Healing instead of repairing

Hello. I repaired a generator at 99%. The killer hit me but instead of start to repair the generator, I started to heal myself. It's more frustrating when you have adrenaline. I could repair it but the game decided to heal me.

Comments

  • Weird. Never happened to me tho.

  • One more reason why self care screws you over

  • What I've learned is that if you hold shift, then you won't be able to Self Care. So if you get into such a situation again just hold shift and you'll be able to repair the gen/unhook a teammate without the risk of Self Caring. Though that was like a year and a half ago back when I used Self Care, dunno if they've changed it.

  • I just don't run self care...

    Healing doesn't matter anyway since they slowed it into oblivion.

  • LMAO


    Don't try to pop a gen in the killers face then!

    Or don't run self-care!

  • Why are you using Self Care with Adrenaline.


    Actually why are you using Self Care, period.

  • Ugh, I've had this happen. Trying to repair and I go into self-care and vice versa. Or, when I try to heal someone else and instead I start healing myself. :)

  • @Sherry said:

    Ugh, I've had this happen. Trying to repair and I go into self-care and vice versa. Or, when I try to heal someone else and instead I start healing myself. :)

    Then don't run self-care


    So many other perks are better

  • I have had a similar thing happen to me when I try to heal my teammate but I throw a pallet down instead, it also happens when I am waiting at a pallet and get hit because the game wants me to mend instead.

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/795781#Comment_795781

    Then don't run self-care

    So many other perks are better

    I run self-care, because I can't always find teammates to heal me up. In fact, they sometimes run away from me when I'm trying to get healed. So, I just run self-care, so I don't have to worry about that if it happens.

    I don't like to bring a med kit, because I think it makes it easier for the killer to spot you with the big red box. I could be wrong, because I don't play killer too much.

  • @Sherry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/795783#Comment_795783

    I run self-care, because I can't always find teammates to heal me up. In fact, they sometimes run away from me when I'm trying to get healed. So, I just run self-care, so I don't have to worry about that if it happens.

    I don't like to bring a med kit, because I think it makes it easier for the killer to spot you with the big red box. I could be wrong, because I don't play killer too much.

    You would see the survivor first instead of the dark red box


    Self-care heals you way slower than a med kit, and uses up more time


    Pretty much self-care is a waste of a perk slot and pharmacy is a better slot imo

  • @Sherry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/795783#Comment_795783

    I run self-care, because I can't always find teammates to heal me up. In fact, they sometimes run away from me when I'm trying to get healed. So, I just run self-care, so I don't have to worry about that if it happens.

    I don't like to bring a med kit, because I think it makes it easier for the killer to spot you with the big red box. I could be wrong, because I don't play killer too much.

    I'd recommend either Bond to find your teammates or Inner Strength. They both work better than Self Care at this point.

  • Inner strength might be cool, but I haven't bought Nancy yet.

  • Self care is a selfish perk and backfires often. It may be my favorite Killer perk. :P