Ability to Choose Lower Tiers of Perks
It'd be nice if, when choosing a perk loadout, there were a way to choose to use a lower tier of a perk. Like if I have Discordance tier 3 but I'd like to equip the tier 1 version. There are some perks where using the lower tier can be beneficial, but once the perk is upgraded there's absolutely no way to go back. And as much as I try, the Bloodweb has forced me to purchase upgrades of perks I didn't want.
Perks like Whispers, Discordance, Distressing, Make Your Choice, and Monitor & Abuse have different pros and cons at their different tiers, and some players may prefer a lower tier over a higher tier.
Comments
Okay while i understand some perks are stronger tiered 1 (for diffrent killers or just in general) why is Whispers, Distressing and M&A in your list
Whispers - if you want to use it just to figure out which exit gate a survivor went to, the bigger radius is better because you don't have to waste time getting so close. Some people don't need it as much for map awareness.
Distressing - I use it on all my killers for BP, but not all killers are better with a bigger TR. The difference is probably minimal, but it's still a difference.
M&A - in case someone wants just the TR stuff but doesn't like the bigger field of view. I've seen some people say bigger fields of view make them a bit queasy, so I thought I'd include it in the list for that reason.
@TragicSolitude
Okay that seems fair enough i guess
(taken from wiki)
And that's honestly a first. I've only heard people say it makes them feel go super fast :d
I don't see why this can't be a thing. Whether or not it is "better".
I mean it allows people to practice will lower tier perks, as opposed to going no perk completely. It also allows streamers to do challenges like such as well, if they wanted to make that a thing.
People wanting to "challenge" themselves or just prefer a different tier should be allowed to choose. It's not a bad idea. It would be a neat function of the game to have. I'm not sure how they could implement it, like..... I could foresee a lot of bugs happening.. like you have t3 perk, and want it but it screws up in game and acts like a t1 or something lol. idk. But in general it would be fun for older players to give some challenge etc.
+Upvote. Good idea.
Yeah, that's a good one too that I'd been thinking about: for the challenge of it. Players are always looking for different ways to challenge themselves in the game, and using tier 1 versions of perks could be a good one.
Wow, I knew the difference would be small, but that's crazy.
It's probably not common, but I've seen people say increased field of view in the game gives them motion sickness.
Whether for actual preference or just to provide a challenge in gameplay, choosing a lower tier of a perk should only require a small UI change: hold down the button when hovering over an equipped perk, select a different tier.