Blocking Hooks
So I want to know how do you counter survivors body blocking hooks?
It makes it near impossible to hook a survivor that you're carrying if you have one blocking hooks and flash in you.
Just played a match on xb1 where they were blocking a hook and pushing me away from the hook canceling my animation meter
It makes it near impossible to hook a survivor that you're carrying if you have one blocking hooks and flash in you.
Just played a match on xb1 where they were blocking a hook and pushing me away from the hook canceling my animation meter
Comments
i hate it too.... BUT it is actually a strategy. i would say that you have no right to claim they can't block hooks. the problem i have is that camping and tunneling are strategies too. and they constantly complain about it.... so carry on, sir....
Just hit them. You might not get the hook, but you'll have at least 1 more injured person to deal with.
lmmfao. right on....
Self heal with flashlight is a good set up
self heal is getting nerfed....
But when you get to the good players all they do is body block
I can get past the flashlight if I turn my back to it..
Or don't pick up the down player if I see one coming with a light.
Its just body blocking the hooks with 2 players and pushing you away..
Honestly they should add in if a player is standing under the hook you can instantly down them or track them for 60 seconds
I would also like to see a penalty for standing up close to the killer for certain amount of time. Maybe blurred vision
It would be a nice perk
Gotta love the double standards.
It's because there's counter play with survivors that body block.
If you're talking about nowadays, then sure. If you're talking about before, like I thought you were, then that was an exploit so people couldn't even click on the dude.
Iron grasp III makes it take almost twice as long to wiggle off a shoulder, combine that perk with slugging the hook blockers and they'll move away rather than get downed.
Some people would recommend agitation rather than iron grasp, I would personally recommend iron grasp as it has way more value versus multiple hook blockers the closer to a hook you are.
Self heal while in a chase is the only thing about it being nerfed.
I play the Nurse on XB1 with Lightborn, Iron Grasp, Agitation, and Hangman's Trick. I call it my Over-the-Counter Nurse.
I might not be able to track stealthy survivors, or BBQ my way across the map to where I need to be, but IF I do find and down a survivor Decisive Strike is the only thing stopping me from hooking them. Plus I get free hits on flashlight heroes.
Anytime he hit one of us we just healed fast with the others body blocking.
We got away every time
The Nurse has slow movements so its hard for her to move. The only way is to bait them to basement hooks
That´s why the whole "just hit them" is a joke. A coordinated team can negate a killer every hook. There is nothing he can do about it.
Uh, no. Bad idea. Much easier to smack them and this is unfair to the survs. We can block the stairs, they can block the hook. Till both are gone both stay.
If you are constantly getting body blocked then you must learn to deal with this. Equip that perk, what is it called, unrelenting, if you are that worried about not being able to smack enough out of your way.
I use agitation to get to the hook faster than they can. So many times when i pick up a surv i can hear another in the background running to the hook in vain as i am much faster.
Rush gens then once one get caught rush killer block hooks predict which one.
More then likely they'll sabatoge your hooks in one area
Body block , flash him and camp his hooks easy win.
Then rush gens
Please don´t give tips like this. Unrelenting won´t help him, since it only helps for MISSED hits. But if 3 survivors are blocking the hook, you can hit all 3 and the survivor on your shoulder gets free. Unless you downed the survivor right next to it.
Basement blocking is NOT the same as hook blocking. How often do you encounter a killer who blocks survivors in the basement? I´ve never been blocked myself. But i had tons of times where survivors blocked the hook. Hook blocking shouldn´t be even possible, since killers can´t block the hook anymore.
I was not fully aware of the perk and should not have said that then. I assumed, wrongly, that you are able to just hit away. I dont use that perk at all and thought it recovered hitting cycles faster but i guess there are conditions attached. OK, fair enough. I stand corrected.
Good intentions but bad info.
However hitting them is one of the ways to deal with them if you combine with perk use. Seeing how i almost never have to deal with 3 BB i am not that versed in it. I run agitation 3 and almost always get the hook before they do. At most i have had to deal with two and once you smack one out the way the other gets the point or also gets a smack at which point they also run.
A combined IG and AGi is a total waste but would most defo deal with 3 BB np at all. You would get to the hook faster than they could unless they are already waiting at the hook. You could even drop the surv at the risk of them healing the downed one but wouold most likely trad eone downed one for another. Healing nerfs coming in so that might help. You could do a fake leave and turn around having the time to do so using IG.
For me though BB is not an issue at all. 1 is the norm for me with the odd 2 thrown in.
Unrelenting only reduces the cool down of missed attacks.
Thanks. Somebody else informed me as well. Took it onboard and i stand corrected.
If the rumours are true, we´ll get an event like Howling Grounds. Then we´ll encounter a lot of hook blocking.
Last time it was so terrible, i had to equip both IG and Agitation. Otherwise no chance to hook someone on a special hook.
Hit them as soon as you can, free hits are always welcome. Dont wait till you reach the hook before hitting them because you will be too late. Especially with a clunky controller.
If you encounter this a lot, you can equip IG + Agitation or slug everyone (deerstalker + knock out works wonders)