Okay can we stop with dedicated servers till you fixed some bugs?
Nurse is completely broken, sometimes you can't even blink anymore and the one guy you hooked gets glitches and can't die anymore (he has to dc), rubberbanding all over the place as if we had 400+ ping, Huntress hatches buggy af, random DCs (as killer and as survivor) which leads to 0 bp and many many other annoying bugs.
Like, I understand you guys want to collect data. But please fix first the major issues before collecting data for optimizations. And please limit it already, it's been 1 or 2 weeks (maybe even more idk) and it's really not fun anymore to face the bugs everyday.
Comments
Add Myers stalk meter to the list
Agreed, I was fine with it for a while, but the little things are starting to add up.
Me Dedicated Servers have completely improved my experience. Before it's normal for me to be yellow and red in ping.
These days I'm usually green and sometimes yellow.
Much less lag than before and it's a lot easier to loop and do other fine timing maneuevers. Not perfect, but much, much better than before.
Don't get me wrong, there are some really good benefits with dedicated servers already to notice, especially as survivor. But the bugs man, especially as killer are tilting me more and more u know
Agreed on nurse. I played her to get the 500 blinks achievement and WOW. Sometimes she bugs out so that she doesn't get her move speed for her last blink, and then moves are regular speed DURING HER FATIGUE. Or when he power decides to go AWOL and just spams itself, meaning you have no way of telling how charged a blink is. If she's that buggy when she gets her nerf, I probably won't be playing her again.
I am assuming that is a dedicated server issue.
So now you know what it's like for survivors when the killer has astronomical ping.
Welcome to the world of bullshit lag. Its everyones problem now.
I think it's been about a week and a half. This is the longest test they've done so far, but I'd be very surprised if they don't turn it off for the new patch. Perhaps that's why they're testing for so long right now, to get as much data as possible before going back to P2P for the event. Either way, I'm sure the testing will end pretty soon. But if the bugs you're describing are related to the dedicated servers, then they need these tests to be able to fix them. That's what collecting data means in this case.
I'm actually having a great experience with dedicated servers. The eastern US data center is only ~80 ping for me, every time. With ping that low, the only bug I've experienced is the one where Myers' stalk regresses after you release the stalk button.
Don't get me wrong, though, there are definitely more lag-related bugs to fix for people with higher ping.
Why "now"? I play both sides, I experienced a lot of killers with bad connection believe me on that lol
So. It isn't just the higher ping servers.... green ping will still have issues.
Survivors will go super FLASH speed, can't catch them. Some instances of possible happening to killers being faster?
Disconnecting occurs when you don't want to even as killer. (With no internet drops).
The hits as mentioned above... even as killer. I watched a stream, where the killer chainsawed a survivor at a window, should of hit. The survivor doesn't get hit, falls thru the floor of the house, and then reappears through falling from the 2nd floor of the building back into view.. further away..
Survivors also clipping thru the killers and no collision I guess?
In short.. there's a lot of crazy stuff going on...
Test has gone for long enough. Work on the bugs players have reported. Release a hotfix then we can test some more.