How do you guys deal with it?
I use DS and my friends give me Borrowed Time and yet killers still continue to come after me, I'm just their soul target. I don't teabag or be quote "toxic" I'm just simply just trying to play the game. My friends will start gens rushing (with Ruin and No Ruin) while I'm being tunneled and camped. After they finish gens they'll come running behind me to take hits even will go down just so i can try to escaped and make some points. Almost every game I die with barely any point I have no objective and altruism point (0-600 max, but overall points 9k-10k and majority of that is boldness) I don't get a chance to heal, save anyone, or do a full gen. [ I could care less is I died just let me play the game and make some points before you kill me.] Also I can't play DBD solo survivor anymore. My teammates are too scared and immerse, can't run the killer, 80% of the time don't do gens just wait for hatch and if they do all the gens they just leave me to die still being chased by killer. I'm tired of dying First hook- Last hook or Second hook- Last Hook. I have to wait until a friend to comes online to hop on DBD to try play the game and have somewhat of a decent time.
Quote from killers that I message ("you're injured why would I go after someone not injured") and I'm like of course I'm injured, anyone getting literally off the hook will be injured ("Looping isn't the way to play just throw the pallet and go.") ("you broke my totem") ("you're the only person I see, I can't find anyone) just go look you even have perks to find survivors ("you brought an items to my game") like really are you serious.. apparently I'm not allow to bring items to help myself ("you had a flashlight") ("You DS me, DS equal No Mercy") Again I'm like I wouldn't have to DS you if you weren't tunnelling me off hook.
I just literally couldn't take it anymore I had full on breakdown because I'm tired of everyday 90% my games just being unplayable having to Just Leave Match just to hopefully find a better is boring and waiting. Eventually I just get off the game and play something else, and It's irritating that I can't play a game that I enjoyed/like. It's not even the game most of the time- yes the game has bugs, but it's the freaking players.
I know some people and I even have friends that just laugh move to the next match and continue playing all day long.
How do you not get bother by this?
I personally (mentally) don't how to deal with getting tunnel and camp every single game. I just get off the game and feel very upset that I can't play the game that I want.
Comments
Sorry you've had such bad luck! Not all Killers are like that! I don't, for example, Tunnel, Camp, OR even Slug often as Legion!
So I hope I find you in the fog!
I deal with it by not taking it seriously. What I mean is, when I get frustrated with it (which I do), I remove all my perks and put on one perk, something like Deja Vu, and I go in knowing I'm going to die and just... try to screw around. I'll do stuff so stupid that I've actually lost killers in chases because they probably thought "no one's stupid enough to keep running in circles around this object."
I've noticed that sometimes the dumber I act the longer I live. If I'm running around at the beginning of the match fast-vaulting windows and making a lot of noise, I am often not the first survivor the killer chases. If I try to be stealthy and work on a totem, the killer comes straight to me.
I'll try to find something else to focus on rather than surviving. For a while, I equipped only Slippery Meat, burned Chalk Pouch offerings, and saw how often I could get myself off the hook. I also tried putting on DS, Flip Flop, Unbreakable, and Tenacity to see if I could ever pull off using all four perks in one game.
(Not saying these are good ways to deal with it or that they'll work for other people; this is just how I try to deal with the hell that is playing solo survivor.)
I'll also take long breaks from the game, only playing one match a day for the dailies, because sometimes there is just no way to get past how frustrating DbD can be.
What survivor are you playing and what rank? Apperantly it seems like there are killers who hate specific survivors. In my experience it is also a matter of rank. The funny thing is, I got more often tunneled and camped in yellow and green ranks than in purple and red.
And in my experience killers hate Nea. Which is sad for me, because I main her, and often use her bright colored cosmetics with pink hair, just because I like it the most. I never tbag or flashlight click and I'm not the best in running the killer around for too long. However, view days ago I played against a clown, who focused me from the beginning of the match and camped. I got unhooked with BT, he tried to down me and still went after me. When he got me, I hitted him with DS and used BL right after, to get away. One of my teammates tried to get his attention, but he still went after me ( after BT, DS and BL!). The gens literally popped around him but he only wanted me dead, what he got in the end. The other three escaped.
I asked him in the end chat why he did that and he basically told me that I was toxic because of the outfit I use and because I play as Nea. And this was it. This was his reason.
Imagine being called toxic because you use a skin that even gives the killer an advantage since he can see you better.
Just move on to the next game.
If it gets too bad (you get like 10 games in a row of being tunneled, has happened to me a few times) I just stop playing and do something else.
Also, if you haven't already, stop worrying about rank. I get that there are people who like to collect achievements and want to get the Rank 1 Achievement but the sooner you let go of caring about pips, the better off you'll be in this game.
Red and Purple Ranks (Meg and Nea)
I do meme builds like no perk, infinite healing medkit, hook me if you can with flip-flop boil over and tenacity, I even ran no mither for a full straight week and still get camped and tunneled
I do mean builds like infinite healing medkit, boil over flip-flop and tenacity, even ran no mither for a week. still got tunneled and camped.
Red and Purple Ranks (Meg and Nea)
I don't care about Ranks I just wanna play and have fun, and make points along the way I care less if I died in the end. As long as I have my points i'm good
@MissGamer456
To be honest, I found myself nodding as I read the killers excuses there. If you have DS the killer may think you have a full toxic build and want to punish that, it you have a toolbox, you will be prioritised. Non-tunnellers will usually chase after the person unhooked if they were the only person they could see.
Personally I would take off DS for a bit so that you are not the obsession, maybe play a good-guy survivor, somebody like Jeff or Adam rather than Nea or Claudette. Lose the item (just so you don't care if you die) and most importantly, don't hop on a gen at the start of the game. Look for a totem or a chest instead. Let somebody else be the first down, and they are more likely to be tunnelled. Also once unhooked, reconsider where you go. Are you running against the wall into a corner, highlighting your scratch marks with no escape plan?
Edit: Now I see you are red ranks, the above does not apply!
Can't tell you why some killers tunnel but I rarely do, only exception is when I get 360 by one survivor 3 times (I play legion).
See I had a game on Rotten Field - Coldwind Farm yesterday and my teammates waste all the pallet and because there was no pallets on the map I spent 2 gens just 360ing in the corn field. After I got caught and hooked I got camped after I unhooked i got tunneled. Against billy BTW
I understand why you would 360 billy, but for me as legion (in power) it's far better to just let me stab you (extremely less likely to tunnel) makes it so that I constantly switch targets, However if a survivor really enjoys wasting my time (360) then I have no problem wasting theirs (console btw)
Wow, must be nice on console, 360s don't work on PC.
I'm a legion main on console as well so I understand. Especially when I'm in frenzy and I can't find the person who unhooked you just let me smack you so I can find someone else. When I do manage to get the frenzy hit other survivor are always in a locker
I get too many players with urban spine chill and sprint burst.
I just put up a mental wall.
Also, no end-game chat for me & private profile.
WOW! That's dumb of him!
HI! I'm a Legion main on PC! I don't mean to be "That Guy" but Legion mains are so rare now that I just want yall to check out my idea for a rework and tell me what you think!
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/93454/a-simple-idea-for-legion-rework-buff-you-decide#latest
Just stay civil!