I wish more content creators did videos without add ons
- Pink, purple, even green add ons get hella expensive
- No add ons would probably showcase what the killer can do AND it would be accessible for everyone with that killer - no need to fret burning valuable add ons on survivor bullies for new killers
- I feel like it would be more challenging and refreshing.
There’s this creator I enjoy watching, I started watching him for his fun and devious builds, but I am under the impression he might be having some burnout with his ideas since he’s so involved with content? And idk after a certain point, you realize pink and purple add ons make the game a lot easier - and messes with your expectations once you run out of those add ons.
This is NOT a hate or negative thread about a particular creator - like I said, I enjoy his work and he seems like a nice guy. But I notice not just him but a lot of creators tend to use the nice but expensive add ons. It would be cool if more went “naked” so there wouldn’t be a huge investment for followers and even beginners could give it a go. Maybe not feel so bad if these creators also get their butts handed to them.
Comments
I use add ons with ghostface but then end up not even needing them. I always use the add ons to mark survivors faster without cover but then never mark any. And ghostface's red addons are pretty trash so I never use those. But ghostface is a pretty solid killer without addons. I usually do pretty well with him. I would say majority of addons on killers give only a slight advantage with the exception of a few.
The problem is certain killers are atrocious to play without add-ons.
Sadly, most killers cannot do that well without certain add-ons. Playing without them is a severe handicap in some cases.
When you go in Add-onless, you'll quickly see yourself get limited to very few Killers.
Imagine playing any killer except Nurse, Billy, Spirit, or even Freddy without add ons.
(Freddy cuz most of his add ons are really bad...but slowdown ones. Gross.)
Here's an underrated content creator who knows the game very well and explains every move he makes. Check him out! Also he hardly ever plays woth add-ons so enjoy!
I'm not the best for consistent posts, but hey I'll plug myself if I can, for the most part I rarely use items or add-ons in game, and a thinking of posting more videos. My YT is the same as on here just with a space. But ye, I dont realy like using add-ons cuz I fear I'll get too reliant on them.
Killers like Doctor or Wraith completely rely on addons in higher ranks. I think many killer can be viable without addons, but some of em just need addons.
Most killers need their add-ons. If a player wants to run a fun perk build, good add-ons are necessary.
I usually don't use add-ons unless i want to play scratch mirror myers :) Also, i play all the killers i own, not just top tiers
But you're right, i almost never seen content creator play without add-ons.. i really like to see how they perform without using add-ons..