This can't be RNG anymore

90% of the time I get a skillcheck at the exact time when a teammate gets hooked. Can a Dev look into it? Might be a bug in the rng system

Comments

  • I find these are the only skill checks I miss, cause I get distracted by the hooking, then in the loud noise of the hooking a silent skill check appears.

  • I find the skill checks you get a millisecond after you get off of a gen annoying

  • It's total luck. Someone else getting hooked has no impact on your skill checks.

  • @Peanits said:

    It's total luck. Someone else getting hooked has no impact on your skill checks.

    I doubt it, it's happening to frequently besides the fact that I see this happening on streams aswell. I can record one match to show this, it really happens to frequently.

  • Remember, 85% of all percentages are made up by the person stating it.

  • @TAG said:

    Remember, 85% of all percentages are made up by the person stating it.

    92% actually.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/802158#Comment_802158

    Because it happens for you doesn't mean it happens to everyone. I can confirm that this isn't an issue I experience. It's just up to chance.

    I just said I see this happening on other streams, are you even reading?

  • @justarandy said:

    90% of the time I get a skillcheck at the exact time when a teammate gets hooked. Can a Dev look into it? Might be a bug in the rng system

    Maybe if you did nothing but totems no-one will ever get hooked.

  • I think it's just because timing is so tight. When you anticipate someone may go down soon you'll steam onwards to make some progress.

  • @justarandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/802072#Comment_802072

    I doubt it, it's happening to frequently besides the fact that I see this happening on streams aswell. I can record one match to show this, it really happens to frequently.

    It's definitely just because you're looking for it. You'll get skill checks just as much any other time, they're just not as notable because there's no other loud noises when they appear so you think nothing of them. They're just another ordinary every day skill check.

    Every second, there's a chance for a skill check to appear. Barring a few perks like Overcharge, Spine Chill, etc., there's nothing that'll force a skill (or even give a chance to force a skill check) when somebody else does something.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/802183#Comment_802183

    Yes I did read it. But a community manager has just responded and said this isn't true. Because it happened to you and some streams doesn't mean is a game wide issue. As already established, it is up to chance.

    A community manager can't be aware of every bugs. A lot of bugs get found by the playerbase, so your point is absolutly illogical and can be tossed into the bin, sorry.

  • @justarandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/802205#Comment_802205

    A community manager can't be aware of every bugs. A lot of bugs get found by the playerbase, so your point is absolutly illogical and can be tossed into the bin, sorry.

    You haven't done anything to remotely support the possibility that your claim might be true, so why should we believe you?

  • @justarandy said:

    90% of the time I get a skillcheck at the exact time when a teammate gets hooked. Can a Dev look into it? Might be a bug in the rng system


    image.png image.png


    image.png


  • @justarandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/802205#Comment_802205

    A community manager can't be aware of every bugs. A lot of bugs get found by the playerbase, so your point is absolutly illogical and can be tossed into the bin, sorry.

    So what is the point of the discussion then? If you post here for answers and who is in charge just give it you and you don't accept it... What's the point? Ofc they can't be aware of 100%, of bugs, but still they are fully aware of the situation and status of game more then the players are. I do understand what your issues are, I also think you should accept his answer as: it random with no external factors changing that!

  • A lot of skillchecks probably happen while you are doing a gen (duh), and you are probably doing a lot of gens while the killer is busy with a different survivor. When he is done, the poor guy gets hooked. So a lot of survivors get hooked while you are doing gens. Of course a lot of skillchecks happen while a survivor is being put on the hook.

    There's a difference between correllation and causation.