The new Freddy
Has gotten more boring to face after all the rework and updates. Even more boring than Legion or the Doctor.
And by boring I mean unfun.
Has gotten more boring to face after all the rework and updates. Even more boring than Legion or the Doctor.
And by boring I mean unfun.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Would you like to elaborate?
Like, why do you feel like he's unfun?
What? Freddy is great now. He was absolutely crapè before.
Freddy is my favorite killer to play and one of my favorites to face. The dream world is done super well now and I love his powers. Dunno what your issue is.
He's ''boring'' to face?
We need details otherwise you're in the minority.
If you're talking about Swing chains with Thana and Dying Light then that's not a Freddy problem as any Killer can do that, without Swing Chains of course.
I agree partially, dream pallets are boring and the lullaby rather than a heart beat puts me off, they're really the only things I don't like about new Freddy. Why don't you like facing him?
@Peanits An important thing about Freddy since I can't create a post, why he can be seen with Object of Obsession when you're asleep? You can see him at any distance, is he intentional?
You mean with Object of Obsession when you are asleep? That isn't a bug because you don't have terror radius.
That was not so before
That's because oblivious wasnt a thing before.... oblivious effect is active when you're in dream world so freddy doesn't have a TR.... therefore TR perks dont work so OoO will stay active
Freddy doesn't really bother me. Puddle Freddy isn't that fun. Pallet Freddy kinda keeps things interesting, but his lullaby when you're asleep is annoying and the fact that it's non directional kinda makes any wall work against you. In a chase that lullaby really gets on my nerves though. If it was more than just a "la la lalala la la" constantly it might be okay, but as is it's entirely ear grating, and you hear it playing in your mind all during the trial whether you're asleep or awake, and even after. They should really have a kid actually sing the song, rather than just "La la lalala la la" constantly. At least then it might not be as frustrating if you're in a long chase or something.
Freddy is fun to play as and against. The only change that I could see happening is letting him teleport to completed/blocked off gens.
Sorry, I never cared to elaborate. And this isn’t really a post against Freddy, I was just ranting at the time I wrote this and it came out wrong...
This comes from me as a survivor main (I play killer regularly too anyway).
Unfortunately, while all the changes make Freddy much more viable, and I have enjoyed playing as him, he can be really annoying nowadays.
I haven’t been playing much and I ended up in rank 12 (now 10) after reset, and facing Freddy in those ranks can be very, very unfun (let alone the fact you get matched with either new players or trolling red ranks). Half of the survivors don’t know what to do or how to counter Freddy, or simply don’t care, and it ends up being a pain for those who do but can’t really carry a game on their shoulders. Survivors won’t wake up and won’t wake up others either. So you get a Freddy with a lot of map pressure given all those gen teleports. Half of the survivors don’t know what each update has because they don’t join the forums and the patch notes are exclusively in English and this ends up affecting the experience for others too. They don’t know that Oblivious negates Borrowed Time, they don’t know they can’t unhook you near the killer no longer if affected by it because it’s useless. But this lack of knowledge doesn’t improve other killers’ performance as it does for Freddy now... I have found myself hating Freddy, unfairly, because I couldn’t have a decent game against him unless I play with a friend or two that are at least updated on the patch notes or the powers for each killer.
I know, I complained about various things at the same time, my bad. Matchmaking would be the most urgent thing to fix, but then I would really want BHVR to improve their guides (do they even exist?) and make them more inclusive. Not all of us speak English nor join forums to end up understanding the game’s dynamics. I’m part of several Whatsapp groups about the game where people don’t speak any English and each patch I bother to translate the info to them because they don’t have access to it otherwise. (And I know about the game guides contest, but will it be in any other language than English?)
The lullaby is indeed annoying and ear piercing hah