If Your Screen Name Includes The Following Parts...
If Your Screen Name Includes The Following Parts...
- The word “Toxic”
- -yt
- -ttv
- xXblahblahXx
- lewd or distasteful references
.....Then shouldn’t you pretty well expect what you’ve got coming to you? Why DC when you asked for the extra attention? (and 95% of the time your behavior during the match confirms what we suspect we’ll see.) Why cry on the forums when you get lobby-dodged? Why get all salty when you did it to yourself?
Sure, there may be a few respectful players in this category. Still, it speaks volumes when anyone who reads this will automatically know exactly what sort of player I’m referring to when they see these screen name parts. The correlation is there, and it’s strong! These players did it to themselves....
Surely there were some screen name pieces I forgot about. Feel free to complete my list!
Comments
Why should someone deserve to get tunneled or camped or whatever because of their username?
Not that I’m advocating tunneling or camping (I hate them, so I don’t do them), but by the time the tunneling/camping occurs, certain behaviors will very likely have already been exhibited.
The screen name simply alerts the killer to the fact that this opponent will probably be toxic. This, therefore would put many killers in the mindset of “if your butt cleans the ground in front of me just 3 times, then that’s no accident and you’re mine!”
I’m confused as to why xXnamehereXX is bad.
Well, if they are actually toxic then do whatever you want I guess but no one should assume someone is definitely toxic just by their username.
My PSN is simple and I love it.
Maybe your experiences have been different than mine, but when I see a bunch of X’s or Z’s in the name, 9 times out of 10 they exhibit the toxic trifecta (clicky-clicky, hyper t-bagging, spam a pallet vault when not being chased.)
I play on PS4, so maybe I see a different crowd than you.
@arslaN You’re right of course. The name alone isn’t enough evidence, but if they ARE toxic then they get what they get.
If they’re not toxic, their name may lead to significantly higher frustration than they should have to endure in form of lobby dodges. (I don’t dodge lobbies anymore, though I used to when I was a newer player. Even then, I could usually tell from the name that it was going to be “that kind of match”. And most of the time I was right. If I were to dodge nowadays, that would be part of the criteria I’d look at. That being said, I’m sure others look at the same thing.)
After having yet another game with one of these types, the high correlation between the name and the behavior prompted me to make this thread.
I guess I'm weird. I never pay attention to people's names.
I’m on PS4 too
I mean. My screen name is just a fictional monster followed by my lucky number, guessing 208 managed to get me a sick ass planes walker for magic the gathering (for context a guy was giving away 500 cards and whatever number we said we got) and it was an awsome minotaur pirate
Don't forget the various iterations of 'Hex'
Well, Hex:Devour Booty, you will be missed.
The name could be a good indication on whether you should bring a mori or not, while the actions could indicate if you should USE it. Ive had games where Ive brought a mori and never used it.