Peace

I'm sorry Behavior, I've bought all your DLC and paid for a few skins in the past, but this battlepass "Rift" is too rich for my blood. Your game was balancing on a pegged leg when it came out, it has flourished on the most basic of luck in the industry purely because it had more to offer than F13 and because Evolve became hot garbage, this though is going too far.

I like battlepasses, I play PUBG and Fortnite, and I find it's a fair way to earn the gear and skins. There's just a couple key problems here, you can't earn any extra Aurics in the pass than what the next season is worth, there is only 70 levels and not 100, and you dont have enough original skins to make me want to pay 10$ for aesthetics alone. Maybe if you had sold the pass at a cheaper rate to begin since it's new, and maybe if you offered some Aurics in the Free part of the pass as well, to compensate and give incentive to want to get them from your store to buy others I would feel more inclined. Maybe you could go FTP and refund players who purchased all your DLC and game with Aurics.

As it stands though, you're simply selling mostly repainted skins that i already paid for and then making me work may ass off to get them.

P.S. I'll peak back when your pass is a bit more reasonable and you have enough animators to fill it properly.

"So long and thanks for all the fish."

Comments

  • Can't say I blame you. Though I've built my entire friend group around this game and I still have a little bit of love for it, so I'll be sticking around for a bit longer.

  • I'm a little confused, why does it matter that the pass is 70 levels rather than 100?

  • they aren't quitting over cosmetics.


    and I don't blame them for quitting. Balancing issues, server issues, new issues with every patch that have to be repatched, auric cell issues, excessively toxic player-base, and a poorly done battle pass that seems more like a cash-grab than a "feature" ...


    I love this game, but the decisions they make as a company infuriate me most of the time. many things I'll push past because I can't imagine what its like to be in their shoes... but stuff like this battlepass?

    too far in the wrong direction.

  • IMO the pass isn't meant for you If you're here buying a bunch of the skins. While they look good I only buy skins if it's for kate or the legion because that's who I play. I've bought some for adam and jane on ps4 but I swapped to PC and didn't buy their skins again. But I did for the two I primarily play. Point here being though while it may not be much the battle pass does have a few skins unique to it that would've cost you more than $10 anyway while also giving you alternate versions of other releases. I would also rather all the items be new and unique to the pass too but I don't think its a terrible pass either. I'm sure they'll take the feedback and make better or exclusive skins for it in the future.

  • @Desolate_Sands said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/806255#Comment_806255

    He literally only complains about cosmetics in his post...….

    Balance is better now than it ever has been in the game. The dedicated servers are crap but hey im on xbox so who cares.

    "I paid 1000 auric cells to get this battle pass and now the 25 auric cells it was going to give me will be delayed a little bit!" Do you see anything funny about that or is it just me?

    There is no way this community is more toxic than any old FPS. Even the worst survivor salt is usually nothing compared to like a dota lobby or a CS:GO lobby or any other competitive game.

    And a cash-grab battle pass is just standard for a video game these days? At least there is no-nonsense character progression instead of progression-by-lootboxes.

    Nobody is forcing you to buy it.

    I feel sorry for you that you cannot see why dbd’s battle pass is unfair, and that you think it’s okay for multi million dollar companies to take advantage of you and your wallet.

    “Nobody’s forcing you” is a lie and it’s what they WANT you to think as they create impossible circumstances that strongly encourage you to buy into their system that uses real money to bypass such roadblocks.

    Loot boxes and battle passes are cut from the same gambling cloth - you are not getting what you pay for, but a CHANCE to get what you want.

  • @Desolate_Sands said:

    "Evolve became hot garbage" implies evolve wasn't hot garbage in the first place.

    *Quits game over cosmetics*

    Evolve had promise in the beginning but then they made changes everyone hated.

  • @pemberley said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/806271#Comment_806271

    I feel sorry for you that you cannot see why dbd’s battle pass is unfair, and that you think it’s okay for multi million dollar companies to take advantage of you and your wallet.

    “Nobody’s forcing you” is a lie and it’s what they WANT you to think as they create impossible circumstances that strongly encourage you to buy into their system that uses real money to bypass such roadblocks.

    Loot boxes and battle passes are cut from the same gambling cloth - you are not getting what you pay for, but a CHANCE to get what you want.

    Please explain how this is unfair. You can play the game just like you always have, they give you extra challenges to do if you want, they show you exactly where you progress on the rift. You can wait until the last day of the rift and based on your progress you will see exactly what you get for your 1000 auric cells. They even give you some, if not all off your auric cells back. There is no chance/luck involved with this system if you just wait to unlock it. You can't compare it at all to loot boxes or any type of gambling.

  • @daryth84 said:

    I'm sorry Behavior, I've bought all your DLC and paid for a few skins in the past, but this battlepass "Rift" is too rich for my blood. Your game was balancing on a pegged leg when it came out, it has flourished on the most basic of luck in the industry purely because it had more to offer than F13 and because Evolve became hot garbage, this though is going too far.

    I like battlepasses, I play PUBG and Fortnite, and I find it's a fair way to earn the gear and skins. There's just a couple key problems here, you can't earn any extra Aurics in the pass than what the next season is worth, there is only 70 levels and not 100, and you dont have enough original skins to make me want to pay 10$ for aesthetics alone. Maybe if you had sold the pass at a cheaper rate to begin since it's new, and maybe if you offered some Aurics in the Free part of the pass as well, to compensate and give incentive to want to get them from your store to buy others I would feel more inclined. Maybe you could go FTP and refund players who purchased all your DLC and game with Aurics.

    As it stands though, you're simply selling mostly repainted skins that i already paid for and then making me work may ass off to get them.

    P.S. I'll peak back when your pass is a bit more reasonable and you have enough animators to fill it properly.

    "So long and thanks for all the fish."

    Pub G is a game for hackers and cheaters yep that's what they do on their.

  • @Desolate_Sands said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/806255#Comment_806255

    He literally only complains about cosmetics in his post...….

    Balance is better now than it ever has been in the game. The dedicated servers are crap but hey im on xbox so who cares.

    "I paid 1000 auric cells to get this battle pass and now the 25 auric cells it was going to give me will be delayed a little bit!" Do you see anything funny about that or is it just me?

    There is no way this community is more toxic than any old FPS. Even the worst survivor salt is usually nothing compared to like a dota lobby or a CS:GO lobby or any other competitive game.

    And a cash-grab battle pass is just standard for a video game these days? At least there is no-nonsense character progression instead of progression-by-lootboxes.

    Nobody is forcing you to buy it.

    Well we got a white knight for bhvr here.

  • @MegaWaffle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/806238#Comment_806238

    Evolve had promise in the beginning but then they made changes everyone hated.

    Isn't bhvr doing that right now? Like nerfing Nurse even after ptb is over?

  • @daryth84 said:

    I'm sorry Behavior, I've bought all your DLC and paid for a few skins in the past, but this battlepass "Rift" is too rich for my blood. Your game was balancing on a pegged leg when it came out, it has flourished on the most basic of luck in the industry purely because it had more to offer than F13 and because Evolve became hot garbage, this though is going too far.

    I like battlepasses, I play PUBG and Fortnite, and I find it's a fair way to earn the gear and skins. There's just a couple key problems here, you can't earn any extra Aurics in the pass than what the next season is worth, there is only 70 levels and not 100, and you dont have enough original skins to make me want to pay 10$ for aesthetics alone. Maybe if you had sold the pass at a cheaper rate to begin since it's new, and maybe if you offered some Aurics in the Free part of the pass as well, to compensate and give incentive to want to get them from your store to buy others I would feel more inclined. Maybe you could go FTP and refund players who purchased all your DLC and game with Aurics.

    As it stands though, you're simply selling mostly repainted skins that i already paid for and then making me work may ass off to get them.

    P.S. I'll peak back when your pass is a bit more reasonable and you have enough animators to fill it properly.

    "So long and thanks for all the fish."

    I thought that this update was going to be great even tho the cosmetics are mediocre at best but no they ramp up the grind of the rift to absurd levels (they've stated that the rift was going to be casual friendly which is a blatant lie) to force you into buying the tiers.

    I'm taking a break from dbd and will come back when they iron up the glaring issues.

    Keep in mind that this game costs money and with all of it's dlc it's quite a bit so there is no excuse for such scuminess. A lot of free to play games have a fair, more rewarding battle pass.

  • @pemberley said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/806271#Comment_806271

    I feel sorry for you that you cannot see why dbd’s battle pass is unfair, and that you think it’s okay for multi million dollar companies to take advantage of you and your wallet.

    “Nobody’s forcing you” is a lie and it’s what they WANT you to think as they create impossible circumstances that strongly encourage you to buy into their system that uses real money to bypass such roadblocks.

    Loot boxes and battle passes are cut from the same gambling cloth - you are not getting what you pay for, but a CHANCE to get what you want.

    Take a breath, repeat after me:

    Nobody is forcing me to buy cosmetics.

    There is literally nothing "gambly" about a battlepass. You can just wait until the end to buy it and know what you'll get.

    Whatever these "impossible" circumstances are that are forcing you to buy a battlepass, you really need to toughen up or get better with your money, cause life is WAY harder than not spending 10 bucks on killer skins in DBD.

    Jesus christ people.

  • Uh oh someone has an opinion...must be riding bhvr's dick...

  • @pemberley said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/806271#Comment_806271

    I feel sorry for you that you cannot see why dbd’s battle pass is unfair, and that you think it’s okay for multi million dollar companies to take advantage of you and your wallet.

    “Nobody’s forcing you” is a lie and it’s what they WANT you to think as they create impossible circumstances that strongly encourage you to buy into their system that uses real money to bypass such roadblocks.

    Loot boxes and battle passes are cut from the same gambling cloth - you are not getting what you pay for, but a CHANCE to get what you want.

    You can't compare lootboxes with a battlepass.. how moronic.... you can literally see everything you will get and make an informed decision as to buy it or not... if you dont like the skins... skip it... if you do... buy it.. this whole argument about the battle pass is stupid...

  • @daryth84 said:

    I'm sorry Behavior, I've bought all your DLC and paid for a few skins in the past, but this battlepass "Rift" is too rich for my blood. Your game was balancing on a pegged leg when it came out, it has flourished on the most basic of luck in the industry purely because it had more to offer than F13 and because Evolve became hot garbage, this though is going too far.

    I like battlepasses, I play PUBG and Fortnite, and I find it's a fair way to earn the gear and skins. There's just a couple key problems here, you can't earn any extra Aurics in the pass than what the next season is worth, there is only 70 levels and not 100, and you dont have enough original skins to make me want to pay 10$ for aesthetics alone. Maybe if you had sold the pass at a cheaper rate to begin since it's new, and maybe if you offered some Aurics in the Free part of the pass as well, to compensate and give incentive to want to get them from your store to buy others I would feel more inclined. Maybe you could go FTP and refund players who purchased all your DLC and game with Aurics.

    As it stands though, you're simply selling mostly repainted skins that i already paid for and then making me work may ass off to get them.

    P.S. I'll peak back when your pass is a bit more reasonable and you have enough animators to fill it properly.

    "So long and thanks for all the fish."

    My only issue is that none of the skins are exclusive. They have confirmed that they are gonna sell all the skins once the pass ends. Its bs. Really no other incentive. "Well its worth it because it pays back" no Mat... No. People get passes because they gain bragging rights from the exclusive skins. A charm is not worth it. No one is gonna see the exclusive charm and say WOAH no. All the re painted skins should be exclusive as well as the original ones.

  • @WickedMilk03 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/100923/peace

    My only issue is that none of the skins are exclusive. They have confirmed that they are gonna sell all the skins once the pass ends. Its bs. Really no other incentive. "Well its worth it because it pays back" no Mat... No. People get passes because they gain bragging rights from the exclusive skins. A charm is not worth it. No one is gonna see the exclusive charm and say WOAH no. All the re painted skins should be exclusive as well as the original ones.

    Well as I hate this battlepass...


    You are wrong.


    All "store exclusive" cosmetics cost $10 a piece.


    So assuming that they will release the rift skins after the current rift is done, means each rift skin will cost $10 each. (For a full set) ($4/$5 for them separately)


    So... do you want to pay: $10 to get everything?


    Or do you want to pay $155 worth of cosmetics in bulk?


    $10 or $155?


    You get 93.55% off for doing the rift.


    Screenshot_20191103-120849_Chrome.jpg

    So you save $145 by doing the rift. And that's why it's not exclusive.

  • @Micheal_Myers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/807252#Comment_807252

    Well as I hate this battlepass...

    You are wrong.

    All "store exclusive" cosmetics cost $10 a piece.

    So assuming that they will release the rift skins after the current rift is done, means each rift skin will cost $10 each. (For a full set) ($4/$5 for them separately)

    So... do you want to pay: $10 to get everything?

    Or do you want to pay $155 worth of cosmetics in bulk?

    $10 or $155?

    You get 93.55% off for doing the rift.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/245/WOHXGBZLHQQ9.jpg

    So you save $145 by doing the rift. And that's why it's not exclusive.

    I never said anything about it being cost efficient. It isnt exclusive to the battle pass if they re sell the battle pass skins regardless of price. If someone sees I have this skin that isnt in the store they would be jealous and start paying for the pass. Thats how it works. I dont want to use a skin and have someone say "nice skin you paid for in the store" I want them to say "omg cool skin omg where did u get it? oh you worked for it? wow ur pee pee so big" THATS WHAT I WANT. THEY SHOULDNT RE SELL THE PASS SKINS NO OTHER GAME DOES THAT.

  • @WickedMilk03 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/807306#Comment_807306

    I never said anything about it being cost efficient. It isnt exclusive to the battle pass if they re sell the battle pass skins regardless of price. If someone sees I have this skin that isnt in the store they would be jealous and start paying for the pass. Thats how it works. I dont want to use a skin and have someone say "nice skin you paid for in the store" I want them to say "omg cool skin omg where did u get it? oh you worked for it? wow ur pee pee so big" THATS WHAT I WANT. THEY SHOULDNT RE SELL THE PASS SKINS NO OTHER GAME DOES THAT.

    Well.. call of duty does lol.

  • @pemberley said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/806271#Comment_806271

    I feel sorry for you that you cannot see why dbd’s battle pass is unfair, and that you think it’s okay for multi million dollar companies to take advantage of you and your wallet.

    “Nobody’s forcing you” is a lie and it’s what they WANT you to think as they create impossible circumstances that strongly encourage you to buy into their system that uses real money to bypass such roadblocks.

    Loot boxes and battle passes are cut from the same gambling cloth - you are not getting what you pay for, but a CHANCE to get what you want.

    But nobody is forcing you. If you don't want to buy the pass, you're free not to.

  • So he's giving up the game because he didn't spend his money well?

  • @Fibijean said:

    I'm a little confused, why does it matter that the pass is 70 levels rather than 100?

    I would rather have less levels then spread out the loot even more and make us work harder. If anything I spent 10 bucks to get some cosmetics and the new charms. Not bad in my opinion but I also play a lot so I feel like I'm going through the pass at an okay rate