Is everything ok with bhvr?

The event got postponed... and now the shrine got posted wrong. I'm starting to get worried.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Is everything ok with BHVR?

    Lol I don't think it was ever ok? I don't think that mental issues can be called ok.

  • @BunnyTheHutt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/783242#Comment_783242

    I disagree, I find the special gen and hook thing dumb, and not a real event since nothing is different from the base game. At least with the Lunar lamps and the plants there was something extra to do, and it gave the game some much needed length difference from the constant gen grind.

    adding a second objective in the plants is perfect because it does slow the game down, and thus makes high ranks less sweaty and more casual. No one likes running ruin or 4 slow down perks every game, but with extra objectives killers have some breathing room for other perks.

    there is a system already too track DC's and suicides, the devs simply can't tell how the person dc'd, which is why no one is punished for it, but it is being tracked. So they can absolutely punish survivors who are clearly just farming vials then suicideing on hook.

    Killer vial grinding was bad, but to be fair that was the first time BHVR did an event that was an actual event, and it's unreasonable too think they would simply keep it the same and not tweak the numbers too be better.

    Like I said, if they could than they would've already done it by now. If I had a nickle for everytime someone died on a hook i'd have a decent amount of cash in my pocket...

    Suicide by hook isn't looked at the same way as DCing is, yet its pretty much the same thing so I don't see why it isn't personally. And if it is, than they don't exactly tell us that.

    I could tell you 100 more times why the Hallowed Blight event was flawed in every-way based on how you collected the nectar alone, but it's getting us no where so i'm gonna just stop talking about it now. The only event that was unique that was actually enjoyable was the Moonrise event because the 2nd objective didn't take 30 seconds to complete and you wouldn't get bonus tokens if you just died on the hook with the lamp...

    You actually HAD to escape! That's what the Hallowed Blight should've done... you should only be awarded with the vials if you escape with it, not if you just get it full and die...

  • @FireHazard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/787226#Comment_787226

    Like I said, if they could than they would've already done it by now. If I had a nickle for everytime someone died on a hook i'd have a decent amount of cash in my pocket...

    Suicide by hook isn't looked at the same way as DCing is, yet its pretty much the same thing so I don't see why it isn't personally. And if it is, than they don't exactly tell us that.

    I could tell you 100 more times why the Hallowed Blight event was flawed in every-way based on how you collected the nectar alone, but it's getting us no where so i'm gonna just stop talking about it now. The only event that was unique that was actually enjoyable was the Moonrise event because the 2nd objective didn't take 30 seconds to complete and you wouldn't get bonus tokens if you just died on the hook with the lamp...

    You actually HAD to escape! That's what the Hallowed Blight should've done... you should only be awarded with the vials if you escape with it, not if you just get it full and die...

    That's what's weird i thought they really moved in the right direction with the lanterns. And then they just go boring extra bp with the nectar being completely unrelated. Feels lame.

  • @CaptainCastle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/787639#Comment_787639

    That's what's weird i thought they really moved in the right direction with the lanterns. And then they just go boring extra bp with the nectar being completely unrelated. Feels lame.

    I think if they implemented the same thing as last year, the same issues would arise.

    Having it within The Archives while having Spoooky themed challenges (Or I think they're themed) is a better call... despite it not being as... "amazing" as collecting nectar was, it's a safer bet for the overall match making.

    Last time the Hallowed Blight happened, it was mostly Killers playing so the lobbies as Killer took as long as 20 minutes 10+ if you're lucky... And most people just died when they got the nectar.

    Feelsbadman, so that's kind of why it's better to have it integrated into The Archives despite it being less exciting.

  • @Tangero said:

    Nothing out of the ordinary they mess up all the time

    Our beloved devs. Way better than Bli$$ard. You can see our devs are humans, i like that.

  • @FireHazard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/787834#Comment_787834

    I think if they implemented the same thing as last year, the same issues would arise.

    Having it within The Archives while having Spoooky themed challenges (Or I think they're themed) is a better call... despite it not being as... "amazing" as collecting nectar was, it's a safer bet for the overall match making.

    Last time the Hallowed Blight happened, it was mostly Killers playing so the lobbies as Killer took as long as 20 minutes 10+ if you're lucky... And most people just died when they got the nectar.

    Feelsbadman, so that's kind of why it's better to have it integrated into The Archives despite it being less exciting.

    That's lazy man. They had a year to improve the event, did so with the moonrise event, and then decided to left turn and make it all archives based. I don't think people understand that just because behavior treats these decisions as boolean, they aren't. There is a world where they could adequately handle their workload without massive delays. Where the team they hired specifically to do events aren't just stripping existing events back to below bloodhunt levels in order to show off their fancy new revenue stream.

  • @CaptainCastle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/787857#Comment_787857

    That's lazy man. They had a year to improve the event, did so with the moonrise event, and then decided to left turn and make it all archives based. I don't think people understand that just because behavior treats these decisions as boolean, they aren't. There is a world where they could adequately handle their workload without massive delays. Where the team they hired specifically to do events aren't just stripping existing events back to below bloodhunt levels in order to show off their fancy new revenue stream.

    Take it as you will, personally I think it's a better call than what they did during last October.

    Maybe in the future we'll see more events outside of just the Halloween, Christmas, Chinese New Year events. Maybe even... Summer BBQ 2.0!

    Who knows, but for now this is how it is my dude.

  • @UlvenDagoth said:

    Peanits Dev∙Community Manager › Dev, Community Manager Posts: 3,951

    9:57AM

    I don't see how the rudeness is necessary. Everyone here is working hard to get it ready as soon as possible. This is one of the biggest updates in a long time combined with an engine update. Some things went wrong and we wouldn't feel comfortable putting the update out in the state it's in. I'm sorry if this is disappointing to you, but shoving the update out the door right now isn't a better option.

    As far as the event goes, everything will still be happening according to plan, just slightly after it was originally planned. You won't lose any days, the end date will be shifted back to match.

    @ItsYourBoyGuzma said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/97916/is-everything-ok-with-bhvr

    You should always be worried when it comes to BHVR, if something isnt disappointing/broken/delayed/not working/ then something seriosuly bad is about to happen.

    lmao now they are both banned

  • Look at Bethesda with Fallout 76, that game was awful and people were so excited for it. Some people spent hundreds of dollars buying merch and pre ordering the game before it came out and they got trash. Look at RockStar with Red Dead Redemption 2. Everyone loved the story but the multiplayer is so incredibly boring. At least BHVR attempts at meeting you’re ideal dbd

  • Some of you act as if Dbd is your partner in an overly oppressive relationship. They are better off without you.

1 2 ›