3.3.0 update or double bp later this week or we riot

Dear devs

The dissappointment from at least 3/4 of the community is insane

Unexpected issues are unpredictable and this is fine, but we can not wait another week, halloween period is now, not only the 29 30 and 31

There are 2 choices very smart to do so.

1) working hard and release the patch/event later this week

2) release a double bloodpoints event and meanwhile working on the update.

Comments

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/778721#Comment_778721

    I don't see how the rudeness is necessary. Everyone here is working hard to get it ready as soon as possible. This is one of the biggest updates in a long time combined with an engine update. Some things went wrong and we wouldn't feel comfortable putting the update out in the state it's in. I'm sorry if this is disappointing to you, but shoving the update out the door right now isn't a better option.

    As far as the event goes, everything will still be happening according to plan, just slightly after it was originally planned. You won't lose any days, the end date will be shifted back to match.

    Take the time.

    Make it shiny.

    But I'm genuinely interested in those "unforeseen circumstances".

    Did an intern drop the master branch or what ? :)

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/778881#Comment_778881

    I still can't get the infinite droning hum of the swamp boat out of my head that one patch.

    I legit disconnected every time I got that map when that sound bug was around. It was really bad.

    Or the "Oh hey you can't hear the gen on the other side of this wall, and someone can walk RIGHT BEHIND YOU and unhook and you can't hear it." bug.

    I think I remember one streamer lightly looking around a corner and you could hear the survivor on the group cause her mouth was visible... one inch back and you can't hear ANYTHING.

    I don't want ANY of that in the game. That would break it in HALF.

  • @Sinful_Dreams said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/779652#Comment_779652

    Nope. Not supporting BHVR anymore with my money after this and neither will my group of friends who quit DBD and thought of returning with the new Halloween event, but guess what? It got delayed because of mistakes on BHVR's end.

    That was potential for them to make money right there, gone.

    That was potential for them to retain older players, gone.

    That was potential for free marketing, gone.

    I can go on, but I think that should be a good of enough gist.

    If you think everyone here voicing their concerns is still going to be buying their upcoming DLCs and rift pass (which plenty of other games are doing as well) then you have no idea how wrong you are. Sure, many will continue to play, but I can assure you with each continued failure from BHVR, they not only lose costumers, but they also lose parts of their community.

    Think about this. BHVR continually releases patches with bugs in them. Let's take Stranger Things into consideration here since it is the most recent update. Have you been around any of the Bug Report sections? Frequent unstable DC's, party problems, matchmaking problems, gamebreaking bugs such as not being able to escape exit gate, no wiggle/attempt, no skill checks appearing, etc. Not to mention they haven't even fixed the trophies/achievements (Let alone publicly acknowledge it) that have been bugged since the summer.

    Now if THAT gets released, WHAT do YOU think could have caused BHVR to not release the event on time? If they delayed it because of bugs but didn't delay the Stranger Things update even though it came with a ton of bugs/unfixed bugs, what king of bug(s) do you think could have caused this delay?

    Now, expecting something in return isn't at all ridiculous. I don't care what it is they do, but something even if it's just something that helps newer players only such as double BP event being longer than usual would be appropriate. Heck, I would think it's not hard for them to tell us on the same day that they last second mentioned a delay for the event when they actually expect it to come out. Even that is enough. But nope, all we get is a 'sorry, it's delayed, no ETA'.

    I, like most people here voicing their opinions, understand that mistakes happen. However, when these mistakes are consistently being reproduced instead of their promises being delivered, it isn't excusable any longer.

    Well if you go, bye and I hope you find a game that makes you happy.

    I do wonder if Stranger Things was pushing the patch out, or they were scared cause if they delayed it ALL OF YOU WOULD DO THIS EXACT THING THAT YOU ARE DOING!

    It's a whole new engine update. Do you want the sound broken like in PTB? Do you want things to be even more buggy and tattered? I think it's funny so many people say they should take time off of DLCs and fix bugs but the second they do, this kinda thing happens.

    All of you here, I understand you are upset, and i'm not saying that you can't be upset. But don't be rude with it. There are reasons for what they are doing, and we need to trust them.

  • @UlvenDagoth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/779781#Comment_779781

    Well if you go, bye and I hope you find a game that makes you happy.

    I do wonder if Stranger Things was pushing the patch out, or they were scared cause if they delayed it ALL OF YOU WOULD DO THIS EXACT THING THAT YOU ARE DOING!

    It's a whole new engine update. Do you want the sound broken like in PTB? Do you want things to be even more buggy and tattered? I think it's funny so many people say they should take time off of DLCs and fix bugs but the second they do, this kinda thing happens.

    I understand you are upset, and i'm not saying that you can't be upset. But don't be rude with it.

    Quick question for you. Can you explain where you thought I was being rude?

  • @Sinful_Dreams said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/780233#Comment_780233

    Quick question for you. Can you explain where you thought I was being rude?

    Oh sorry, I should have made that more clear. That last part with the "I'm not saying you can't be upset, just don't be rude." was more of a general statement for the forum. I thought about it after I posted it, and will update it now to avoid the confusion. You, yourself, were being mostly level-headed.

  • @twistedmonkey

    While I kinda agree with some of your points, I also disagree with some.

    I should make clear that I do not think we should expect a double bloodhunt or deserve one, if it happens sure I will not say no to that. However you seem to kinda get confused on some things.

    This has nothing to do with family, you will always be more understanding towards your family and the people you love. We are customers, we are not friends or anything else.

    A gift is a great thing and all but when you make the promise kind like this "in 2 weeks on tuesday you will get y from me".. "wow dude, that is so generous and cool of you thanks alot man!". But in 2 weeks I have to ask "so uhm yeah about y, what happened?".

    Sometimes it is better to not say that you gift something and just gift it when it is ready because otherwise it makes you look bad.

    Also I find it very odd that they push out the halloween outfits, that you can buy already. The clown one is broken as he doesn't have a weapon or just can be seen when you have an attack animation. I thought when they released the feng and doctor outfit afterwards they sure will fix that one but they didn't. Stuff like that is a no go when you ask 10€ for an outfit.

  • @Endstille said:

    @twistedmonkey

    While I kinda agree with some of your points, I also disagree with some.

    I should make clear that I do not think we should expect a double bloodhunt or deserve one, if it happens sure I will not say no to that. However you seem to kinda get confused on some things.

    This has nothing to do with family, you will always be more understanding towards your family and the people you love. We are customers, we are not friends or anything else.

    A gift is a great thing and all but when you make the promise kind like this "in 2 weeks on tuesday you will get y from me".. "wow dude, that is so generous and cool of you thanks alot man!". But in 2 weeks I have to ask "so uhm yeah about y, what happened?".

    Sometimes it is better to not say that you gift something and just gift it when it is ready because otherwise it makes you look bad.

    Also I find it very odd that they push out the halloween outfits, that you can buy already. The clown one is broken as he doesn't have a weapon or just can be seen when you have an attack animation. I thought when they released the feng and doctor outfit afterwards they sure will fix that one but they didn't. Stuff like that is a no go when you ask 10€ for an outfit.

    While true I was just using family to symbolise a gift.

    Now not all gifts are secret and your birthday from your other half is a gift most expect if it's been the norm. My point was company or not that no one has a right to demand anything other than a working base game and the dlc they purchased.

    Now there have and always will be bugs and as I said before that is true of any online game that it ever changing. How bad the bugs are in games is a deciding factor if we enjoy playing them. For the most part the bugs are niggles and the main issue is the vast majority only affect some players which is what makes a lot of game bugs a long process than most think to fix.

    I agree the clown should be fixed asap as it's a chargable skin but I also beleive right now I would guess the resources are being used elsewhere as all the upcoming cosmetics for the rift have to be working or the patch could take even longer to release.

  • @bubbascal said:

    @UlvenDagoth How are you jailed?

    I can not tell you on this platform.

1 2 ›