Why do people do this sort of thing?

I had a match where I was playing as Myers. Someone kept jumping in and out of lockers all game blowing up my screen with the explosion noise. I killed 2 of their friends and went to check the locker and they stunned me with head on then as soon as i down them they dc. They start spamming me with game invites, party invites, messages, to the point my system was starting to freeze up. So i admit i got angry and to them to beep off they reported me and i got hit with a 2 week suspension. What was the point of it.

Comments

  • @GhostofYharnam said:

    I had a match where I was playing as Myers. Someone kept jumping in and out of lockers all game blowing up my screen with the explosion noise. I killed 2 of their friends and went to check the locker and they stunned me with head on then as soon as i down them they dc. They start spamming me with game invites, party invites, messages, to the point my system was starting to freeze up. So i admit i got angry and to them to beep off they reported me and i got hit with a 2 week suspension. What was the point of it.

    The point of it was to get a rise out of you. That's it. They're hoping you'll do something like swear at them, just so they can report you. Next time, don't respond, just block them.

  • Stay calm and report then block.

  • Spamming party invs, empty messages, game invs etc. after dying to sabotage the killer is about the most toxic thing I can think of as it literally forces the killer to stop playing for a moment to block the spammer allowing their SWF teammates to rush gens, unhooks, heals etc.

    Since the devs won't/can't do anything about this I suggest you write down their names and just dodge them next time.

    If everyone did that these kinda people would eventually play nothing but DBD-lobbysimulator which is a real killer... For their spare time.

  • Well... That sucks.. but you must have said something more than a cuss word at them if you got a 2 week ban for it. You don't get banned for telling someone to f off.


    Should have just started recording and reported them for harassing you.

  • @GhostofYharnam said:

    I had a match where I was playing as Myers. Someone kept jumping in and out of lockers all game blowing up my screen with the explosion noise. I killed 2 of their friends and went to check the locker and they stunned me with head on then as soon as i down them they dc. They start spamming me with game invites, party invites, messages, to the point my system was starting to freeze up. So i admit i got angry and to them to beep off they reported me and i got hit with a 2 week suspension. What was the point of it.

    Well. To do exactly what you said. To get a response. You should have just blocked them. Messaging them was exactly what they wanted, and it worked. You got a ban.

    Just report them for harassment and block them.

    Engaging is what they want.