The sucking sound of the flowers and the cosmetics were neck and neck! The reason i picked cosmetics was because im hoping for a Michael Myers and Laurie Strode ones.
That's fair. But I'm not excited for it just because of that. I was excited for things like the David Jacket and Huntress mask. With the new purchasable event cosmetics It's more like... Like a nice bonus. It's like getting a participation sticker at a fair rather than winning a contest.
There is no sucking sound or flowers to harvest this time. Look at the old offerings. They are update and now they say: 1 special gen and 1 special hook will spawn.. So its a normal and boring gen repair and hooking event.
There is no sucking sound this time. Look at the old offerings. They are update and now they say: 1 special gen and 1 special hook will spawn.. So its a normal and boring gen repair and hooking event.
That doesn't mean that the gens won't make the sucking sound instead of working on gen sounds. When you complete the gen it makes the sound of someone sucking on a straw that has little to none liquid left.
I’ve never understood this mentality. Earning a cosmetic for free is a great reward. Why do you care if others can spend $10 to purchase it?
Really it's in both cases you earn that item. Both, you work hard to get it. When the event is over; One case it is gone forever and no one else can earn it ever, so it is special and everyone knows it. In the other case you have it and everyone else can get it too for money after the event is long gone. You know you got it through hard work, but everyone else doesn't. I personally wish there was both. One item in the event could event only and everything else is how it is now.
I’ve never understood this mentality. Earning a cosmetic for free is a great reward. Why do you care if others can spend $10 to purchase it?
I already explained that above in response to rd_dex: It'd be like working your ass off to win some competition and then the next day an exact replica of that special "one of a kind" trophy you got for winning can now be bought by literally anyone.
And, while it's not really the thing that bothers me lets look at it from a monetary perspective since money is what both of you brought up.
Let's say you spend six hours making something and then you find out that literally anyone could buy an exact replica of it for like 8 bucks (U.S. Dollars). *8 bucks is barely minimum wage in most US states. That person just got something you spent 6 hours working on for 1 hour of work. Your effort has less value than theirs apparently. Six times less value to be exact.
Really it's in both cases you earn that item. Both, you work hard to get it. When the event is over; One case it is gone forever and no one else can earn it ever, so it is special and everyone knows it. In the other case you have it and everyone else can get it too for money after the event is long gone. You know you got it through hard work, but everyone else doesn't. I personally wish there was both. One item in the event could event only and everything else is how it is now.
I already explained that above in response to rd_dex: It'd be like working your ass off to win some competition and then the next day an exact replica of that special "one of a kind" trophy you got for winning can now be bought by literally anyone.
And, while it's not really the thing that bothers me lets look at it from a monetary perspective since money is what both of you brought up.
Let's say you spend six hours making something and then you find out that literally anyone could buy an exact replica of it for like 8 bucks (U.S. Dollars). *8 bucks is barely minimum wage in most US states. That person just got something you spent 6 hours working on for 1 hour of work. Your effort has less value than theirs apparently. Six times less value to be exact.
I would rather there just be no exclusive cosmetics in the game. I don’t care about feeling special or getting a “one of a kind” trophy, I just want cool cosmetics and I don’t care if other people have different ways to access them. In fact I’m glad other people get to enjoy the same things I do.
Just my personal opinion I guess, but it’s why I was so happy with how they handled the past events (moonrise and hallowed blight).
I would rather there just be no exclusive cosmetics in the game. I don’t care about feeling special or getting a “one of a kind” trophy, I just want cool cosmetics and I don’t care if other people have different ways to access them. In fact I’m glad other people get to enjoy the same things I do.
Just my personal opinion I guess, but it’s why I was so happy with how they handled the past events (moonrise and hallowed blight).
That's fine! If they keep going the route they are going with cosmetics that's cool. If not, well everyone will state where they stand with it in the forums. Either way cosmetics are coming. Like i said before, I'm kind of hoping for Laurie and Michael cosmetics. Feng too. Always Feng.
Oh yes! The music, i forgot that. O do like the music too. So far i liked the Circus(Forgot what it was called), Shattered Bloodlines and the Stranger Things music so far.
That's fine! If they keep going the route they are going with cosmetics that's cool. If not, well everyone will state where they stand with it in the forums. Either way cosmetics are coming. Like i said before, I'm kind of hoping for Laurie and Michael cosmetics. Feng too. Always Feng.
Yes Laurie and Mikey cosmetics would be amazing! Crossing my fingers for old Laurie.
I was excited for Hallowed Blight, but since the first day of Double Blood I found myself wasting too much time on DBD. I didn't bother playing at all yesterday. I thought to myself 'why I am doing this?'...just to get higher tiers quicker without the (occasional) fun gameplay. The amount of time waiting for and playing a double blood killer game could be spent doing 3 normal killer games so the time/bloodpoints/fun balance is not valid.
I would rather there just be no exclusive cosmetics in the game. I don’t care about feeling special or getting a “one of a kind” trophy, I just want cool cosmetics and I don’t care if other people have different ways to access them. In fact I’m glad other people get to enjoy the same things I do.
Just my personal opinion I guess, but it’s why I was so happy with how they handled the past events (moonrise and hallowed blight).
And your opinion is valid. I was just trying to answer your question about the mentality and explain why my personal outlook for events has shifted. Why it doesn't excite me like it used to.
It used to be about the trophy I could earn. Now it's about the bloodpoints and just having fun.
In the end it just comes down to us finding different meanings in things. (And to be fair, I can completely understand just wanting to be able to buy a cosmetic. I'm a fashionista in games, or whatever the male variant of fashionista is)
I guess, to better explain my point, since I don't think I did a good job:
I'd be happy with like an extra blade of grass on my lobby screen for earning something in the event. The point was that it was never about the cosmetic for me in the first place, but about having proof that I accomplished something. Evidence that I personally didn't just pay my way through.
I'll still play the events and take advantage of the "free" cosmetics, but they won't have the same meaning to me that they used to.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
The sucking sound of the flowers and the cosmetics were neck and neck! The reason i picked cosmetics was because im hoping for a Michael Myers and Laurie Strode ones.
I'm a point obsessive, and honestly a cosmetic doesn't mean anything to me as a reward if people can just buy it.
Still better to get them for free.
That's fair. But I'm not excited for it just because of that. I was excited for things like the David Jacket and Huntress mask. With the new purchasable event cosmetics It's more like... Like a nice bonus. It's like getting a participation sticker at a fair rather than winning a contest.
Does that make sense?
I still need a spooky flashlight for my item collection
Free cosmetics? Heck yeah!
The sucking sound of the flowers is a close second!
There is no sucking sound or flowers to harvest this time. Look at the old offerings. They are update and now they say: 1 special gen and 1 special hook will spawn.. So its a normal and boring gen repair and hooking event.
That doesn't mean that the gens won't make the sucking sound instead of working on gen sounds. When you complete the gen it makes the sound of someone sucking on a straw that has little to none liquid left.
I’ve never understood this mentality. Earning a cosmetic for free is a great reward. Why do you care if others can spend $10 to purchase it?
Really it's in both cases you earn that item. Both, you work hard to get it. When the event is over; One case it is gone forever and no one else can earn it ever, so it is special and everyone knows it. In the other case you have it and everyone else can get it too for money after the event is long gone. You know you got it through hard work, but everyone else doesn't. I personally wish there was both. One item in the event could event only and everything else is how it is now.
I already explained that above in response to rd_dex: It'd be like working your ass off to win some competition and then the next day an exact replica of that special "one of a kind" trophy you got for winning can now be bought by literally anyone.
And, while it's not really the thing that bothers me lets look at it from a monetary perspective since money is what both of you brought up.
Let's say you spend six hours making something and then you find out that literally anyone could buy an exact replica of it for like 8 bucks (U.S. Dollars). *8 bucks is barely minimum wage in most US states. That person just got something you spent 6 hours working on for 1 hour of work. Your effort has less value than theirs apparently. Six times less value to be exact.
I would rather there just be no exclusive cosmetics in the game. I don’t care about feeling special or getting a “one of a kind” trophy, I just want cool cosmetics and I don’t care if other people have different ways to access them. In fact I’m glad other people get to enjoy the same things I do.
Just my personal opinion I guess, but it’s why I was so happy with how they handled the past events (moonrise and hallowed blight).
The music!
That's fine! If they keep going the route they are going with cosmetics that's cool. If not, well everyone will state where they stand with it in the forums. Either way cosmetics are coming. Like i said before, I'm kind of hoping for Laurie and Michael cosmetics. Feng too. Always Feng.
Oh yes! The music, i forgot that. O do like the music too. So far i liked the Circus(Forgot what it was called), Shattered Bloodlines and the Stranger Things music so far.
Yes Laurie and Mikey cosmetics would be amazing! Crossing my fingers for old Laurie.
Yes!
I was excited for Hallowed Blight, but since the first day of Double Blood I found myself wasting too much time on DBD. I didn't bother playing at all yesterday. I thought to myself 'why I am doing this?'...just to get higher tiers quicker without the (occasional) fun gameplay. The amount of time waiting for and playing a double blood killer game could be spent doing 3 normal killer games so the time/bloodpoints/fun balance is not valid.
And your opinion is valid. I was just trying to answer your question about the mentality and explain why my personal outlook for events has shifted. Why it doesn't excite me like it used to.
It used to be about the trophy I could earn. Now it's about the bloodpoints and just having fun.
In the end it just comes down to us finding different meanings in things. (And to be fair, I can completely understand just wanting to be able to buy a cosmetic. I'm a fashionista in games, or whatever the male variant of fashionista is)
I guess, to better explain my point, since I don't think I did a good job:
I'd be happy with like an extra blade of grass on my lobby screen for earning something in the event. The point was that it was never about the cosmetic for me in the first place, but about having proof that I accomplished something. Evidence that I personally didn't just pay my way through.
I'll still play the events and take advantage of the "free" cosmetics, but they won't have the same meaning to me that they used to.
I hope that made more sense.
Also, I would 100% dig old Laurie
Didn't think about it, but you're darn right. Music is the best part pretty much every update, especially events!
Cosmetics everytime.
I would pick flowers but clearly we are getting generators this time
Cosmetics n Lore