"Accept it and move on"

So I just got here from a horrible Demo game. Portals destroyed in mere seconds, could never lunge because of their optimal routing, and they put so much pressure on me that I could do nothing to pressure back, despite having Discordance, Pop, Ruin and Corrupt. All my juggling and hooking was futile in the end. It was on the Storehouse with the super-strong window open, and they left that gen for last, making things even worse for me. Still being salty from previous games I did a small rant of why that gen speed is allowed, and one of them told me, "the game was survivor sided from day 1, you can just make peace with it and move on, nothing else".


Should I listen to this advice?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/702915#Comment_702915

    They could've just forgotten about the Trapper and Wraith update, but they took the time to give them something — That's my point. Sure, they aren't viable, but that's because their powers are too straightforward. :)

    I'd rather have them properly rework something instead of the mostly half-hearted attempts they've done so far. Only the Freddy rework was an actual proper rework.

  • @Mochan said:

    It's dumb advice. the game is not survivor sided. They just outplayed you. Bring Bamboozle next time if the window is too strong for you.

    What you should accept isn't that the game is survivor-sided, you should accept that you got outplayed by a better team of survivors, and move on.

    You call camping a 0 mindgame window that's near a 85% gen outplaying me? What's next, is looping on blood lodge also considered outplaying the killer?

  • I might be a minority, but how RNG this game is one of the things that keep it fresh, every game is different and you will have good games and bad games. Of course some times a paticular perk setup or a team of really, really good co-ordinated survs can make things feel unfair. But the way that rank resets and matchmaking works in this game, even at red ranks its very rare to see an SWF that plays 100% perfectly, they do exist but so do 4k hour Nursemains, either one your gonna have a bad time.

  • @DocOctober said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/703226#Comment_703226

    I'd rather have them properly rework something instead of the mostly half-hearted attempts they've done so far. Only the Freddy rework was an actual proper rework.

    Ah, I see, you have a huge misconception: Trapper and Wraith were just updates, they didn't rework Trapper or Wraith. Update and a rework are two completely different things. :)

    The developers explain the difference here:

    https://youtu.be/dSX_MgLNuHA


    Anyways, I was trying to prove a point, that the developers are trying, and I don't think it's fair to say they haven't being busting their butts off for us.

  • @MemberBerry said:

    So I just got here from a horrible Demo game. Portals destroyed in mere seconds, could never lunge because of their optimal routing, and they put so much pressure on me that I could do nothing to pressure back, despite having Discordance, Pop, Ruin and Corrupt. All my juggling and hooking was futile in the end. It was on the Storehouse with the super-strong window open, and they left that gen for last, making things even worse for me. Still being salty from previous games I did a small rant of why that gen speed is allowed, and one of them told me, "the game was survivor sided from day 1, you can just make peace with it and move on, nothing else".

    Should I listen to this advice?

    It's gen speed.. Good killers are complaining about it.. While others don't agree because they are survivor main or they vs weak survivors as killer.

  • I mean I think that anyone who plays killer at least casually knows that sometimes you just try your best because the match is pretty much over, same with survivors accepting match is over when the killer has already hooked 3 people and no gens have been touched.

    I think the whole “The game is survivor sided” is dumb and clearly from someone who is just inexperienced.

  • They really should take time in a patch to get rid of the "god" loops that just allows 3 loops till the entity blocker and over abundance of safe pallets in most of the maps, they should have done that a long time ago instead of band aid fixes like spirit fury, bamboozle, bloodlust, entity block ect.

    It really could have all been avoided if they were more proactive with map changes in the beginning.

    I really don't like how perks are now just the answer to core issues in the game personally, but yeah survivors if they are good will always be the power role unless you play the top 2 killers and maybe Billy.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    I mean I think that anyone who plays killer at least casually knows that sometimes you just try your best because the match is pretty much over, same with survivors accepting match is over when the killer has already hooked 3 people and no gens have been touched.

    I think the whole “The game is survivor sided” is dumb and clearly from someone who is just inexperienced.

    Name me one thing that I, as Demogorgon, could've done there? All of my portals were being constantly destroyed before I could apply any pressure to them, I had no time to search for people because discordance was active 80% of the match. I had 1 gen left, 1 at the storehouse, 1 outside of it and 1 on the other side of the map, with the storehouse one at 85% progress. The BS window was open, so they could just hop in and out without worrying 1 bit. I couldn't walk 2 feet away without them swarming the storehouse gen like raccoons.


    And please be smart and rational and don't just slap a "pressure harder" and be done with it.

  • @Mochan said:

    It's dumb advice. the game is not survivor sided. They just outplayed you. Bring Bamboozle next time if the window is too strong for you.

    What you should accept isn't that the game is survivor-sided, you should accept that you got outplayed by a better team of survivors, and move on.

    This game is survivor sided lol you’re clearly a survivor main thwarting anyone’s attack on survivors. I love playing survivor And I love playing killer and can clearly see the disparity between a swf team vs a solo queue player

  • @Mochan said:

    It's dumb advice. the game is not survivor sided. They just outplayed you. Bring Bamboozle next time if the window is too strong for you.

    What you should accept isn't that the game is survivor-sided, you should accept that you got outplayed by a better team of survivors, and move on.

    This game is clearly survivor sided lol you are big brained to think otherwise. No matter the skill of the killer a good swf group will escape unless Spirit, Billy, Nurse. Facts. The RNG of the map will affect this and the High skill of the killer will manage maybe a 2k but the gens will pop and these will be end game sacrifices. It doesn’t happen every time but most of the time. Survivors kill themselves for being too altruistic.

  • @MemberBerry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/704211#Comment_704211

    Name me one thing that I, as Demogorgon, could've done there? All of my portals were being constantly destroyed before I could apply any pressure to them, I had no time to search for people because discordance was active 80% of the match. I had 1 gen left, 1 at the storehouse, 1 outside of it and 1 on the other side of the map, with the storehouse one at 85% progress. The BS window was open, so they could just hop in and out without worrying 1 bit. I couldn't walk 2 feet away without them swarming the storehouse gen like raccoons.

    And please be smart and rational and don't just slap a "pressure harder" and be done with it.

    @MemberBerry It's simple. You can't win every. single. match.

    Survivors did a good job in keeping the last 3 gens separate and outplayed you by sealing your portals. So, at that point you do your best, because more than likely you've already lost the match.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/704268#Comment_704268

    @MemberBerry It's simple. You can't win every. single. match.

    Survivors did a good job in keeping the last 3 gens separate and outplayed you by sealing your portals. So, at that point you do your best, because more than likely you've already lost the match.

    How exactly did they "outplay me"? They just held m1 together, forcing me to give up searching for hiding survivors because discordance was constantly active, and they hugged the most broken loop in the map.

  • @MemberBerry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/704301#Comment_704301

    How exactly did they "outplay me"? They just held m1 together, forcing me to give up searching for hiding survivors because discordance was constantly active, and they hugged the most broken loop in the map.

    @MemberBerry Lol what?

    You said it yourself they sealed the portals and were smart about where to fix gens.

    So when you down someone you don’t outplay because technically you held M1 too? Kinda sense a double-standard here.

    You chose to chase at the strongest loop in the map but complained about it afterwards. Sorry but sometimes you have to stop chasing and go find someone else.

  • @TKTK said:

    They really should take time in a patch to get rid of the "god" loops that just allows 3 loops till the entity blocker and over abundance of safe pallets in most of the maps, they should have done that a long time ago instead of band aid fixes like spirit fury, bamboozle, bloodlust, entity block ect.

    It really could have all been avoided if they were more proactive with map changes in the beginning.

    I really don't like how perks are now just the answer to core issues in the game personally, but yeah survivors if they are good will always be the power role unless you play the top 2 killers and maybe Billy.

    Killers are the power role.

    But really. The "Power Role" is whoever is better. Survivors are only the "power" role if they are better than the killer.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/704335#Comment_704335

    @MemberBerry Lol what?

    You said it yourself they sealed the portals and were smart about where to fix gens.

    So when you down someone you don’t outplay because technically you held M1 too? Kinda sense a double-standard here.

    You chose to chase at the strongest loop in the map but complained about it afterwards. Sorry but sometimes you have to stop chasing and go find someone else.

    Okay, let me repeat myself. There was a gen at 85% around the said broken loop, I had to protect it, so they had a massive advantage. Also, spreading out gens isn't any sort of outplaying if you always force the killer to give up every chase because you and your swf buddy are always genrushing together.

  • @Mochan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/704239#Comment_704239

    Killers are the power role.

    But really. The "Power Role" is whoever is better. Survivors are only the "power" role if they are better than the killer.

    Yes I definitely feel like the power role as anyone but Nurse and Spirit...../s


    I definitely feel the power when I have to abandon my prey because they ran to a BS loop or when I sweat like crazy to end each chase in less than 30s while they pump out gens.

  • @MemberBerry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/704377#Comment_704377

    Okay, let me repeat myself. There was a gen at 85% around the said broken loop, I had to protect it, so they had a massive advantage. Also, spreading out gens isn't any sort of outplaying if you always force the killer to give up every chase because you and your swf buddy are always genrushing together.

    @MemberBerry If you have an issue with a gen (last one) being at 85% and you have PGTW, but you choose to protect it because of a "broken loop" then you've accepted that the other gens might get done. How is this exactly survivor's fault?

    You made the choice to stick around instead of possibly downing a survivor and using your pop on that gen.

    Also, actually spreading out gens IS a legit strategy (my friends and I do it all the time), it counters a 3-gen strat, so... "giving up every chase" isn't a strategy at all, but it also isn't what I said. I said SOMETIMES you have to drop THE chase.

  • @MemberBerry

    You can always improve in any situation, try looking at it from a different perspective. If you review how the game went in your head, you can find flaws in your own routing and overall performance.

    In a match, whenever you do bad you can think about what other routes you could've taken that would've improved the overall results. For example, if you say chases someone for 3 generators and than finally got them, you could review that in your head and think of another option you could've taken. Maybe you could've given up after a minute, knowing they're not worth the wasted time you could be using on other Survivors that're not as good at looping.

    That's something that will overall help you in the long run, making scenarios that could've been better for your game and acting upon them if a similar game were to happen again. It really does help to review a situation and build upon it later on, rather than just giving up and writing it off as a "un-winnable game" as most people do.

  • Everyone keeps saying "OPTIMAL" like that's a massive majority of the survivors. News flash, it's not. In fact most of them are bad.

  • @MemberBerry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/704301#Comment_704301

    How exactly did they "outplay me"? They just held m1 together, forcing me to give up searching for hiding survivors because discordance was constantly active, and they hugged the most broken loop in the map.

    If this is the logic that we go by then killers winning isn’t outplaying survivors since they just hold w and occasionally press m2 and m1. You can make both sides sound really easy based on controls but it doesn’t make it true.

  • @Mochan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/704239#Comment_704239

    Killers are the power role.

    But really. The "Power Role" is whoever is better. Survivors are only the "power" role if they are better than the killer.

    Hey you can say that, I'm not gonna pointlessly argue about it.

    Your opinion. Have fun playing trapper against swf with toolboxes, keys, all with ds and comms.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/704449#Comment_704449

    @MemberBerry If you have an issue with a gen (last one) being at 85% and you have PGTW, but you choose to protect it because of a "broken loop" then you've accepted that the other gens might get done. How is this exactly survivor's fault?

    You made the choice to stick around instead of possibly downing a survivor and using your pop on that gen.

    Also, actually spreading out gens IS a legit strategy (my friends and I do it all the time), it counters a 3-gen strat, so... "giving up every chase" isn't a strategy at all, but it also isn't what I said. I said SOMETIMES you have to drop THE chase.

    By the time I down someone, the gen is already done. 2 of them were swf btw.

  • @Usui said:

    Everyone keeps saying "OPTIMAL" like that's a massive majority of the survivors. News flash, it's not. In fact most of them are bad.

    Doesn't take much to be optimal in this game.

1 2 ›