Nurse nerf

What is everyone else's thoughts on the base nurse nerf? For anyone who doesn't know her blinks now recharge. She can have up to 2 at base (assuming I understood it right) and they take 3 seconds to recharge. The recharge starts at the beginning of fatigue.

Comments

  • I'd just be happy if they made it so you could see where the hell you are going to blink. I'm good with the blink charge timers.

  • @Dreamnomad said:

    I'd just be happy if they made it so you could see where the hell you are going to blink. I'm good with the blink charge timers.

    The add on for that is now common, so not exactly hard to have a stack of. Once you play her a bit you don't really need them any more.

  • I do not think that recharge is a good way to balance a killer. It isnt fun for the players for the most part. Granted I do now know how else to fix this but I wish there was a better way. I do not play Nurse buy being able to blink like she used to be able to isnt good and I dont think recharging blinks is good either.

  • @BhSMRT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/810408#Comment_810408

    Sorry, you're thinking of god tier Nurse's. "Most" Nurse's were just really good with her, and these changes when playing against good survivors will not "always" hit you with those 2 blinks. Get real.

    "Just hit your blinks 100% of the time, every time 5head" With changes that make that incredibly difficult. There's been plenty of posts on here that go into the details as to why what looks like a minor change is a massive one, but thankfully we have people like you to remind us that it's basically the same, just hit your blinks.

    Word to the wise, devs, a killer should be strong without addons. Any killer that is reliant on addons to be strong is bad design. This game is filled with it and addon issues you just barely got around to addressing. Like, how has Doctor been out this entire time and you think that his pitiful distance for his shock is acceptable? You literally NEED a range addon for it. FOR A KILLER THAT'S ALREADY GARBAGE WITH OR WITHOUT IT! lol. You don't need an entire rework to simply buff the range of his shock, but you can't even do that because you're so afraid, or incapable, of balancing your game.

    So they made her difficulty actually match her insane potential to win games. And yet all these nurse mains are crying because they are realizing they actually have to be better than the survivors they are facing now (let's face it, in red ranks the highest number of boosted killers looking for easy wins was nurse players).

    If I miss my hatchets as huntress I am punished by having to go reload. Nurse, the killer with the highest level of difficulty, now is unable to spam blinks until everyone is dead. That is a good thing.

    If I miss my hatchets, I am heavily punished. That is fair, because huntress is a strong killer, able to end chases quickly.

    If you miss your blinks, you are heavily punished. This is fair, because nurse is the killer who is able to end chases as fast as/faster than the rest of the killer roster.

    Yes, the change sucks for new players. But, oh, wait, new players shouldn't be starting with nurse.

  • @Omans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/810437#Comment_810437

    So they made her difficulty actually match her insane potential to win games. And yet all these nurse mains are crying because they are realizing they actually have to be better than the survivors they are facing now (let's face it, in red ranks the highest number of boosted killers looking for easy wins was nurse players).

    If I miss my hatchets as huntress I am punished by having to go reload. Nurse, the killer with the highest level of difficulty, now is unable to spam blinks until everyone is dead. That is a good thing.

    If I miss my hatchets, I am heavily punished. That is fair, because huntress is a strong killer, able to end chases quickly.

    If you miss your blinks, you are heavily punished. This is fair, because nurse is the killer who is able to end chases as fast as/faster than the rest of the killer roster.

    Yes, the change sucks for new players. But, oh, wait, new players shouldn't be starting with nurse.

    Welp, to hell with everyone trying learn nurse I guess? And she controls so poorly on console this nerf made it even wosre.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/741792#Comment_741792

    This is a good thing. This gives them an opportunity to lose the killer which is- without a doubt- the most powerful in a chase. If you're concerned with losing the survivor, I would suggest using this:

    Metal Spoon 

    Hitting a Survivor with a blink attack causes their sounds of pain to be moderately louder for 60 seconds. 

    That'll help you keep track of them even if they do break line of sight.

    The fatigue is how they broke LOS

  • @Omans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/810437#Comment_810437

    So they made her difficulty actually match her insane potential to win games. And yet all these nurse mains are crying because they are realizing they actually have to be better than the survivors they are facing now (let's face it, in red ranks the highest number of boosted killers looking for easy wins was nurse players).

    If I miss my hatchets as huntress I am punished by having to go reload. Nurse, the killer with the highest level of difficulty, now is unable to spam blinks until everyone is dead. That is a good thing.

    If I miss my hatchets, I am heavily punished. That is fair, because huntress is a strong killer, able to end chases quickly.

    If you miss your blinks, you are heavily punished. This is fair, because nurse is the killer who is able to end chases as fast as/faster than the rest of the killer roster.

    Yes, the change sucks for new players. But, oh, wait, new players shouldn't be starting with nurse.

    Nurse needs to spam blinks, because she is slower than survivor at base. How can you complain about that? Its like complaining about other killers spamming the W button in order to catch survivors.

    And Nurse can't end chases nearly as fast as she used to be. A survivor getting hit and running forward can waste atleast 20-30 seconds of the Nurse's time, because that physically how long it takes for her to catch up again (assuming she used 2 blink for the hit), thats only slighty faster than a regular 115% speed M1 killers takes.

  • @ABannedCat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/945272#Comment_945272

    Nurse needs to spam blinks, because she is slower than survivor at base. How can you complain about that? Its like complaining about other killers spamming the W button in order to catch survivors.

    And Nurse can't end chases nearly as fast as she used to be. A survivor getting hit and running forward can waste atleast 20-30 seconds of the Nurse's time, because that physically how long it takes for her to catch up again (assuming she used 2 blink for the hit), thats only slighty faster than a regular 115% speed M1 killers takes.

    It's a legit strategy that is utilized. People straight up hold W and make distance for the first blink cycle, then turn a corner and make it a 50/50 play. The math works out relative to gen speed when you factor in blink charge time and cooldown time, especially if survivors start running at 32 meters. She can't catch everyone and down them to 4k if they hold W on a large map. They made her counterplay completely braindead. Intended design btw.

  • She is now the weakest killer at any rank. The only pple who still say she’s Op are talking without proof. She needs buffed base speed, or remove the blink c/d, or remove the fatigue. As she is now her kill rate is the lowest of all killers. It’s not fun to play as her or against her.

  • @Tro said:

    She is now the weakest killer at any rank. The only pple who still say she’s Op are talking without proof. She needs buffed base speed, or remove the blink c/d, or remove the fatigue. As she is now her kill rate is the lowest of all killers. It’s not fun to play as her or against her.

    Maybe the weakest killer at your rank, but experienced players can still get her to kick ass.

  • This is exactly what I’m talking about. Show some proof, we have.

    At my rank? Lol. I’m rank 1 3 months in a row, probably the player with most hours played on my console.

  • She has one of the lowest kill rate of any other killer both overall and on red ranks.


  • @Todgeweiht said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1025630#Comment_1025630

    Maybe the weakest killer at your rank, but experienced players can still get her to kick ass.

    Ohh and by this logic, then all killers, maps, addons and perks don't need to be changed or reworked because "Experienced players can still get it to kick ass"...

  • @ABannedCat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/945272#Comment_945272

    Nurse needs to spam blinks, because she is slower than survivor at base. How can you complain about that? Its like complaining about other killers spamming the W button in order to catch survivors.

    And Nurse can't end chases nearly as fast as she used to be. A survivor getting hit and running forward can waste atleast 20-30 seconds of the Nurse's time, because that physically how long it takes for her to catch up again (assuming she used 2 blink for the hit), thats only slighty faster than a regular 115% speed M1 killers takes.

    If out in the open its slower. Time save with Nurse is by passing through objects. In the open she is effectively a 4.3 m/s killer if using full charge double blinks.

  • @youngin91 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/741765#Comment_741765

    And 6-second cool down if you use both blinks which is crucial. I seen you play thru your streams and to be blunt as possible, you are not that good at survivor (below average at best). Never seen you play killer but I doubt you're even average with nurse or killer in general judging by your survivor gameplay. If you were a god with her, then yes I would respect this comment. However, if you cant play nurse to save your life pre "rework" (which you probably can't), you have no right to say ######### like that. It's a shame too because I expect a bhvr dev to be somewhat decent but you have workers that obviously don't even test your own game before you release a patch. Yikes.

    You just bumped a 8 month old post for your first comment. Congrats on making a hell of a first impression.

  • @timbologna said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1623128#Comment_1623128

    You just bumped a 8 month old post for your first comment. Congrats on making a hell of a first impression.

    Not to mention they did it just to crap on a dev lol.

1 2 3 ›