireballs at the survivors pretty easily (it would basically be the Huntress). Although we tend to stay away from that style of fantasy, it wouldn't really fit with the overall aesthetic of the game. That could always change down the line, of course.

    Ah so like a flying killer they wouldn't really work? I assume a grim reaper wouldn't make sense in DBD either because the entity is the one who takes the bodies of dead survivors away?

  • @UrbanChaos45 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/812937#Comment_812937

    Ah so like a flying killer they wouldn't really work? I assume a grim reaper wouldn't make sense in DBD either because the entity is the one who takes the bodies of dead survivors away?

    I can see it working.

    Death already works for dracula, it could work for the entity too

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/813072#Comment_813072

    I can see it working.

    Death already works for dracula, it could work for the entity too

    I kinda wonder what power the reaper would have as it's sorta fantasty isn't it?

  • @UrbanChaos45 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/812937#Comment_812937

    Ah so like a flying killer they wouldn't really work? I assume a grim reaper wouldn't make sense in DBD either because the entity is the one who takes the bodies of dead survivors away?

    I have posted Killer ideas for both of those.

  • @AshleyWB said:

    We need Genji from overwatch as a killer, shurikuns throwing Killer who double jumps over pallets and loops. Or tracer who just rewinds time with whoever is nearby to redo parts of a chase.

    Miss being 12

  • @UrbanChaos45 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/813075#Comment_813075

    I kinda wonder what power the reaper would have as it's sorta fantasty isn't it?

    Here's my Reaper proposal if you're interested.

    @NuclearBurrito said:

    The Reaper

    Movement Speed: 4.4 M/S (110%)

    Terror Radius: 32 Meters

    Height: Tall (floating like the Nurse)

    Weapons: Scythe

    Power: Soul Thief - You may charge your Scythe for 2 seconds to ready your power, gradually slowing down to 3.6 M/S (90%) during the charge (average of 100% M/S if released immediately).

    Releasing the charge will Reap all Survivors within a 5 meter radius regardless of obstacles, causing them to scream and granting you their soul. Your terror radius is reduced by 8 meters per soul in your possession.

    To regain their soul Survivors must head to one of 3 Alters and preform a 5 second channel. While preforming the channel the Alter becomes active showing it's aura to the Reaper and will remain active for 5 seconds after the channel ends.

    While Soul Thief is charged and you have at least 1 soul you may press M1 to preform Void Strike and instantly teleport 4 meters forwards and attack the first Survivors in the path. This may be recast by pressing M1 again for each additional soul you have so long as the attack hits a Survivor. You may Void Strike in the direction of an active Alter to teleport directly to it.

    Soulless Survivors preform ALL actions 10% slower including movement and vaulting

    Addons

    BROWN

    • Increases Reap range by 1 meter
    • Removes 1 Alter
    • Hitting a Survivor with Void Strike inflicts Mangled on the Survivor until they are healed
    • Increases Void Strike range by 1 meter

    YELLOW

    • Increases Reap range by 2 meters
    • Alters take 2 extra seconds to use
    • Increases Void Strike range by 2 meters
    • Soulless Survivors are inflicted with Blindness
    • Hitting a Survivor with Void Strike inflicts Broken on the Survivor for 45 seconds

    GREEN

    • Increases Reap range by 3 meters
    • Decreases Soul Thief charge time by 0.5 seconds
    • Aalters take 3 extra seconds to use
    • Increases the Slowdown on Soulless Survivors by 2%
    • Void Strike will steal Souls from Survivors if you don't already have them

    PURPLE

    • Increases the Slowdown on Soulless Survivors by 3%
    • Each Soul stolen decreases your terror radius by 4 more than normal
    • Reaping a Survivor inflicts Exhaustion on them for 30 seconds
    • You are undetectable while charging Soul Thief

    RED

    • Soulless Survivors no longer have their movement speed reduced. You move 5% faster per soul in your possession
    • All Survivors start the trial Soulless. Survivors are Oblivious while using an Alter

    Perks

    • Hex: Despair - Every time a Survivor heals gain a token. Hooking a Survivor will consume a token, inflicting the broken status effect for 30/60/90 seconds once they are unhooked. When the hex is cleansed you can no longer gain tokens but you will keep your existing tokens and can still utilize them.
    • Isolation - For every Survivor not within 32 meters of another Survivor gain 1 charge per second. At 80 charges gain 3/4/5% increased movement speed. Downing a Survivor will reset your charges.
    • Unpaid Dues - You are obsessed with one Survivor. Whenever a Survivor is unhooked that Survivor will gain a permanent 10% action speed penalty to repairing generators, healing and sabotaging hooks. The Obsession will gain a 10/15/20% action speed penalty instead. This debuff stacks up to twice per Survivor.


  • If there were a wizard/magic themed killer it would make more sense to have someone be able to use telekinesis, like Carrie.

  • @Jakojo said:

    If there were a wizard/magic themed killer it would make more sense to have someone be able to use telekinesis, like Carrie.

    Bruh. I wanna drop pallets on survivors stupid little heads with my mind powers. I didn't even know I wanted this but I really do.

  • @UrbanChaos45 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/813075#Comment_813075

    I kinda wonder what power the reaper would have as it's sorta fantasty isn't it?

    Grim reaper is fantasy, just like freddy krueger is.

    The main thing, is that the style doesn't clash with the game. And it fits quite well.


    For starters, unique weapon, no one has a scythe yet.

    Second, it's powers could be pretty much anything. There's a different version of the grim reaper everywhere, and they have different abilities.

    3rd, the grim reaper is cool as #########

  • I just had a visual of Nea running around in flames. It made me smile.

  • @Jakojo said:

    If there were a wizard/magic themed killer it would make more sense to have someone be able to use telekinesis, like Carrie.

    Carrie would be super cool! Stephen King as the survivor plz!

  • Only magic I could imagine is a dark magic or perhaps a warlock of the entity or something.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/813081#Comment_813081

    Grim reaper is fantasy, just like freddy krueger is.

    The main thing, is that the style doesn't clash with the game. And it fits quite well.

    For starters, unique weapon, no one has a scythe yet.

    Second, it's powers could be pretty much anything. There's a different version of the grim reaper everywhere, and they have different abilities.

    3rd, the grim reaper is cool as #########

    it would be just frightening to see a grim reaper just like effing float to you out of nowhere lol, God this makes me miss original killers because you had no idea what they were gonna do, if after pennywise we get an original killer I'll be pleased tbh.

  • @UrbanChaos45 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/813098#Comment_813098

    it would be just frightening to see a grim reaper just like effing float to you out of nowhere lol, God this makes me miss original killers because you had no idea what they were gonna do, if after pennywise we get an original killer I'll be pleased tbh.

    I want more original Killers as well. And yeah a Reaper Killer would be awesome as hell.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/813091#Comment_813091

    Carrie would be super cool! Stephen King as the survivor plz!

    Sue Snell or the gym teacher (I can't remember her name) as the survivor would be cool. If BHVR ever did anything inspired by Stephen King, I'd love for it to be Carrie---I feel like if they did Pennywise it'd cheapen it.

  • @Ashruu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/813091#Comment_813091

    Bruh. I wanna drop pallets on survivors stupid little heads with my mind powers. I didn't even know I wanted this but I really do.

    Sorry, those aren't for you.

  • I could definitely see some sort of "damned firefighter" killer who uses a fire axe and a flamethrower or something. Maybe flames would cause some sort of new burning condition.

  • Does fire breathing satan or devil still count as fantasy?

  • There was a poll at Twitch Rivals where they proposed killer ideas. There was Voldemort, maybe mostly for the joke, but I think he has good potential. Or Dementor. But Harry Potter is not really horror, and the license...

  • @UrbanChaos45 said:

    So could a killer with fire or even magic work in DBD? I did hear they tried a flying killer before an that it didn't even work so they didn't go ahead with it.

    I would love to see a killer who can appear to exactly mimic a survivor. That would be some game changing power!

  • you could have a killer with a flame thrower, that works kinda like plague. They light you on fire, and you have a certain amount where you can extinguish it. If you can't do it in time, you lose a health state or get injured. Might be crazy strong so the killer would probably have to be 110%.

  • With the current health system I think DoTs arent that... feasible. ( see Deep Wounds)

    But if doctor can have electricity, and hag vodoo, not to mention doomy bells or teleports... magic is a rather broad term.

    Instead of dealing damage, Fire could also be used as unpassable terrain, similiar to entity blockers on windows/exit.

  • @Chrisko said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/101715/could-a-killer-with-magic-or-fire-work

    I would love to see a killer who can appear to exactly mimic a survivor. That would be some game changing power!

    Like a killer that uses mirrors somehow? That would pretty awesome.