Rip flashlight saves ?
Title
Title
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Why?
That pickup animation speed is insane in PTB, It will take a brain dead killer to actually get blinded for a save now lol. It's insanely fast. I hope they put some thought into this.
I did in PTB with friends and i watched a streamer testing it yesterday (OhTofu) and he shares my opinion (He was a killer main), it is just ridiculous. I don't usually cry about perk nerfs or any of that, i can adapt. But FL save was one of the few things if not only, that required some skill, fun apart from holding M1 and running in circles.
You basically have to be right infront of a killer to get the timing, if you take less than a second to get there, you will miss it. Only brain dead baby killer with 10 hours playtime picking up right infront of you, will get blinded.
It doesnt change a lot tbh.
THe killer still cant do anything because he is locked in animation and the only change will be that the survivor might have to get closer to the downed survivor in order to get in front of the killer fast enough.
However, considering that survivors usually have time to click the flashlight at you during the animation, just to flash you afterwards, I dont think the change is gonna do much
Don't count on god, i doubt they will keep it that way coz it's pretty much broken. give it time lol
I thought the pick-up speed was busted though. Made a thread about it.
Is this with version 2.1.0a? I only tested 2.1.0 and it was still 4.3 seconds.
Thanks if this is answered.
Edit: I see it's actually working now. Very good, thought this change was needed considering picking people up was really time consuming.
Ohh wait, nevermind. Survivors don't play the PTB because there's nothing in for them.
Shame, shame.
In that case I recommend survivors to adapt to the new change. Maybe flashlights finally will require some timing and skill.
i love how some people just say "adapt" without any thinking, brainless tbh. If you look at the pickup speed and have any slight experience with flashlight saves "i doubt" , you will probably know it's almost impossible unless the killer is a baby one. Mark my words, pickup speed will be reverted soon or at least nerfed
Considering the devs just came out with a stream where they told Survivors to basically git gud and defended their choices, I doubt it.
meh i wouldn't count much on their words, they already told killers before to play Civ
Idc about perks tbh, they can nerf it all they want.
Survivors abused the ######### out of it, by using it against a killer who is animation locked and can't defend himself against it. Finally they do something about it, since changing the animation might be to complicated.
So, yeah. Adapt or stop using it.
It was always possible to blind killers while they carry someone. But survivors relied so much on the animation locked killer, that only a few learned to do it. Reminds me of jucking. Only a few learned to actually juke. The rest just "learned" how to run in circles. Now they defend looping like there's no other way to lose the killer.
"I cannot use the fact that someone is stuck in an animation while my friend got caught, running on purpose in the cornfield, to get a free rescue
"
Yeah. It's actually gonna be harder now, and you'll have to take some risks getting closer to the killer rather than staying in a safe zone. It's kinda legit considering the efforts you have to make to actually catch a survivor in this game.
And by closer you mean 2m away from a killer ? Because if you stay further than that you won't get the timing
There is a difference between making effort and taking skill and between "broken". If you are blinded by your role that you can't see it, fine by me. We both know no killer with slight experience will get blinded with that animation speed.
And yeah, the animation is the way to get the blind. Have you ever been blinded while moving ? Because i might have to question your skills then.
As a flashlight master, I won’t give my opinion, just the numbers. With current conditions, it takes roughly 2.2 seconds to blind the killer, with the last .2 usually having to be right at the end and after the animation. But basically, you have less than a second to get into position now.
ya know....I'm not the best Dbd Player, yet i could pull of flashlight saves....And that is something I DO NOT want. i prefer it requiring skill and extreme timing since it's a ,well you know, a Save that can basically win you the game.
It was pretty sad that I could pull of 12 saves in a game if I was given a second flashlight (actually happened) but the 3 seconds is a BIT too fast. Should be like 3.4-3.5.
As I stated, Im not that great of a flashlight saver, so I'll go with what you're saying cuz it's most likely true given your experience.
so 3.45 is the best time in your opinion?
Yeah, I’d assume so. And those wondering, YES I’ve played killer to rank 1, I know what they deal with.
Also keep in mind everyone will have to RE LEARN the timing
@Jack11803
It just came to my mind : Lightborn
doesn't light born make it extremely hard to pull the save if the conditions we're making are put to play?
not a complaint : the perk should do this IMO
Inpossible, even with my suggestion impossible
Man, it’s almost like solo exists... and it’s survival rate is 30% (too low). Almost makes you think.... yes SWF is OP, but you can’t just throw solo, the intended method of play; into the trash
Too bad when devs confirmed camping is ok, they also said SURVIVORS ARE NOT A TEAM. Besides, I understand those perks are op, but if they want other perks to be run, maybe buff them from trash tier. Also, no, you didn’t answer the solo thing. It directly hurts balance with solo and you seem to care less
The statistical survival rate for solo players is 30%. Convince me that’s OP in any way by itself
Rank 1-5, late howling grounds stream I believe
every killer EVEN AGAINST SWF, was 48-69% kill rate. Against only solo, high 60-70’s
It is true. Honestly best course of action. Give solo FULL ON COMMS. Then nerf survivors a bunch. Only way to make SWF stop using solo as a human shield against nerfs
Make your choice would only make it more apparent survivors (solo) are weak. Also, the 30% was ALL average. So any killers used
There’s a good 5 howling grounds streams, sorry for not remembering which one, and even then you could miss it if you pick the right one. Also, their was individual killer stats more recentaly. Not against solo, against ALL, it it was nowhere near extreme as “they kill 70%” AKA (30% survival rate)
2 meters ? It used to be a 4,3s animation. PTB is 3s. It's not a HUGE change. You're just exagerating, it's not like they made it to be 1s.
It's just a consequence of the fact that pallet stuns are more easily done now, since people tend to get caught directly under pallets way more since the vacuum removal, leading to unjustified rescue for a survivor that actually failed.
A well deserved buff.