Solo Survivors discussing perks, etc pre-match
So had someone yesterday tell us in lobby, “I’m running all item looting perks plunder, ace, etc.” and it made me think why don’t we always tell each other our perks? I can’t think of any drawback and knowing your teammates have small game and plan to hunt totems from the start would save you some time maybe.
It could go a bit further too, “hey I’m good with working through Ruin, I’d you guys are too none of us have to totem hunt.”
Obviously we CAN do this, so why don’t we?
Tagged:
Trusted
Comments
Effort.
I personally like not knowing and watching the poop show unfold before me while playing solo. Keeps me on my toes.
I usually call I have BT but nobody cares
BT and DS are big ones to know, I always try super safe saves but sometimes you just have to go for it then the person gets tunneled and you’re like, “please have DS... nope feels bad.”
If people actually use the information solo players informing eachother they have perks like BT, DS, Deliverance, Unbreakable and Adrenaline would alone hav ethe potential to massively increase efficiency in situations related to said perks.
The few times I've tried it it quickly becomes clear people either didn't care or forgot though.
In terms of telling or remembering, what if they added a mini overlay showing your teammates perks as well during the match? Too messy, too strong?
I can do it, but too lazy. I'm not a try hard. And typing all that out is too much effort.
BHVR should do the smart thing and have survivors see each other's loadouts at the start of the match.
It's crazy how BHVR hasn't realized this quick and easy fix to help bridge Solo and SWF power.
Too messy in game. It should appear in the menu screen when you press Escape (where you see survivor names and offerings).
Simple fix, but BHVR for some reason won't do it.
At least you guys have this option, on console there is no input for communication on the lobby.
To play Devil's Advocate, survivors would abuse this information and dodge lobbies because they don't like the build their teammates are running.
"Why aren't you guys running DS/BT/Adrenaline???" *Leaves lobby*
"Ew, a Self Care/Urban Evasion/No Mither user? N00b!" *Leaves lobby*
It's a great idea on paper, especially because I'm a solo survivor myself, but I can assure you more than a few people would behave this way.
I'm more on ghost's side myself: I'm an immersive player and I feel even if I just go "got spine chill so if we're on a gen together against stealth killer book it" someone will comment at the minimum. I can imagine how great it'd be if 2 survivors with strike at the end planned one of those 'end-game camp' plays without being swf though.
honestly this didn’t even occur to me, but you’re right sadly this would happen a lot... no more plunder, pharmacy, ace builds lol
I just don't care what others have, and i don't care if they know what i have.
🤷♂️
Good riddance I say