A look to the past. Wouldn't you love to be able to choose between new and old Freddy?

I mean, I loved old Freddy, it took brain to use him. Could it be possible that the Devs make it an option to switch between the old and new abilities for Freddy?

I mean, it would sell that DLC even more right?

EDIT: I'm not saying to take the new Freddy out, but to add the option of being the new or the old one at the killer's choosing menu. He could even be added again as another killer with old movies Freddy skin. The new Freddy is here to stay, but how about ADDING the old one too

Comments

  • Freddy was changed for a reason, Legion getting an add on that brings him back to his state before his rework is not happening so this won't.

    Both were a problem and not good for the game.

    Everyone was asking for a rework, what's the point of reworking killers at all if you're gonna want their old version in an add on, might as well make every buff to a Killer happen in a form of an add on and not base kit.

  • Removing old Freddy feels like something very special just got taken away. He wasn't the strongest, but he was so much fun to play, juggling between multiple survivors putting them into sleep etc.

    I really wish both Freddy would be available. Would also spice it up for survivors.

  • @OMagic_ManO said:

    Freddy was changed for a reason, Legion getting an add on that brings him back to his state before his rework is not happening so this won't.

    Both were a problem and not good for the game.

    This change would just add content, and the main complaints were that he was too WEAK, which came from noob killers... The new Freddy is amazing, but the old Freddy was really fun to play as. I'm not saying "take Freddy to where he was", I'm saying "I want that TOO"

  • Old Freddy had the ultimate wallhack. Even the little faces he had in his hand when he put a survivor to asleep was good. He had no collision plus was invisible which was the whole point of Freddy's concept in the movies. Only time he was visible was to sleep survivors which to me was what made it more creepy especially when your own teammates couldn't help you without being put to sleep.

  • I miss old Freddy. New Freddy is great but the old one was more fun in my opinion. Being able to choose which one you wanted to play would be cool

  • @Carlosylu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/783969#Comment_783969

    This change would just add content, and the main complaints were that he was too WEAK, which came from noob killers... The new Freddy is amazing, but the old Freddy was really fun to play as. I'm not saying "take Freddy to where he was", I'm saying "I want that TOO"

    For new Survivors, he was too hard to counter, NOT ONLY to add to that, if you did have an add on to make him like old Freddy, none of the add ons currently would make sense to apply to him, cause none of the add ons are part of his power and not needed as an ability in his old power per say.

    He was changed because he was considered bs and not balanced at all, now he is.

  • Something different as well. I want to play old DBD version in KYF

  • Despite how weak he was, old Freddy was not fun to face. I'd rather not see him come back.

  • No, old Freddy is gone and good riddance.

  • I miss Old Freddy. I actually preferred Old Freddy. New Freddy is just too much.

  • Where's the "ditch new freddy because hes unfun to play and face and is uninteractive and boring and give me my main back" option?

  • I'd say no for the simple fact that the changes were for the benefit of both sides, not just me (as the killer). Even if the killer loves old Freddy and wants to play him, sitting on a generator working at half speed (or less) hoping that RNG would grace me with a skill check so I could miss it wasn't very exciting.

  • I'm putting a caveat on my vote. I only want to be able to choose between new and old on custom games.

  • Old Freddy was not fun to play as or against imo

  • I prefer old Freddy. He has more of an individuality to him. He had some clear weak points but he had so much more variety with him so that you could still play while posing valid threat.

  • Should probably elaborate - I think Old Freddy needed changes, as does Spirit and current Freddy for the sake of fun, but at least I felt like I was playing the game over spam snares and bloodlust.

  • Misinterpreted the vote- thought it meant old Fred and remake Fred x3

  • Old Freddy is a killer purely designed to make you not wanna face him as all he did was tunnel pretty much


    New Freddy has so much design to him that now he is pretty powerful and not the worst killer in the game

  • Giving an option would defeat the entire purpose of creating new Freddy. It's time to accept that old Freddy is gone.

  • Honestly there was little funnier than faking a window vault and seeing old freddy inside.

  • Imagine if people started to ask for other broken killers like old Legion. Even if old freddy wasn't too hard to play aginst I hated him since he was the most anti stealth looping encouraging killer in the game.

  • I'm all for more options

  • @Peanits said:

    I'd say no for the simple fact that the changes were for the benefit of both sides, not just me (as the killer). Even if the killer loves old Freddy and wants to play him, sitting on a generator working at half speed (or less) hoping that RNG would grace me with a skill check so I could miss it wasn't very exciting.

    The changes was not changed for the killers. It was purely survivor feedback and/or killers that enjoyed tunneling that got him reworked. Old Freddy players like myself only wanted the dream transition to cancel out any current actions being done. And his rework even tho it is really good. I and i think many other former Freddy mains find it to be a major nerf to Freddy's top potential.

    And not to say the least the fun factor that he had for me is completely gone. Since i enjoy the hit and run tactics alot and that was the ONLY killer that rewarded that type of playstyle heavily.

    And personally i found it to be very exciting to get out of dream world as a survivor because i knew how crucial it was to my survival. Now i never bother to wake up since it isn't really needed anymore.

  • I was one of the people who didn't mind facing the old freddie. Indeed, I found him fun.

    But... I like the new one better. He's easier to use and has a viable defense. If they brought back the old one, they'd still have to tweak him because his lack of defense made him weak as hell.

    So it's a big fat NO from me. He's a good killer now - leave him the F alone.

  • @FrenziedRoach said:

    I was one of the people who didn't mind facing the old freddie. Indeed, I found him fun.

    But... I like the new one better. He's easier to use and has a viable defense. If they brought back the old one, they'd still have to tweak him because his lack of defense made him weak as hell.

    So it's a big fat NO from me. He's a good killer now - leave him the F alone.

    You DIDN'T read, it's not to change him back, it's to bring an option to play as any of them both, you could pick to use the old one OR the new one, a FREDDY abilities pick option.

  • @Karltastisk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/784036#Comment_784036

    The changes was not changed for the killers. It was purely survivor feedback and/or killers that enjoyed tunneling that got him reworked. Old Freddy players like myself only wanted the dream transition to cancel out any current actions being done. And his rework even tho it is really good. I and i think many other former Freddy mains find it to be a major nerf to Freddy's top potential.

    And not to say the least the fun factor that he had for me is completely gone. Since i enjoy the hit and run tactics alot and that was the ONLY killer that rewarded that type of playstyle heavily.

    And personally i found it to be very exciting to get out of dream world as a survivor because i knew how crucial it was to my survival. Now i never bother to wake up since it isn't really needed anymore.

    The changes were for everyone. A lot of killers did not like him before and he was widely regarded at the worst killer. Of course there's going to be a few people out there that did like him, but the vast majority of people were not happy with him.

  • @Karltastisk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/784036#Comment_784036

    The changes was not changed for the killers. It was purely survivor feedback and/or killers that enjoyed tunneling that got him reworked. Old Freddy players like myself only wanted the dream transition to cancel out any current actions being done. And his rework even tho it is really good. I and i think many other former Freddy mains find it to be a major nerf to Freddy's top potential.

    And not to say the least the fun factor that he had for me is completely gone. Since i enjoy the hit and run tactics alot and that was the ONLY killer that rewarded that type of playstyle heavily.

    And personally i found it to be very exciting to get out of dream world as a survivor because i knew how crucial it was to my survival. Now i never bother to wake up since it isn't really needed anymore.

    Plenty of killers thought Freddy was bad. The ones who loved old Freddy were a vocal minority.

    He's not coming back. You're wasting your breath.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/784161#Comment_784161

    The changes were for everyone. A lot of killers did not like him before and he was widely regarded at the worst killer. Of course there's going to be a few people out there that did like him, but the vast majority of people were not happy with him.

    Was there a poll? Or was this just based on comments and perception of the comunity?

    I'm politely asking, don't get me wrong

  • @Carlosylu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/784212#Comment_784212

    Was there a poll? Or was this just based on comments and perception of the comunity?

    I'm politely asking, don't get me wrong

    No poll, but general feedback combined with the incredibly low usage rate. Basically a lot of people saying they didn't like it and the stats showing that not a lot of people wanted to play him either.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/784217#Comment_784217

    No poll, but general feedback combined with the incredibly low usage rate. Basically a lot of people saying they didn't like it and the stats showing that not a lot of people wanted to play him either.

    I LOVE STATISTICS! When are you guys releasing the next ones? I've seen the ones from may, but I'd love to see more! Thanks for your work BTW

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I want to chime in here as I have room to speak.

    I main Freddy as my Killer. I used to use Myers second until I got Ghost Face. I play Leatherface if I want to be mean and camp/basement camp.

    Freddy was also the first Killer I prestige 3 level 50ed. All back as old Freddy. He was the first Killer I really tried.

    That said, I played Freddy when he first came out. I purchased the game around the time Halloween Myers update came out. But, didn't really start playing it until Freddy came out. I'm a huge Freddy fan and would, without a moment hesitation, drop money down for DLC that had a Freddy costume based on Robert Freddy with some voice clips from Robert.

    That all being said. I mean, seriously, wow. Freddy was horrible. I cut my teeth in this game with him and.... here's a pun.... he was a nightmare to play as. Seriously. He was baaaaaaad.

    Freddy single handily taught me to camp and tunnel off hook. Mostly because it took so damn long for people to fall asleep to hit them and SWF voice meant everyone just found each other and woke each other up if you didn't tunnel them. Camping allowed me to tag incoming player and off the hook player back into sleep. If I could down quick enough the person off the hook, I might be able to go hit the saving person if their SWF voice squad didn't wake them up already. The more people were asleep, the more you could see how well the coordinated with voice. Three sleeping people run away to opposite sides of the map, then all group up and are woken up one after another. How did they all know to converge on the same spot and wake up after running to different sides of the map almost every single game? I wonder.... how I wonder..... (hard eye roll.) That was the only thing old Freddy was good for; telling you how many SWF voice players were in your lobby. (Newsflash, a lot.)

    He was not fun to play as at all.

    New Freddy is much, much, much better. His teleport allows him to be one of the few Killers with map pressure and he can use his teleport for mind games and distraction. It's sweet.

    Blood pallets are fun to play with; but I rarely use them. I see them as a cool gimmick. Maybe if I used them more I would get better use out of them. They make for a good "gotcha" moment. But, you basically have to either luck out or corral players into them and it's kind of hard for me to do that. If I got better at that, I might change my mind.

    That said, blood snares are AMAZING! I'm not great at it yet, but they can be used to help shut down loops. I use them for intel. If a gen has a lot of work done on it, blood snare all sides of it. Put a dangerous Survivor on the hook? Blood snare every side of it. Have Hex Ruin? Blood snare my totem so I know it's been found and I can go defend it. Gens done? Blood snare each exit gate switch so I know which side people are trying to open. The uses are near endless.

    All in all, new Freddy was a blessing and I enjoy him much more. He is actually a capable Killer. There is no reason to look back to the old. It was a sad, hate filled time of missery and sorrow. Deep, deep sorrow.

    Oof... i stopped reading when you said old Freddy single handedly taught you to tunnel and camp...

    no wonder you taught he was bad when you played towards his weakness instead of his strenghts.

    old freddy was a beast. And anyone claiming otherwise simply didn’t know How to play him.

  • I guess the option to switch would be okay, but good luck with that: They deemed him unfun to play as and against, and since he's replaced, it means there's no more changes happening to him, and no more changes in turn means no opinions will change either.