Would survivors whine less about camping if...
the person stuck on the hook got points towards the evader emblem? Like the same amount you'd get from doing a generator or whatever in their terror radius but not being chased...
the person stuck on the hook got points towards the evader emblem? Like the same amount you'd get from doing a generator or whatever in their terror radius but not being chased...
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I say BP for survivor if the killer is camping; why you care if the survivors get BP? perhaps you enjoy 2 dc survivors games.
It'd only work if the killer is camping the hook and only for gen progress done and gates being powered. You'd base it off a hidden killer terror radius neither side would know but could be x amount of hooked victim. Some killer simply go just out of terror radius and camp with M&A and then wait for someone to come into view while others just hard camp.
I don't have an issue with camping someone once the gates are powered but camping at 1st hook and then just standing there nodding and smacking the hooked person is just being an ass.
qpwoeiruty said: make them distraction points, but yeah I think it would go a long way toward making me less bitter when I get camped.
No points for failure. Ever. You failed to escape and landed on the hook. You get nothing but death for that from me. You do not deserve anything but a busted keyboard - another reason i got tired of playing surv and switched to killer.
Devs allow it to be a strategy because it will happen. Games too hard for the killers. Baby steps for beginners I guess. You can counter camping if you play in a squad easily.
Issue with camping is it's not fun or engaging for anyone involved. As much as Killer mains want to defend it, it's the most boring approach Killers can take. I have camped in losing matches or frustrating matches, but it's boring and skill less. More could be done to make being camped less of a chore.
"But Survivors have crutches/etc." - Yes, there is problematic balancing issues on Team Survivor that are annoying and OP. But ignoring bad game play on Team Killer just cause you're salty about the other side is bias, ignorant, and childish. Both sides have design flaws, accept it or accept that your viewpoint is heavily fogged up.
By this logic then so is camping. Getting a SWF team tilted and having them come to the hook is a valid tactic.
Yes, that's exactly my point. They're both valid strategies that people don't like because of how and why they work.
No points for failure. Ever. You failed to escape and landed on the hook. You get nothing but death for that from me. You do not deserve anything but a busted keyboard - another reason i got tired of playing surv and switched to killer.
Being hooked isnt of itself a failure. Now I made the post, I could care less about getting points for getting camped. But I have so many scenarios where I get an 8 emblem and no pip (especially during rank reset), someone would be getting camped and I would go for take a hit/borrowed time/ trade places and get hooked, then watch as the other survivors heal him, do the rest of the gens and leave while im on my first hook lol.
lmao what
I have over 600 hours on Dead By Daylight, most likely a slight majority of that going towards survivor. Do you want to know how many times I've kobe'd in all the times I've tried? under 6. I have kobe'd less than 6 times. (I say less than six because I can't remember if it's 4 or 5.) Already the chances are so low, and having there be such a large penalty for something that's supposed to be a last resort one final chance thing is ridiculous.
If you can't chase and down someone who's injured (1 hit to down again) after a kobe or unbreakable that probably means that you don't really deserve the kills.
Killers aren't told because there's no reason to be told. Both can be countered pretty easily, especially if DS is nerfed. And you're not even told if one of them has DS, you're told if they're the obsession. Killers and survivors have perks, hell there are even some addons that inflict obsession status upon a survivor without said survivor having DS.
So every proud killer main in this thread needs to shut their hole right?
Cool yourself, I'm just showing that I have enough hours to know what I'm talking about. Get rid of your false sense of superiority and process what you say before you say it.
did you literally not read what i responded with you illiterate #########, i don't care if you grease my dick up with the admiration of my hours, i'm literally only saying that so that you can actually consider what i say instead of dismissing me as another rank 20 survivor main who needs to git gud or some bullshit like that
He doesn't care, you could be the worlds number 1 killer and master of all saying the same thing it won't matter. He'll resort to insults and petty crybaby tactics if you disagree with him. If you confront him with facts then he resorts to even more insults and tempter tantrums like a 2 year old stomping their feet in a corner.
He's probably never once actually put forth any constructive ideas on how to solve anything and when challenged on this it's insults galore.
Sounds about right. That's all he's done so far.