Borrowed Time small rework/QoL change

So, what exactly is the purpose of borrowed time? It's giving the hooked survivor a chance against a camping and tunneling killer, right?

So, why is it tied to TR and not the actual distance to the killer? Because a wraith, Pig, ghostface (to a certain extend), Freddy or simply any killer with insidious can just camp and tunnel as if borrowed time doesn't exists.

It's an inconsistency which bugged me a long time.

Keep in mind that my suggestions will not make BT stronger as it already is. It just makes it working how it supposed to be working: giving the camped and tunneled survivor a chance.

Comments

  • not it will not make it stronger but this will remove any counder play.

  • A. It adds counterplay.

    B. There's no reason to buff an already meta perk.

  • Why would you buff an already meta perk ? BT timer used to go down against any killer before Legion patch and nobody complained about this perk being too weak. It's fine if certain killers counter BT, especially when these even aren't the top tier ones.

  • @DarkGGhost said:

    not it will not make it stronger but this will remove any counder play.

    You're not supposed to be countering it with no-TR killers.

    What is the point of an anti-tunneling anti-camping perk when it doesnt' work against the king of campers, Wraith?

  • @Fab said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/699935#Comment_699935

    This exactly. I feel like OP is upset that they can’t bully certain killers with BT.

    LOL BT wouldn't bully anyone if you didn't tunnel.

  • @Mochan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/699909#Comment_699909

    You're not supposed to be countering it with no-TR killers.

    What is the point of an anti-tunneling anti-camping perk when it doesnt' work against the king of campers, Wraith?

    ok tell me will this perk work 100% every time ? Why survivors should have this power ?

  • @Fab said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/699953#Comment_699953

    It’s not tunneling when you loop me in front of a hook then go for an unsafe unhook with BT. Explain how THAT is tunneling.

    Explain how the person on the hook isn't getting Borrowed Time in this situation.

    The problem is with someone who proxy camps and ONLY unstealths as soon as the person is unhooked.

    With this logic why not just put facecamping back in to prevent unhooks?

  • @Tizzle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/699956#Comment_699956

    Explain how the person on the hook isn't getting Borrowed Time in this situation.

    The problem is with someone who proxy camps and ONLY unstealths as soon as the person is unhooked.

    With this logic why not just put facecamping back in to prevent unhooks?

    If the killer proxy camp then teming when he will be back and safe then and take the agro

  • @Awakey said:

    A. It adds counterplay.

    B. There's no reason to buff an already meta perk.

    It's not about counterplay or buff. It's about punishing toxic behaviour. Unless your opinion is that an insidious Bubba is healthy gameplay.

  • @Fab said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/699935#Comment_699935

    This exactly. I feel like OP is upset that they can’t bully certain killers with BT.

    Uhm.. What? Error404 logic not found.

  • @justarandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/699920#Comment_699920

    It's not about counterplay or buff. It's about punishing toxic behaviour. Unless your opinion is that an insidious Bubba is healthy gameplay.

    However annoying or "cheap" it is, camping is a valid strategy.

  • @Fab said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/700016#Comment_700016

    Because the survivor being chased isn't in the terror radius.

    So you want me to leave the hook and go to the other side of the map when I KNOW that there’s another survivor waiting for me to leave?

    Theres no issue with my logic. It’s called smart game sense. Give it a try sometime.

    No, there should be an opportunity to actually be able to give someone Borrowed Time when the Killer is stealthing around the hook and refusing to find/chase someone else.

    If you're getting bullied with Borrowed Time that's just sad.

  • @Awakey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/700050#Comment_700050

    However annoying or "cheap" it is, camping is a valid strategy.

    I see camping as a valid strategy when all gens are done, or the last one with 99% progress is next to the hook and similar situations.

    However, a Bubba who insidious camps from the start of the match is unhealthy and there has to be a counter to that instead of just holding M1 at gens cuz it's boring for everyone.

  • @Fab said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/700141#Comment_700141

    I strongly disagree, survivors have enough second chance perks as is.

    It’s sad if I’m versing a Seal Team Six on comms all with the same meta perks? Okay pal.

    Why cant kilelrs adapt? Think about why survivors use certain perks all the time: cause killer always play cheap.

  • Nah really the perk is fine. If one killer can counter BT by denying unsafe Rescue...just learn to saferescue...

    Seriously Leatherface and Hillbilly both denies DH and Myers deny any sensory/aura reading perks. Similar to those this is a killer that will require to be dealt with differently than most default killers.

    This isn't bad or OP just different and I think this is good. It adds flavor to the vanilla gameplay we have.

  • @Fab said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/700141#Comment_700141

    I strongly disagree, survivors have enough second chance perks as is.

    It’s sad if I’m versing a Seal Team Six on comms all with the same meta perks? Okay pal.

    It's highly unlikely you're playing a group of Seal Team Six Survivors on comms every single game.

    I can see why it may seem that way though if you're playing the way your posts insinuate.

  • @MegsAreEvil said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/700196#Comment_700196

    Why cant kilelrs adapt? Think about why survivors use certain perks all the time: cause killer always play cheap.

    Killers always adapt every time a nerf or buff happen in the game unlike the survivors that ether nerver try samething new or they just leave they stategys they use.

  • BT wouldn't be stronger. It will work as intended. If you call anti-camping perk to a perk based on the killer TR then it's not. If someone go for an unsafe hook when you're around only because BT triggers then change your play style and go for the unhooker. It's pretty easy. Right now I use that when I play killer and see a SWF. I assume they have BT and try to go for the unhooker or spend 15 secs in-chase, so the endurance effect will banish.

    I know SWF teams with tryhard perks are a bother, don't missunderstand me I really know and I feel angry when the main purpose of a SWF team is bully the killer. Also, it happens to me as a survivor, I don't like when I see 3 SWF guys bullying a killer, and I say 3 because I am the only one doing gens because I have anything better to do, more than clean totems.

  • I have a question for you.

    Why do you think the penalty for staying around the hook in the scoring category is based on the radius around the hook and NOT the Killer's terror radius?

  • @Saitamfed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/700251#Comment_700251

    BT wouldn't be stronger. It will work as intended. If you call anti-camping perk to a perk based on the killer TR then it's not. If someone go for an unsafe hook when you're around only because BT triggers then change your play style and go for the unhooker. It's pretty easy. Right now I use that when I play killer and see a SWF. I assume they have BT and try to go for the unhooker or spend 15 secs in-chase, so the endurance effect will banish.

    I know SWF teams with tryhard perks are a bother, don't missunderstand me I really know and I feel angry when the main purpose of a SWF team is bully the killer. Also, it happens to me as a survivor, I don't like when I see 3 SWF guys bullying a killer, and I say 3 because I am the only one doing gens because I have anything better to do, more than clean totems.

    So with that logic we should buff ruin because it's a anti-gan rush perk but any survivors can stop it ( gen tap)

  • @Tizzle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/700251#Comment_700251

    I have a question for you.

    Why do you think the penalty for staying around the hook in the scoring category is based on the radius around the hook and NOT the Killer's terror radius?

    Because the terror radius is usually large enough that it would unfairly punish Killers that are clearly not camping.

  • @DarkGGhost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/700307#Comment_700307

    So with that logic we should buff ruin because it's a anti-gan rush perk but any survivors can stop it ( gen tap)

    Gen tap doesn't stop ruin, sometimes just a tap start a skill chek, besides if survivors tap then ruin is doing his work. The generators won't be rushed while tapping, because it takes an eternity to have a generator fully repaired just by tapping it. So no, it's not the same.

    Ruin prevent gen-rushing not gen repairing. Hitting the great skill check is hard for a lot of players, even if you're good, that doesn't mean you don't fail, a lot of "pro survivors" fail skill checks with ruin because no one is perfect.