Future of Mories

Now that instaheals are beiing addressed (from what was datamined) I think it's only matter of time until devs decide to once again revisit mories. IMO mories are fine and don't need any changes but large part of playerbase thinks otherwise and wants them thrashed so I would like to discuss possible changes that would still make them powerfull but less "unfun" to play agaisnt.

I've heard many times suggestion to make them work only on 3rd hook which I don't think is a good solution since it renders them almost useless. Just throwing an idea out there but I'd like them to be time based.

For example: Using an ebony mori allows killer to kill survivor without any other previous interaction but only after certain amout of time has passed which can be easily changed so that survivors have time to play. Or it could remain after first hook but the timer before moriing becomes possible would be moderately lower. You may say that survivors would just rush the objective to deny the killer their mori and that's a good point but survivor's objective is seperate issue that needs fixing so let's not focus on that.

I hope that no changes are done to mories since I like them the way the are now but if they had to be changed, I at least hope they'll do it in way that keeps them strong and not just as a visual treat.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Make the yellow and green bloodpoint offerings allow you to Mori Survivors who have been hooked twice.

  • Most Mori makes you black/depip anyway so in a way they are balanced even more because of that, if they ever change them, they need to change their scoring systems so you don't lose rank from using an offering you paid for

  • How about ebony moris only work after the 3rd or 4th hook? So if you made 4 hooks, you can start to mori the next downed person. This gives the survivors a little time to play and wouldn't be too much of a nerf, since you try to hook everyone at least once anyway to mori them.

  • @AngryFluffy said:

    How about ebony moris only work after the 3rd or 4th hook? So if you made 4 hooks, you can start to mori the next downed person. This gives the survivors a little time to play and wouldn't be too much of a nerf, since you try to hook everyone at least once anyway to mori them.

    I think that's a good idea too. Most of the frustraion towards mories comes imao from people who get hook camped with the mori so they are pretty much powerless to do anything. Maybe even 4-6 hooks would be fine since you need to hook 12 times so it would still cut the sacrafice process significantly.

  • @AngryFluffy said:

    How about ebony moris only work after the 3rd or 4th hook? So if you made 4 hooks, you can start to mori the next downed person. This gives the survivors a little time to play and wouldn't be too much of a nerf, since you try to hook everyone at least once anyway to mori them.

    Good idea

  • You need to hook all 4 survivors before being able to mori someone. And also you don't depip anymore if you mori everyone.

  • @TAG said:

    Make the yellow and green bloodpoint offerings allow you to Mori Survivors who have been hooked twice.

    That is the opposite of a fix, in what way does it fix the concern with moris being OP like instaheals?

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/744878#Comment_744878

    That is the opposite of a fix, in what way does it fix the concern with moris being OP like instaheals?

    ...because it only works on Survivors who have been hooked two times?

  • Moris can only be used on survivors you've hooked twice

    You can't just erase someone from the game anymore, neither can you roflstomp an entire team. You can still get a small advantage and you get to see the sweet animations.

    Done, fixed.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/744944#Comment_744944

    ...because it only works on Survivors who have been hooked two times?

    Okay, so I'm assuming you're talking about cypress/ivory moris. But most people agree those are fine anyway, you're suggesting we balance instaheals and moris by nerfing the less powerful moris, while leaving the one which is actually comparable to things like syringes intact?

  • @AngryFluffy said:

    How about ebony moris only work after the 3rd or 4th hook? So if you made 4 hooks, you can start to mori the next downed person. This gives the survivors a little time to play and wouldn't be too much of a nerf, since you try to hook everyone at least once anyway to mori them.

    This.Really good idea imo

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/744949#Comment_744949

    Okay, so I'm assuming you're talking about cypress/ivory moris. But most people agree those are fine anyway, you're suggesting we balance instaheals and moris by nerfing the less powerful moris, while leaving the one which is actually comparable to things like syringes intact?

    I'm suggesting we do away with all the current Mori offerings and let the bloodpoint offerings give you the power to Mori Survivors who have been hooked twice.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/744969#Comment_744969

    I'm suggesting we do away with all the current Mori offerings and let the bloodpoint offerings give you the power to Mori Survivors who have been hooked twice.

    I see. That wasn't very clear from your original comment, but I understand now. It's a novel idea, but there are a lot of bloodpoint offerings, and they're fairly common. I suspect that it might just amplify the problem rather than dampen it, but it's hard to say really without testing it.

  • Insta heals are a very strange concept much like Mori's but I put Mori's more in line with keys as both of those can end a game before the complete objective is done.

    For me Insta heals are more in line with one shot add-ons as both work of the heal state and cut down or add more to chase times.

    Mori's and keys are frustrating to some as they can make someone derank just for loading into a game. In a game where many people play to pip having that talking away from you with an offering feels pretty cheap.

    I wouldnt change mori's or keys how they work as its more work and they are designed to end the game prematurely but maybe someone who is morried should auto black pip if more than a set amount of gens are left and a key where more than one escapes also allows an auto black pip to the killer.

  • @twistedmonkey said:

    Insta heals are a very strange concept much like Mori's but I put Mori's more in line with keys as both of those can end a game before the complete objective is done.

    For me Insta heals are more in line with one shot add-ons as both work of the heal state and cut down or add more to chase times.

    Mori's and keys are frustrating to some as they can make someone derank just for loading into a game. In a game where many people play to pip having that talking away from you with an offering feels pretty cheap.

    I wouldnt change mori's or keys how they work as its more work and they are designed to end the game prematurely but maybe someone who is morried should auto black pip if more than a set amount of gens are left and a key where more than one escapes also allows an auto black pip to the killer.

    Yes all of this. Ebony moris and keys capable of opening the hatch need to go. It short cuts the entire point of playing the game. Its like if on any other game halfway through the match you could launch a nuclear weapon that obliterated the other team entirely and the game was over. Everyone on both sides wouldn't be thrilled with such a result. Can you imagine such a stupid mechanic in a game like battlefield or cod? They'd be laughed out of the market

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/744984#Comment_744984

    I see. That wasn't very clear from your original comment, but I understand now. It's a novel idea, but there are a lot of bloodpoint offerings, and they're fairly common. I suspect that it might just amplify the problem rather than dampen it, but it's hard to say really without testing it.

    I don't see how it would amplify the problem if it only works on someone who has been hooked two times. At best, it just indirectly weakens D-Strike.