Before we nerf more killers according to kill ratio...
Shouldn't the ranking system be fixed so it can accurately measure and rank skill?
I mean, how can this decision be made well if the data it's based on is flawed, skewed, or otherwise inaccurate?
I mean, how can you get consistent data over a good period of time like this if ranks are reset every month?
This way the data will actually give a clearer and more accurate indication of the strength of various killers at all ranks and it would also highlight weaker killers if their ratios go down as the rank increases.
Maybe that's where the core of the balance problems lie in dbd.
With all this talk about spirit nerfs I thought I'd chime in with this thought.
The ranking system should accurately measure skill before more perk and power changes are made.
Comments
This is true, I am rank 3 survivor right now after probably a week or so of playing and I do not feel like I deserve it (I've played with other red ranks that put me to shame).
The thing is that it isn't really a "ranking" system like other games, where the rank distribution is % based. Here, if we all farmed with the killer every match so we all basically max out our categories, everyone would be in red ranks.
Skill? Whats that?
Nurse, M2 M2 M1 = win
Spirit, stand still = win
Billy, Hold M2 = win
Hag, draw fancy triangles in the basement = win
No skill involved here. Nerf away!
š
Not bait, truth incarnate
"Shouldn't the ranking system be fixed so it can accurately measure and rank skill?"
That just might be impossible. How to create system that can always determine skillful gameplay. How do you measure and differentiate mindgames, luck, pressure, decision making on both sides (like when it's right choice to camp as killer or just focus gens as survivor) and so much more.
Current system tries to do that but it's more of how well can you farm for certain categories. You can't win too fast as either side since that isn't skillful or devs seem to think so, you have to either be equals or toy with the side you're crushing. Tbh I don't think devs devisedĀ ranking system to encourage skillful gameplay but rather "fun" gameplay.
Anyway as devs recently said balancing isn't based on kill rate but rather on how fun/fair certain mechaincs are. Take nurse for example, people disliked that she can rapidly snowball and fast blink all the time so they added cooldown to give more wiggle time to lose LOS. Same changes await Doc, I bet his passive sceam mechanic is going away when they change him since it's not "fun" for survivors to be revealed so easily.
I haven't watched it yet but I will tonight. I did come up with a possible solution to the ranking by skill problem a few months ago...
https://youtu.be/2zFQHbefX3M