Davy Jones as a Killer!
Just throwing the idea out there, but I reckon Davy Jones based of the Pirates of the Caribbean would make an awesome killer :)
Just throwing the idea out there, but I reckon Davy Jones based of the Pirates of the Caribbean would make an awesome killer :)
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Please no
I've thought of this too. He could have a perk that traps chests, or a old time pistol that was only effective at close range and was wildy inaccurate at distance and would be one ######### with a decent reload time. Just thoughts I had once
Why not though? there could be some interesting mechanics brought into the game by him :)
Or maybe something that made peoples "hearts" vulnerable when they were too close to chests, like becoming exposed after opening chests or something XD
+1
Imagine him throwing you into a locker instead of the hook and you go down into davy jones locker in a alternate dimension and have to find a way out for a couple of minutes. Would be super cool.
He isn’t a horror character though, and his ‘power’ has more to do with the ocean, of which he dies without and which the entity’s realm doesn’t have. I would rather see pinhead, pumpkinhead, chucky, the thing, the alchemist, a vampire, a werewolf, the saboteur, pennywise, the firefly family, or some other horror franchise or original characters. Been a while since we’ve had an original
I think that would make for a great perk of his.
Blundered plunder- sometimes chasing booty can cost more then it's worth.
After succeeding in searching a chest, survivor gains the exposed status Effect for 20/25/30 seconds
Neither was the Wraith or Huntress until unfortunate life circumstances changed them forever. He also can carry the ocean with him in a vile, because he does make plans fall in the movies. This was just a cool idea tossed out there, one which would be waaaaay cooler then pennywise,not to mention I think Davy Jones is public domain unless they did copy the "pirates of the Caribbean" version and brought Jack sparrow in as a survivor.
wraith and huntress are original characters. You honestly think Davy Jones would be cooler than the eater of worlds and face of the deadlights?
A pirate killer in general would be cool. I already made a concept on this site, if you'd like to give it a read:
I think Pennywise is overrated. Sure, he's got a recognition factor, but that's about it.
Pennywise is actually VERY underrated. He’s basically an eldritch god
Yes, the are original, but we're just normal folk without a horror back ground either.
Maybe if he actually ate the world and literally didn't crumple when people belittled him.
A pirate, maybe not necessarily Dave Jones, would be cooler then a second clown. Way more potential.
Something about a killer based on a Disney theme park ride just doesn’t do it for me.
That is why it just wouldn't work. One eldritch entity shouldn't control another... especially when pennywise is stronger than the entity.