Frame drops?
This patch has seriously broke the game in terms of optimisation; consistent frame drops are making chases as both killer and survivor unbearable. I always play on low settings and ive tried to adjust resolution and it's exactly the same still. I also know for a fact that I'm not the only player to experience this since the new patch.
Is there any news on this? Because it's genuinely unplayable at times.
Comments
Game is fine for me on PC, I see nothing wrong. Maybe its just your PC? Or console?
It's not just me it's happening to, so it's definitely not just me.
Again, if my PC is fine than its not everyone as this posts leads people to believe.
Its either YOUR PC, because it isn't up to par to handle it (As well as others with PCs that're akin to 1999 windows xp laptops), OR its something thats only an issue for certain people.
The PC I use is able to run new games from 2019 in 4K Ultra; (which I've tried earlier today) I know what I'm talking about in this case.
And my post was very clear that I know others have this issue too, both personally, and on the forum.
The 'I don't have this problem so it's not a real problem, your PC is a potato' response is in no way helpful, btw.
As with most issues in this game, the bug inevitable will only target a specific group of players. Such is the way of DBD. Just got rid of the rank update error bug too.
That isn't entirely true, the start leads it on to believe that its happening to everyone, here's a quote. "The path has seriously broke the game in terms of optimization;" Tbh, the post never really said it was happening to everyone, but it never said it was happening to specific people either. Yes, while he does say hes not the only player to experience this, he also doesn't say that its specific people either.
Regardless to this because who honestly cares, I never had issues with this patch since its been out. So its safe to say that it has something to do with either the game internally, select people because of their hardware, the game ITSELF in certain areas, or just bad optimization in-general that doesn't reveal itself all the time.
Either way, OP isn't entirely wrong with his statement, so I do agree with what he says. I just don't agree that everyone has this issue, and whether he actually said that or not is up to him to decide.
I can confirm that the game loses around 30% of my fps after playing a while (30 minutes-ish) since the new update. It wasn't like that before.
Idk what the optimisation team they hired is doing. Are they actually working or are they just making things worse? I'm not satisfied at all, I'm already playing below 60 fps sometimes. It's pissing me off because I have to restart dbd every 30 minutes to get high fps again.
You don't have FPS drops on loading screens?
Definitely an issue again on console. The majority of Huntress matches are almost unplayable.
Which loading screens are you talking about, the logo one that loads? Or the intro cut-scene that happens before the match starts?
Not throwing shade at all, but console always has FPS issues, this isn't a surprise...
the logo one that loads after the cut-scene and the loading screens that happen when you join/quit the match :)
No, I don't get FPS drops at that.
I get a small lag during the cut-scene that happens when showing off the map, but that's because my internet is literally connected through tin cans or something. That isn't the games fault, its my internet.
(Where I live doesn't have fios as an option, so I can't get fibre to have better internet for another year or so because of a contract the greedy town I live in has with the company's that handle internet here :DDDDD. My internet is literally 3.2MB/s and yes, I use a Ethernet cable to my PC, it doesn't help at all.)
It's not "Just his pc", a lot of people have performance issues with the game. Even big streamers who have the fastest and strongest hardware noone would be able to effort have lags and fps drops.
Either you are just a casual gamer (no offense) so you aren't even noticing low fps, or you are on of the few lucky people who have the perfect hardware combination working for DbD.
The fault is definently on the side of dbd and not of our PCs. Who on earth would get new hardware just to play DbD when his current hardware is working flawless on all the other games in his steam library (which are much more detailed and need more power in theory)? Doesn't make sense at all
No, i'm not a casual, so lets not start shall we? And if you look down below, you'll probably see somewhere that I actually was agreeing with him, I just didn't agree that EVERYONE has this issue. (Because they don't.)
I do agree the game is poorly optimized, even on PC. And i'm not surprised that the OP is having an issue with the FPS.
We don't need to make assumptions here about each other because my opinion doesn't Aline with his, but its ok, I honestly don't care. My point is though, not everyone has this issue.
Lucky you. My FPS drops from 60 to 3-4 in these situations. About net I also use Ethernet cable, but my internet is 14.4 MB/s... Did you tried to change service provider from net?
@FireHazard Ah okay I see that you edit. Feelsbadman.
We tried, but the other providers took WAY too long to get back to us, and because of personal issues, we can't actually get them right now because someone... we'll just say that's in the family, billed that provider under someones name at my house.
So until we pay that bill, we can't get them :D
And if you mean like, the loading is slow than yeah that happens because people are just connecting, if that's what you mean. Obviously the FPS will drop when its trying to load the other players.
If you mean like, when its normally loading and still drops FPS? No, that doesn't happen. My games are always at a stagnant FPS until my internet decides to do these little "hiccups" I call them, and randomly the game will lag for like 1 second.
It doesn't happen all the time, but it sometimes does. And I get called a "lag switcher" because its sometimes happened when I was in a chase, and that's something I really can't fix right now...
I had this giant debate with a streamer who actually had that experience, and they thought I was lag switching, but I explained that its just my terrible internet acting up. And they had a firm belief that because I knew of this issue that I was "abusing it" or something?
We talked about it for awhile and cleared stuff up, but I wouldn't doubt some people think I lagged switched them in the past. News flash, I wasn't lmao...
I used the word MAYBE and OR. I haven't made any clear statement, I just throw in some possibilities of you having no issues while streamers with hardware only really rich people can effort have performance issues. It's up to you to explain it if you want. That's it. Don't get offended lol
Yeah :'/
I wasn't offended, i'm just explaining it to you.
I guess i'm just one of the lucky ones that isn't plagued by the FPS and poor optimization issues this game has for most of the maps. I said most, because ormond sometimes has bad FPS. Sometimes, not all the time and I really can't explain why its sometimes lmao...
I see. So you guys are gonna stick with this for a year.. Maybe the dedicated servers help you with the connection so it will no longer causes the lags :)
Maybe, if I'm lucky yeah.
If it does, I won't have that issue anymore and than the game will just be fine for me. Also, this shouldn't go without saying, but everyone has FPS drops at ormond, that's just normal...
For me, the FPS drops happen SOMETIMES, idk why its sometimes... Like i'll go outside with the snow and the FPS is fine, and than sometimes when I get the map again the FPS will die a little but not enough to make the unplayable.
In-general, we can all agree that the game has issues...
You mean the Ormond map? When I get back to the main building the FPS drops slightly, but when I go outside the FPS are fine... Have no idea why.
That map in-general makes no sense. One day its fine, but the next time you get it the map tanks a little.
No computer can keep constant FPS there all the time lmao.
Right? And it's so hard to see scratch marks on this map... Sometimes it's hard because of the lighting and sometimes because the grass covers them too much.
Its definitely the lighting that makes it hard to see them, I now know to just focus on them more than I usually do because of the info...
But still, I shouldn't have to analyze the floor because the lighting and the snow makes it near impossible to effectively track them. Also, scratch marks are still misleading so it also doesn't help...
Yeah, with them being so misleading it doesn't help. Sometimes I even lose survivor because of this lol, but that just only happens on this map. I think if the devs could change the lighting it would be much better imo
Mount Ormond in-general is a very... bad map when it comes to optimization, Scratch marks, lighting, etc. Cool map, but its clearly the worst to play on if you have FPS problems...
I agree on everything you mention, it's really bad when it comes to play. But personally I really love this map. I really love the snow, and Ormond is just beatiful visually, but not in gameplay :/
True, its like getting a hotdog, but half of it is rotten and not fit for consumption.
If the map looked like garbage, but it was optimized, you wouldn't hear me complaining lmao.
Must say that's a really interesting comparison ;p
Untrue, consoles may not be as optimised as a good pc but the game has been quite stable in many different patches.
This new patch is not one of them, the fps drop is worse than I have ever seen it.
Lemme reiterate then, console hasn't always had the BEST optimization patches.
Or in-general patches...