Killer Games Vary Wildly

Based on how many of the team are SWF the Killer's games go from very easy (all solos) to LITERALLY impossible (all 4 swf)

How can we find a happy medium? Is there a happy medium or does communication just break the foundation of DBD too much to ever be balanced?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • This is intended. Some maps make it easier for either side, and of course if you have 4 experienced survivors working together, it will be a tough game.

    Just accept some matches are not winnable and move on to the next group. I focus on getting as much BP as I can so the time is not wasted. Stay strong and do not DC. Do not give up hard earned BP.

    Withstand all the displeased and brutal killer games enough to break through at some point where you get a run of good matches with survivors making mistakes.

    Try to have fun. I know it can be hard, but what other choice do we have if we are to play the killer role?

  • I kinda like difficulty swinging around.

    Also yes, communication can be put to extremely good use, especially against stealth- & trap Killers.

  • @Theoretical_Heart said:

    Based on how many of the team are SWF the Killer's games go from very easy (all solos) to LITERALLY impossible (all 4 swf)

    How can we find a happy medium? Is there a happy medium or does communication just break the foundation of DBD too much to ever be balanced?

    What rank are you? What's your build?

    You cannot realistically push back against this disparity unless you use very strong killers (Spirit, Nurse, Hillbilly, Nightmare) and perks (BBQ, Hex: Ruin, Pop Goes the Weasel, Discordance, Whispers, etc.). Against very strong players, the meta is the meta. This is true for any competitive game.

  • I dunno sometimes I feel like alot of swf teams fall for their own weaknesses i.e always hook charging for a save but the swf who know what their doing like seal team 6 are scary

  • @1saltypug said:

    I dunno sometimes I feel like alot of swf teams fall for their own weaknesses i.e always hook charging for a save but the swf who know what their doing like seal team 6 are scary

    Man, I've been involved in some serious cartoon shenanigans with aggressive unhooking squads. It's ridiculous when you're just playing musical chairs on the same hook, because everybody wants to just swarm it and immediately save their friend.

    Throw in Spirit phasing confusion/mindgames for kicks. Gets them every time!

  • That's the entire game though.

    Some games it's 4 solos that are all doing their own meme build and it turns into a clownfest, other games it's a serious play-to-win squad.

    Some games it's a killer trying some gimmicky build they've thought about, some games it's an omegablink slug nurse with an ebony mori out for blood after a rough match.


    You never know what you're gonna get and that is an inherent part of an assymetrical game, especially one with item/addon rarities and game-impacting offerings.

  • GhostFace mostly.

    I'm All Ears, Sloppy Butcher, NOED, Deerstalker.


    ButbI play everyone except Nurse and Spirit they are too hard to use. Nurse is impossible with a controller, and all these "sounds" streamers and other players can hear, I can't. So Spirit is unplayable.

    But I have 4k games and 0k games. Everyday.

  • Some maps? Most maps are survivor sided, as far as I've seen.

    That being said, I like it more when the game goes back and forth and isn't a stomp either way.

  • @1saltypug said:

    I dunno sometimes I feel like alot of swf teams fall for their own weaknesses i.e always hook charging for a save but the swf who know what their doing like seal team 6 are scary

    *looks at friend who nods and lures killer away as a possible unhook then immediately gets the hooked survivor*

    You mean like that?