You could do absolutely nothing all game but hide in a locker and let everyone else die so you can just walk out or take the hatch. Is that a fair strategy to be selfish? Totally. Would it be deserving of a pip? I don’t think so. I think the better question would be if it should be possible to depip when escaping.
I had a game lately where I run the killer around for 3 gens, which were very quickly done since he got no ruin. I got hooked, unhooked, did a gen, the last gen popped and someone opened the exit gates and endgame started. No one else got hooked. I had to escape due to the timer. I had to leave and I depipped. I honestly don't think this is fair eiter. What else am I supposed to do in situations like that?
Clearly Survivors should not get a pip for thins like that, but they shouldn't loose one either.
If you hide like a rat, then escape with hatch+key+left behind you're not worth a pip. Also, they added a gen while being chased emblem score, which helps you if you only get chased.
Nobody is entitled to a pip. The emblem system is in place for a reason. Keep track of your blood points in those categories, they are not directly linked to the embled points, but you can still use them as an indicator.
I'm voting no because I'm pedantic like that and I'm taking your question at face value. No, an escape should not mean a depip. But also, yes, survivors should depip if they escape without doing anything else. If you escape but depip, it probably means you played badly in other areas (unless it was because either the killer or your teammates or both were potatoes, but that's another discussion).
What did you do? If you're farming and killing off your team, you don't deserve a pip. I'm not sure how you can get 15k and depip without actively sandbagging your team. Additionally, you escaping or living doesn't translate to skill. It translates to luck. You could have hid the entire game.
You could do absolutely nothing all game but hide in a locker and let everyone else die so you can just walk out or take the hatch. Is that a fair strategy to be selfish? Totally. Would it be deserving of a pip? I don’t think so. I think the better question would be if it should be possible to depip when escaping.
Shoot... I forgot about that lol...
But heres my reason of saying No: If they did something they earned it.
But like @Blueberry said.. if they did nothing let em depip.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
You could do absolutely nothing all game but hide in a locker and let everyone else die so you can just walk out or take the hatch. Is that a fair strategy to be selfish? Totally. Would it be deserving of a pip? I don’t think so. I think the better question would be if it should be possible to depip when escaping.
hm true point but there is a true difference between depipping with 20k points - in a locker and doing nothing you would not end up with that points.
but yeah u r right, there has to be a solution for this aswell .. *thinking
I had a game lately where I run the killer around for 3 gens, which were very quickly done since he got no ruin. I got hooked, unhooked, did a gen, the last gen popped and someone opened the exit gates and endgame started. No one else got hooked. I had to escape due to the timer. I had to leave and I depipped. I honestly don't think this is fair eiter. What else am I supposed to do in situations like that?
Clearly Survivors should not get a pip for thins like that, but they shouldn't loose one either.
They should get a safety pip at least :v
If you hide like a rat, then escape with hatch+key+left behind you're not worth a pip. Also, they added a gen while being chased emblem score, which helps you if you only get chased.
This is a super loaded question btw. A better question would be "Should a successful escape guarantee a pip."
People are naturally going to say no the way you word it.
I've depipped on killer on 31k, HOW
It might have been a lot of coop bloodpoints, boldness from totems and unsafe unhooks.
I got 27k points one time and was half way of piping once.
Nobody is entitled to a pip. The emblem system is in place for a reason. Keep track of your blood points in those categories, they are not directly linked to the embled points, but you can still use them as an indicator.
I'm voting no because I'm pedantic like that and I'm taking your question at face value. No, an escape should not mean a depip. But also, yes, survivors should depip if they escape without doing anything else. If you escape but depip, it probably means you played badly in other areas (unless it was because either the killer or your teammates or both were potatoes, but that's another discussion).
What did you do? If you're farming and killing off your team, you don't deserve a pip. I'm not sure how you can get 15k and depip without actively sandbagging your team. Additionally, you escaping or living doesn't translate to skill. It translates to luck. You could have hid the entire game.
Shoot... I forgot about that lol...
But heres my reason of saying No: If they did something they earned it.
But like @Blueberry said.. if they did nothing let em depip.