About 99% gates.
So as a Killer main I dont really have a problem with that, but sometimes it is abit annoying when you try to make some pressure at the endgame by slugging or hooking and you dont get anything out of it because there is no endgame timer.
So my idea as a small change and fix would be, why you cant let the gate regress slowly like a kicked gen when you dont open the gate and leave it to 99%. So you have to make the decision to open it or someone has to stay at the gate and keep touching it to 99%. For numbers I would say 1% for every 2seconds maybe? I dont want to say that it is to op or unfair, but you almost have no time to open a gate as killer because you need to keep up your pressure against survivors.
Let me know what you guys think aobut that? :)
Comments
@DudeDelicious
I think you missunderstood me completly, I am talking about that in most of the situations when you play against decent survivors you cant open the gates for yourself because you are too far away, the survivor you chase will obviously run far away from the gate to give there teammates time to 99 it.
EDIT: Misread it!
I really don't like the idea of doors slowly opening, because it would mean more holding the game hostage. They would become immersed and just wait out a door until it opens then make their escape(s).It's better to just open the door yourself.
You need to know who to go after in those situations if a survivor is running away from a gate. You got to think do you want that one kill? Are you planning on camping them or going back? Are you going to slug them or hook them? How fast can you down them and get to the gate etc, It's kind of the same idea of a 3 gen strategy.. Instead of fully committing to the survivor you got to drop sometimes and go back and check on the gens. It's very situational as well, like are the exit gates nearby each other? Plus how many survivors do you have left. There's better strategy's to do I think.
Nobody suggested the doors should slowly open. OP was suggesting the door's progress should slowly regress if they havent been fully opened, similar to how gens regress after being kicked. An example would be a door left at 99% might be found later after a minute at 70%.
@LordGlint OHHHHHH. Well that makes way more sense. lol I completely misread! My bad. Also thank you :)
I don't really mind that idea actually. I mean technically survivors are trying to stall and bypass the EGC anyways. So. Not a bad idea at all. I don't know the numbers or anything. But the idea, I like for sure :)
I’m fine with the way it works now. People 99% gates are some of the funnest games I have ever had
I think it helps bring the point across to like HEY leave... lol. Just tossing some ideas out there.
Maybe EGC could just start after a certain period of time after all the gens pop as well? Or maybe EGC could start after a certain period from a door being touched. And if the door is 99% maybe have the EGC start sooner etc.
I always thought it'd be kinda neat if the lights on the Exit Gate Switches are more than just markers of how far it has opened.
What if letting go of the Switch instantly regresses progress to the last light?
@Boss
Yeah that sounds really nice too! I think it is even more balanced then, I am still not sure if that would be overall a good idea, was just an mind experiment I had. But your idea is really well too!
Only downside I see is after closing the hatch, you usually can only make it out by powering up the door until right before the first light. Could be an interesting buff to wake up to have it save progress between the lights though. And requiring a perk to 99 the gate could shake up a couple people enough to swap out a meta perk for wake up.
@Boss But in that situation if a killer comes along, if I let go, then I get hit and lose progress? But if I stayed on it, I would just get grabbed and wouldn't get a chance to finish opening the door, (and also lose progress).
The ability to grab from the door makes it seem kinda unbalanced that way.
it would make game last long and boring!
Well Killers can no longer grab from Hatch.
Maybe that could be applied there? 🤷♂️
Idk, i never really cared if it would be implemented or not, i just like the idea.
@Boss Yeah. I mean I do like it. But just trying to think of the balance.