Thoughts About DCing Solution?

Prologue
https://youtu.be/ywdsHP4tKdg


TL;DW

He suggests we fix things that causes survivors (or killers) to DC rather than punishing DCing even more.

He also explains you can't punish people who kill themselves on the hook instead of DCing because it's a grey area for the people who have bad connection or it's a new player.


Also, try to keep everything civilized because I know this is a sensitive subject for a lot of people. :)

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/746206#Comment_746206

    It's a valid excuse, you can't just go around and start banning people because you think they are attempting to bypass DCing.

    @TAG suggested we have an algorithm to figure out who's trying to bypass DC systen.

    No, you can ban people for dcing regardless of the reason, whether intentionally or unintentionally. The most popular and successful games on Steam do so and are successful because of it.

    I spend hundreds per year on DOTA2 exclusives and cosmetics because I know when I play DOTA during the spring and summer each and every time I start a match there is a 90% chance it's going to play out completely and if it doesn't the person responsible for it pays a consequence.

    On the opposite side of the spectrum, many days I don't bother playing DBD because 30-40% end up with DCs ruining the game after having waited through the queues for it.

  • @ToxicFluffins said:

    I’m a seeing nothing about killer stuff DCing it’s all the survivors fault... Wrong I personally play mostly as a survivor and I’ve had plenty of killers that were doing good in the game hooked every one at least once and the game was pretty long because the were good at checking gens and we get all gens done finally and just because they were mad that they didn’t kill everyone they dc so we don’t get out points which isn’t fair at all.

    There is no mass epidemic of killer disconnects. Hell, you can scan the forums and be hard pressed to ever find a thread where a killer advocates doing it. I've never seen one personally. The same can not be said for survivors. That part of the community openly flaunts DCing as a punishment to people who do not play how they want or with the killer and setup they approve of.

    That said, the bans for DCing apply universally. It doesn't need to discriminate between the two.

    Hardware ban them all at a certain point and fix the problem.

  • Yes make a safespace bubble where everybody is happy.

    I don't care if it is a bad killer, bad survivors who dc. They don't wanna play? Fine you dont have to, to afk or to suicide on hook = griefing. In other games nobody gives a damn what happens to people that dc.

    I think it is an utterly bad idea to start to balance around what some kids think is okay to play against. This is just the problem of this community, entitlement.

    I suggest we mark people who disconnect. So everybody that is in the lobby can see that person x has a tendendy to disconnect so they can leave or stay. Survivors should get notified about killer who dc as well.

  • There should be a ranked and unranked mode. For casuals who want to not play try hards and especially sweaty red ranks. There's nothing to be gained by going up in rank except more frustration and BS. Forcing two different groups together guarantees DCs.

  • @Tucking_Friggered said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/746295#Comment_746295

    There is no mass epidemic of killer disconnects. Hell, you can scan the forums and be hard pressed to ever find a thread where a killer advocates doing it. I've never seen one personally. The same can not be said for survivors. That part of the community openly flaunts DCing as a punishment to people who do not play how they want or with the killer and setup they approve of.

    That said, the bans for DCing apply universally. It doesn't need to discriminate between the two.

    Hardware ban them all at a certain point and fix the problem.

    The way you said it is perfect I agreed

  • Maybe a way to help stop DCing would be to give some bonus BP just for making it to the end of the match. Or something like the first survivor who dies gets a small amount, second gets a little bit more, third gets a little bit more, and the fourth survivor to die gets the most. Just a bonus to encourage players to stick around.

    If a survivor or killer thinks they're going to have a miserable match, they don't really have any incentive to stick around. A BP bonus wouldn't matter to everyone, but it might matter to some.

  • I'm not a fan of this.

    I'd prefer people get some intestinal fortitude and learn to adapt.

    Tired of games catering to a bunch of weaklings.

  • @FrenziedRoach said:

    I'm not a fan of this.

    I'd prefer people get some intestinal fortitude and learn to adapt.

    Tired of games catering to a bunch of weaklings.

    I agree, but what's the point in wasting time against a generator grab spirit with Ebony Mori?

    While I do not advocate DCing, I do sympathize because they were going to lose anyways.


    Before BNP got reworked, killers were DCing against SWF who popped 4 generators within the first 30 seconds of the game.

    Again, I don't advocate DCing, but I can honestly understand why because those killers were going to lose the game.


    I feel like if these things were changed, DCing would be heavy reduced (not stopped completely).

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/750734#Comment_750734

    I agree, but what's the point in wasting time against a generator grab spirit with Ebony Mori?

    While I do not advocate DCing, I do sympathize because they were going to lose anyways.

    Before BNP got reworked, killers were DCing against SWF who popped 4 generators within the first 30 seconds of the game.

    Again, I don't advocate DCing, but I can honestly understand why because those killers were going to lose the game.

    I feel like if these things were changed, DCing would be heavy reduced (not stopped completely).

    The thing with that is, you can only fail if you so not try. Just yesterday did tbag to a beads spirit who wanted to mori my ass, ofc at the exit.

  • @Ihatelife said:

    @NMCKE Do you think that nerfing the most unfun things to play against (insta-downs, insta-heals, keys, moris etc) would resolve the problem with DCs?

    No, it wouldn't. No one has established anything you mentioned are the reasons people DC as opposed to being petulant children, mad that they lost, knowing they don't face a harsh consequence for doing so.

    That solution is as inane as offering them 1100 auric cells if they super duper swear to never do it again.

    You don't deal with an exploit by offering carrots to avoid doing so. You punish it to a draconian degree to make an example for those who consider doing the same.

  • @Tucking_Friggered said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/742122#Comment_742122

    No, it wouldn't. No one has established anything you mentioned are the reasons people DC as opposed to being petulant children, mad that they lost, knowing they don't face a harsh consequence for doing so.

    That solution is as inane as offering them 1100 auric cells if they super duper swear to never do it again.

    You don't deal with an exploit by offering carrots to avoid doing so. You punish it to a draconian degree to make an example for those who consider doing the same.

    You sort of imply it at the end but I want to emphasize it a bit more: it is important to have a deterrent to discourage people from disconnecting before they get banned. If they get to that point they have already ruined many games.

    One way to accomplish that is by amping up the ban times a lot, similar to what @Tucking_Friggered mentions, the alternative is a big lockout from joining another game, e.g. a 30 minute timer to join a game after you disconnect.

1 2 3 ›