Either that or it's someone who's just bored on the hook.
EDIT: I'd like to clarify I think it means "Killer is Camping/near hook" not necessarily "leave me to die". Unless I know the Killer isn't at the hook I won't go for a wiggling Survivor without BT.
2 quick flails followed by rest: someone's being chased, the rest of you are on gens and no one's coming for the unhook/I wishing I had ######### kindred.
From my experience most of the time it means "come rescue me" which is why you don't do it in front of the killer or they'll think you're signaling for someone to come grab you. So they'll camp.
Funny thing is, it used to mean "killer is camping, don't bother" but the way people use it nowadays the meaning seems to have shifted completely. Now the only context I ever see it in is "please hurry and come rescue me before I hit second stage".
It means different things to different people. Which is highly irritating.
This, basically. Another reason on why Kindred is a great perk for solo payers.
While in most of my games wiggling arms at the hook usually meant "Rescue me", I have seen my fair shares of "Don't rescue me because x", it's just that it's hard to know sometimes. I wish the community would just agree on one, I really don't mind if it's one or the other.
I always see it as they want you to come rescue them. They seem to do it more when no one is going for the save. They seem to stop, when you start heading their way.
I'm not OG btw. I started playing in June of this year, so maybe the meaning is changing.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
It usually means that the killers camping.
I do it for fun unless I go on my phone while I'm at it.
Either that or it's someone who's just bored on the hook.
EDIT: I'd like to clarify I think it means "Killer is Camping/near hook" not necessarily "leave me to die". Unless I know the Killer isn't at the hook I won't go for a wiggling Survivor without BT.
It means different things to different people. Which is highly irritating.
^^^
From my experience most of the time it means "come rescue me" which is why you don't do it in front of the killer or they'll think you're signaling for someone to come grab you. So they'll camp.
killers camping
Its been a sign of "Killer is camping" ever since beta.
It means i'm bored and spamming the only action I have available.
If I quickly spam it means the killer is close or is camping
If I go for 1 second and then stop several times it means the coast is clear and somebody needs to come rescue me
If I spam when someone gets close it means there are traps or the killer is coming back
Funny thing is, it used to mean "killer is camping, don't bother" but the way people use it nowadays the meaning seems to have shifted completely. Now the only context I ever see it in is "please hurry and come rescue me before I hit second stage".
This, basically. Another reason on why Kindred is a great perk for solo payers.
While in most of my games wiggling arms at the hook usually meant "Rescue me", I have seen my fair shares of "Don't rescue me because x", it's just that it's hard to know sometimes. I wish the community would just agree on one, I really don't mind if it's one or the other.
All y’all idiots who think it means “rescue me” need to go back to the OG days. It means “killers camping” end of story.
I always see it as they want you to come rescue them. They seem to do it more when no one is going for the save. They seem to stop, when you start heading their way.
I'm not OG btw. I started playing in June of this year, so maybe the meaning is changing.
Killer is near.
Don't come to safe me, do gens instead (u silly thing).
It's been this way since 2k16
It means get me a burrito ASAP!
Do the freakin' gens.
For me it just means the killer is near me/I can see them.
Waving your arms likes 2 times a second means killer is patrolling hook, or camping, or facecamping you. Basically: Don't bother rescuing.
Waving like once every 10 seconds means everything is clear, and no one is going for me. Basically: I need someone for rescue now.